• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water found on Mars!!!!

I guess NASA has never been to Mexico then. Still... they could be on to something here- Martian Bottled Water. A taste of mars in every bottle!

Even at a hundred and sixty billion dollars a bottle, come on- their is a sucker born every minute. Which would you choose between at the quicky mart? The boring Earth water... or the exclusive imported martian water with Marvin the Martian on the label? :confused:

that 160billion dollar bottle better be more than 16 ounces!

water only = life as we know it.

i can't wait till they find life on a planet with no water..... just because everything we know needs water for life, doesn't mean that some alien creatures need it.:tongue:

brilliant. simply brilliant.

Ten years ago, they found life on Mars because the meteor they found in the North Pole, Bill Clinton, our president even had a huge news conference about it. Interestingly today, right before I ready you last post, the news channel was talking about how life on Mars is unlikely - because of "certain" toxic contend. Dude, talk about shoot first, trial later...

All of the sudden we get all these Mars mission after they found a rock in the North Pole that Supposedly came from Mars and showing fossil life form?

Yeah, right on! Because, that's exactly what happened!
icon14.gif

tinfoilhatdu1.gif

Last edited:
Until they complete mars terraforming projects and construct proper roads the NSX won't operate as good as it does on earth. I've heard of attempts by Honda in their mars simulation lab to get an electric NSX to function properly, but regardless of what they come up with, the lack of scheduled road projects will make driving on mars horrible. Toyota already has plans to get the upcomming prius-suv working in the mars environment but they are equipping it with tri spoke tires similar to the vehicle in the movie damnation alley damnation alley. While Toyota's new solution will work on Mar's bad road the price tag will be much too steep and it's not being offered with a sport package.

I don't need no stink'in roads Quack!

Last edited:
Re: rock on!

Too toxic? What about chemoautrophs?

haha

Even if there is water, so many different factors have to come into play to create life. Sure you can refer to the Miller-Urey experiment. However, all he made was amino acids and in the end gave up because he couldn't create "life". I'm willing to bet they won't be finding any sort of Martian ever.

Last edited:
Re: rock on!

Too toxic? What about chemoautrophs?

haha

Even if there is water, so many different factors have to come into play to create life. Sure you can refer to the Miller-Urey experiment. However, all he made was amino acids and in the end gave up because he couldn't create "life". I'm willing to bet they won't be finding any sort of Martian ever.

I believe the show "Mission to Mars" had a thing on how to create green house effect so Mars can again have Earth like atmosphere. Some thing like if they set it up correctly, the whole process will only take some thing like 150 years. And yes, they did mention the underground water.

When do you think we'll leave Earth to Mars? With Google's contest to get to the moon next decade, I think getting to Mars sometime next century is possible.

I know we have to colinize the moon first though...that's this century.

Anyone read "The Singularity" by Kurzai? His prediction is that we will morph with machines where "we" will become indistinguishable from machines, and then expand into the Universe, creating an "intelligent Universe"

He says this will happen by the end of the century. And he's serious, he is trying to live forever :)

In any case - technology + entreperunuership can do very cool things. I've said it before, government stay out of the way and we can fix all of our problems.. If we are at the "cusp" of the exponential curve (moore's law), within a few decades, we will see technologies that are 100x capable as they are today.

Back