• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, it's official...

i went and drove an NSX today and there is ZERO question in my mind i'm getting one.
parked next to the NSX, my car (while i still think it georgeous) looked like a bread delivery truck or something to that effect.

The car felt like a fighter plane, and i had just come out of an mr2 turbo with super stiff suspension, sway bars, and even polyurethane bushings. how the car could be so nimble yet deliver such a smooth ride is a mystery to me, but i'm not complaining!
I’ve heard it said that the view is much like that out the cockpit of an F-16 fighter jet. This statement is completely accurate. You have such a commanding view of the road ahead, you immediately feel as though you’re driving a go-kart. And that’s before you try the steering. Wonderfully non-power assisted, the slightest flick of your wrist sends the car jetting in that direction.
With most every magazine lamenting about the lack of low-end grunt in the NSX, I was surprised to find that it was really quite acceptable. I’d almost dare to say torquey when I mashed the throttle down. The engine has a wonderful almost Porsche flat – 6 sound under throttle that is completely intoxicating.
I’m gonna be the bigger man and admit something: I love the attention. I love a car that makes everyone stare. The mr2 will make the "i modify cars" kids stare, and the MB will make housewives have a quick look, but this car makes EVERYONE stare. There isn’t a soul that doesn’t notice you. The car buffs know that it’s a great car and everyone else thinks it’s a $170,000 Ferrari.
what a car!

I have both cars. Trust me, I know!

I also have a 93 Mr2 which I sold recently....Nice car...but the X is just awesome!:D :D

Good Luck on your soon to be NSX....

;)

Here's a pic...
LinkPhoto

I know how you feel. I just test drove the car I'm looking at yesterday, and I'm sold. Hoping to start negotiations this weekend. As soon as the car gets the "OK!" from a good NSX mechanic, I'm ready. I currently drive a Volvo S60R, and it just feels slow, sloppy, and tank like after driving the NSX... same thing with pretty much every other car I've ever driven. Even a Boxster S doesn't measure up in the handling/ride department. I've never driven a Ferrari... but I really couldn't imagine better handling/ride/steering feel. I guess the nearest thing I could compare the car to is a very sharp razor sliding over the surface of a sheet of ice. Smooth, incredibly precise, perfectly responsive. I was very impressed with low-mid range torque too. Under 3k the engine felt nearly as torquey as the quick spooling S60R engine (295ftlbs@1950), and after 3.5k it was easily quicker. Only did one real flat-out acceleration run. Not much traction in first at 28F with wet Yokos, but I was astounded with the power after the shift into 2nd. 40-70 happpened so fast I didn't realise what was going on. It definitely felt considerably faster than a C32AMG at least up to 100. I was also struck by how easy the clutch was to operate. Almost too soft for my tastes. Very user friendly no doubt, but I think I'll replace it with a more aggressive aftermarket one after it's toasted. Of course, I'm sure you all already know all this because you're lucky enough to already have NSXs yourselves. I'm quite eager myself, but I don't want to rush into anything.

yeah
the NSX just speaks to me. i've driven many cars as well... and no, i can't picture a more precise steering than in the NSX...

I also have a 93 MR2, ever since I bought the X it just sits there. :p I think I drive my NSX too much! I bought it in November with a lil over 56k miles and now its about to hit 60k already..

The MR2 can be really fun, but I don't need two sport cars at one time. So, I am going with an auto integra or Civic here shortly.

demigod said:
I also have a 93 MR2, ever since I bought the X it just sits there. :p I think I drive my NSX too much! I bought it in November with a lil over 56k miles and now its about to hit 60k already..

You can never drive an NSX 'too much'....my '91 NSX has over 115,000 miles now, and the '94 NSX is over 71,000 miles....I am hoping to hit 200,000 miles on the '91 NSX within the next 5 years. WOO-HOO!! :D

Meeyatch1 said:
You can never drive an NSX 'too much'....my '91 NSX has over 115,000 miles now, and the '94 NSX is over 71,000 miles....I am hoping to hit 200,000 miles on the '91 NSX within the next 5 years. WOO-HOO!! :D

Thats why I drive it too much, I can't get enough of it! :D

Congrats...

on getting hooked on the NSX! :D I think most critics of the car have never driven one. Now you know why it has such a devoted following. Hope to see you in an NSX soon!: )

Re: Congrats...

PHOEN$X said:
on getting hooked on the NSX! :D I think most critics of the car have never driven one. Now you know why it has such a devoted following. Hope to see you in an NSX soon!: )
Agreed. I told a couple of car friends that I had gone to test drive one, and fell in love, and nearly all of them said "But it's only a 290 horsepower V6! And it's SOO overpriced!" heh.... I don't think anyone would complain about the engine if they actually drove the car, unless they were used to a 996TT, or an E55 AMG... The Car Rags get the 3.2ls to run as fast as a C5, and no one calls Vettes slow.

The NSX will beat the Vette, and if the race gets into the higher speed range, then the NSX really is going to get the Vette.

95Mr2Turbo said:

With most every magazine lamenting about the lack of low-end grunt in the NSX, I was surprised to find that it was really quite acceptable. I’d almost dare to say torquey when I mashed the throttle down.

I just picked a '91 up last nite (Thanks PooHbear!!) and I completely agree with the torque issue. But maybe thats because I just came from an S2000!:eek:

The car has enough torque to let you know that it is there. Want to really see it - Put a passenger in, then do a 8,000 rpm shift. Both you, but especially the passenger will jerk like hell. You watch!

Re: Re: Well, it's official...

Spinner said:
I just picked a '91 up last nite (Thanks PooHbear!!) and I completely agree with the torque issue. But maybe thats because I just came from an S2000!:eek:

Congrats Spinner! You should post your own thread in the new owners section. :D

Last edited:
Back