• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watch those construction workers...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/3845127.htm

Maybe we need to disguise our NSXs as dump trucks?

4x4nsx.jpg

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 14 August 2002).]

And we are not suppose to lie to them. HA! I find this type of behavior appalling. Why don't they use their recourses to catch real criminals. They could disguise as drug addicts and catch drug dealers. Oh that's right, they would not be able to fine and collect money from a irresponsible person. Where I live business' in the surrounding small towns are failing. I think there is a direct link between those failures and the vultures that lye in wait to write speeding tickets in the 30 mph zones where those bossiness' reside. I, as well as most people I know, stay away from these small towns for this reason alone.

I just heard about this on the radio this morning, and I am appalled that this how the FHP is trying to catch speeders. The only good thing about this is that the troopers have to stand outside in the 90+ degreee temperature with that gear on.

Oh well, it looks like I'm going to get a lasar jammer installed sooner that I think.

They did something similar in Plano (just north of Dallas) a few years ago. They would have one city police officer on a busy highway overpass w/ lidar and a "pack of wolves" further down the highway.

Eventually, somebody got fed up and took the City of Plano (I'm assuming) to court. The judge ruled that it was unlawful and that the person that radars the vehicle must be the one to issue the citation or else it's considered to be a revenue generator.

Michael.

Well in New York State this is common practice. I have seen a minivan parked in the grass on an exit loop, and thought the car was in a strange place for a breakdown.

As I appoached, I realized the person in the car had a laser gun with the camera built in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a tropoper that probably said "Honey, can I use your car today?"

Sure enough 1/2 mile up the road were six troopers lined up, with one IN THE ROAD, pointing folks to the side to get written up.

Luckily I was in my Accord that day driving passsively. VERY RARE (the passive driving that is
smile.gif

LarryB

I just have to say that if the Florida police really had their act together, they'd dress up some of their officers and undercover construction workers as indians, bikers, G.I.s, and cowboys and start showing us what real macho men do with their time.
http://www.villagepeople-official.com/

Out of all this, nothing irritates me more than this statement:

''It's human nature to take your foot off the gas when you see a cop,'' Carrick said. ``What this covert speed enforcement offers is the proposition of them never knowing when you're there watching.''

What they are saying here is that if a cop was in plain sight, people would not speed through the construction zone in the first place. They would rather have people continue to speed through the construction zones and write more tickets than to have them slow down in the first place.

Lame.

Back