• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watching JGTC on Speed

Speed Channel, that is.

mugen.jpg

I had my TIVO record all the 2002 races that they broadcast on speed over the last few weeks, and watched them all - yesterday. All I can say is "We need this series in the US."

ALMS is ok, but JGTC is the way it should be. The varied car types (where else can you see NSXs and McLarens racing head to head?), the competitive nature and the destruction-derby style of driving is just a hoot to watch. Those cars must be cheap over there the way they bash them around!

Now I know this probably only applies to snowbound folks like myself (the rest of you guys are out driving their cars) but I've never enjoyed watching road racing so much.

At the very least, we need the JGTC 2003 series live! Start a campaign to the program director at Speed and lets make it happen!

-Ed www.nsxbuilder.com

Originally posted by nsxbuilder:

Now I know this probably only applies to snowbound folks like myself (the rest of you guys are out driving their cars) but I've never enjoyed watching road racing so much.

It's not just you! The JGTC series is just that good! I hope Speed Vision decides to keep it on the air and just move it to a better time slot, and give it more air time instead of once or twice a month.

Brandon

See my post on the track and racing forum.

I don't know about the Supras and Skylines, but the JGTC NSXs do start at $1 million each for the teams. I guess that its cheap/sturdy enough for them bang them around. Far cheaper than banging around a F1 car.

Speed Channel, that is.

mugen.jpg

I had my TIVO record all the 2002 races that they broadcast on speed over the last few weeks, and watched them all - yesterday. All I can say is "We need this series in the US."

ALMS is ok, but JGTC is the way it should be. The varied car types (where else can you see NSXs and McLarens racing head to head?), the competitive nature and the destruction-derby style of driving is just a hoot to watch. Those cars must be cheap over there the way they bash them around!

At the very least, we need the JGTC 2003 series live! Start a campaign to the program director at Speed and lets make it happen!

-Ed www.nsxbuilder.com

------------------
www.acrmotorsports.com / 949-929-8973

As much as I love to see JGTC over in the US I had to go to Japan to see it instead! But, I don't think we would see it come over any time soon due to the cost and logistics associated with crossing the ocean. I think WRC has a better chance of making it over in the next 10 years than JGTC.

Grear racing though and I love the NSX in motion! As the race progresses, check out the battle between the Esso Supra and the Mobil 1 NSX in the point standings! It really comes down to round 8...

All I can say is "We need this series in the US."

Likewise, I wish GM and other domestics would sink that type of cash into anything here other than the C5 program. Could you imagine factory backed Dodge & Ford programs w/the vette in addition to the imports. Its to bad that road racing is just not recognized here like overseas

Like the V8 supercars from downunder put on a great show as well. Already emailed NASCAR TV, I mean speedchannel.

Originally posted by nsxbuilder
Speed Channel, that is.

I had my TIVO record all the 2002 races [/URL]

Okay, help a brother out here. I'm trying to program my TIVO to get a season pass to the same races and I don't know where to find them. JGTC and ALMS don't seem to work.

A little help?

Here's the "TIVO Season Pass to get all the JGTC Races" skinny:

You get a season pass for all "Auto Racing" and record everything, throwing away all the Dakar, WRC, NASCAR, etc. that it grabs and just keep the good stuff!

It won't search by content keyword - yet. I was talking to a DTV programmer and he says it's coming. Right. Knowing those fools we'll be terraforming Mars before we get it.

mugen2.jpg

-Ed www.nsxbuilder.com

why is nascar so popular? I remember they were late 30min to showing F1 and they just had to finish nascar and cut out 30min of F1....

I am a huge F1 fan and I love JGTC...I used to get japanese sport channels via my satelite but now since the new regulations come to play i cannot get those japanese channels anymore.. SO i hope JGTC gets big in the USA. I wrote a couple of letters to the SPeed TV people and they said that the demands is not high enough to substitute the very least of nascar. So why not make a Nascar channel? leave it to its own...?

TopEnd said:
why is nascar so popular? I remember they were late 30min to showing F1 and they just had to finish nascar and cut out 30min of F1....

...?
Because we are in AMERICA. We don't like things that the rest of the world loves. Like soccer,archery, F1,WRC...etc.
Dont know why!

There may be a chance of a serious change in 2006: JGTC is talking with other series like the FIA GT (also some great cars) to normalize the regulations (with handicap weights etc.). OTOH FIA GT is working on normalizing the laws with the LeMans-organisators in France and the ALMS in U.S.. That means in 2006 we may see some events with cars from 4 series - would be awesome.

I don't even have Sky at home.. so McClarens race the NSX? That is so cool..are there any photo libraries? What is normally quickest? :D

Thanks
-Rob

Back