• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

West Fest Update

I am keeping my eyes peeled for the "old school" Thunder chicken! LOL

LOOOL! Trust me, you can't miss it. You'll see it, think to yourself that something isn't quite right, and then when I get closer you'll see the mismatched paint on the hood. By that point you should also hear the Whitesnake that I've got cranked.

Woohoo! Made it back home, with drivers license intact! Thanks to Aaron for putting this together. It was excellent to finally meet you folks, we've got a great group out here in western Canada! I'll try to get some pictures hosted up soon.

EDIT: Pictures!

Ready to hit the road:
SDC10004.jpg

Knox Mountain Hill Climb Show n' Shine:
SDC10027.jpg

SDC10028.jpg

SDC10029.jpg

SDC10030.jpg

SDC10031.jpg

SDC10032.jpg

SDC10033.jpg

Race prep'd NSX entered in the Hill Climb
SDC10035.jpg

SDC10036.jpg

SDC10039.jpg

Latecomers to the show n' shine:
SDC10051.jpg

SDC10052.jpg

SDC10055.jpg

Thanks again to Harmony Acura for sponsoring our brunch at the Manteo!
SDC10071.jpg

SDC10073.jpg

SDC10074.jpg

SDC10075.jpg

Peachland World Of Wheels show right on the lake. I wish I'd had more time there:
SDC10093.jpg

SDC10094.jpg

Last edited:
I made it home tonight at midnight! What a great event; even the weather cooperated 100%. Special thanks to Stacy, Aaron and Terry for their generosity. I'll be back with pics tomorrow. Wishing the remainder of the group a safe ride home.
Pam

I'd be the PUURRR'n guy that went past you, how'd it sound?

Would like to thank Aaron for working this event out for us.
It was very successful as far as I'm concerned.
Thank you very much sir!
I still owe you a drink, supper and Cash if needed.
Let us know if any outstanding bills require paying.

Thanks as well to Terry and his lovely Wife Laura for the BBQ, hospitality and love. Terry does own an Nsx we found out.

Stacey, thanks for breakfast and the showdown in the Elevator.
Next is in the Octagon!

Brent, thanks for the room downstairs to bunk in.
Oh, ya, and for the fumes for John all the way down.
I didn't even have to buy him a drink at the hotel.....

Pam, thanks for the hugz.

Tim, Brent, John, Dan, thanks for letting me lead the pack.
How do we split up the ticket I got?

Thanks to Acura as well for the photo shoot and the Breakfast.

It was nice to meet all the rest of the people and thanks for putting up with me.

My pics to come soon.
Trev

Attachments

• The Westfest Group.JPG
    The Westfest Group.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 59
This sure was a lot of fun for Cheryl and Frank. Here's one more photo at Peachland. Same date and place in 2009?

Attachments

• 1WestFest.jpg
    1WestFest.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 63
High res panoramic image assembled from photos taken once latecomers showed up. Good to see all the cars together. Great photo op.

Tim

Last edited:
Oh my.........:eek: WTF??

SDC10039.jpg

Hey Aaron, thanks for all the organizing and planning. Great event! :smile:

Stacey, thanks for the Brecky and the look at the shiny 911 in the reserved NSX parking.:wink:

Terry and Laura that was a great BBQ...wish I had room for the cookies!

Thanks Harmony for the breakfast.

Trev, what happened? did you get it on the way through Jasper? Bad Karma weekend for you. :frown: Memorable weekend though, no?

If anyone is wondering...its about a 1000 kms to Calgary if you go South and take the Crowsnest. 9 hours....7 radar traps....major horseshoes...home safe and sound....

9 hours....7 radar traps....major horseshoes...home safe and sound....
Sounds like I would have been better off going the south route as it was quicker than the TransCanada in the end....:eek:

What a great time! Amazing drive through the mountains there and back ... very nice hotel ... great weather for the whole weekend ... lots to see and do in the Kelowna area ... met a lot of nice interesting people!

I spent a lot of time in the NSX and was amazed it was so comfortable driving the distance I did. Other than jet lag, I felt pretty good after 10 hours on the road.

First my thank yous ...

Thanks to Aaron for organizing this event. Well done.:smile:

Thanks to Terry & Laura for hosting the BBQ at their lovely place. Pretty brave to open your home to us ... especially after seeing what we were like.:tongue: Nice car ... like the colour.:wink:

Thanks to Stacey for donating the Door Accent Rings which of course I didn't win.:frown: Sorry about the exploding pen, I was saving it for Trev.:redface: BTW nice Porsche.

Pam, thanks for the ride in your car. Although I didn't get to see/hear/feel much, I like the super charger. Man I hate the mode bug.

Trev, thanks for your friendship and being you. You took Angie and I on some pretty amazing drives in Kelowna. BTW, I'll split the cost of your speeding ticket.:wink:

Thanks to Harmony Acura for breakfast and the photo opportunity.

It was nice meeting everyone else. Hope you had as good a time as I did.

Now a few pics ...

Dan

Attachments

• Wildlife.jpg
    Wildlife.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 28
  • NSX Parking.jpg
    NSX Parking.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 40
  • NSXs Parked.jpg
    NSXs Parked.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Trev Wash.jpg
    Trev Wash.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53
  • BBQ1.jpg
    BBQ1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 53
Good to hear we all made it home in one piece. I have some good news for Trevor he won the Ravelco anti-theft device so some good luck after all for the poor guy....

I didn't see one cop car on the way there or back, what luck eh?(besides the laser trap between Merritt and Kelowna on the way there). I did however see some new flashy Lexus trying to keep up with me on the way back, and still do not know who the guy was that fingered me on the way there in that chevy cobalt (must really wish he had a car like ours-lol). Everyone who attended are great people and i made some friends who i will look forward to seeing at future events no doubt. Thanks to Manteo and their staff (just dont eat there or make long distance calls) and the Harmony Acura gang for their donation and hospitality and Lloyd at ravelco.ca plus Stacy'snsx for their contribution to the draws. Terry your view from the balcony is almost as sweet as the view from the driveway that day of 10 NSX's parked at your house for the bbq. Thanks again all who attended and look forward to seeing you all again!

Best of the summer to all of you!
Aaron

Thanks guys, I was actually hoping the car would get stolen!!! lol
This should be cool.
Thanks so much!
Trev

Back