• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Est Fest 2012 Windermere House (May 25-27), sign up/update thread re-launch

As we approach this highly anticipated event of the season, your executives are busy putting all the final touches together. But your participation is by far the MOST important element of Est Fest. As my 1st original post can no longer be edited, we have decided to start a new thread for better tracking. Here is the most current list of participatants:

3 Owen, Karen & Jonathan
2 Bram & Nancy
2 Mike & Val
1 Henry
4 Robert, Michelle, Rhys & Ryker
2 Ed & Natashja
3 John S, Carol & Deryn
2 Jim & Laurie
3 Daria & Glynis +1
2 Rick & Christina
2 Stephen +1 (PA)
2 Neal & Cindy (MI)
2 Chris W +1
2 Athar & Rafia
2 Brad & Susan +2
2 Kevin & Marlene
2 Bhash & Urbee
1 Danny M
1 Robert C
2 Jordan & Jamie
2 John & Marilyn
1 Darryl (Acura Canada)

For event detail, please check our this thread
Before calling Windermere to book your room, please PM me for current availability, as the resort no longer provide deep discounts rates. We did book a few extra rooms for last min sign up, and they are available on first come first serve basis

Last edited:
Urbee and BASH are in! Aside from the wonderful events and cruises planned for the weekend, the resort has a variety of onsite facilities to help you unwind:

Beach
Sanctuary Spa
Outdoor heated pool
Tennis, badminton, ping pong
Canoes, kayaks and motorized watercraft

Who's in for a match of tennis or ping pong? I'll bring my racquets and A-game...

My basic math tells me that we have over 45 people coming. WOW!

I hear that there is a beach volleyball court down by the water. A little bit of this ....

beacht.png

and a lot of this ...

bum4.png

bum2.jpg

... could make for a fun afternoon. Does anyone have a proper beach ball to bring along?

Last edited:
i have a proper beach vball that i will bring along WITH MY CANON!
so i need that, fishing stuff, tennis/badminton stuff, frisbee, sunglasses, suntan lotion, golf clubs, beer, iphone, hat, wife.....anything else important....

The beach Vball will be great....however, at the Technical session, these are some of the topics we will be covering during the session.

Clutch master cylinder leakage- What needs to be changed ? both Master and salve cylinders should be changed at the same time
- Where to look for signs of Master clutch leakage

Comparison of old and updated timing belt and water pump- The differences between old style and new style water pump..everyone NSX's should have the new style water pump by now. Rob would explain why these were updated

What is the secondary bypass manifold valve? and problems associated with these.- This can lead to catastrophic engine failure, Rob will explain what happens and when these should be checked

Ball joints
- As our car's get older, we need to look at replacing some Ball joints. Acura only sell these with the spindle and it is very expensive. Rob will discuss a solution for replacing Ball joints only.

Q & A period will end the session. However, Rob will be with us for the entire weekend, so you can always get him in a corner and discuss other NSX related topics.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the cruise! We'll be heading through Huntsville and the scenic backroads to Bracebridge. We'll drive along gorgeous Lake Rousseau once we pass Port Carling, can't wait!!!!

Bash,

Can you give us a small sample of the types of road, scenery and the stops along the way.

We have some Nubies attending this year, so this will be a bit of a preview...

Bram

Checking Bash's work out right now...

http://mapq.st/JLzBPx

Looks like a fun drive, plenty of curves + hills + forest + lakes + streams. We'll try to keep the critters and travel trailers/campers to a minimum
or in our rear view mirror :smile:

By now, most attendees have received their event packet and aware of what to expect for this weekend's event. To those who have been sitting on the sideline, it is still not too late to take part. Send us an email and let us know.

Below is an outline of our itineary for the weekend in case anyone not checking their emails but frequent prime:

Friday
3-6pm Registration and Arrival
6-9pm Kick off BBQ
After 9 Drinks and Social by the Bonfire

Saturday
8-930 Monaco GP Qualifing
930-1030 Tech Session (guys), Spa (ladies)
1030-1130 NSX Concept, development discuss with Acura Canada
12pm Scenic cruise stage 1
1pm Lunch in Huntsville
230pm Scenic cruise stage 2
330pm Brewery tour in Bracebridge
430pm Local shopping and discovery
530pm Scenic cruise stage 3 return to Windermere
7pm Group dinner at host hotel
9pm Mixer and social by the Bonfire
10pm Band entertainment

Sunday
8-930 Monaco GP Race
8-11 Breakfast, spa
12pm Cruise to Port Carling
1pm Lunch
2pm Local discovery Port Carling
3pm Farewell from Est Fest 212

Okay, I think we are ready to go. We'll see most of you Friday. To those (PA, MI, London, Ottawa) who are traveling from afar, drive safely and we'll see you soon.

Everyone,

I just got home from work and am faced with some bad news. My youngest is coming down with the flu...fever, vomit, the works. There's no way I'll be going.

I've got the lakeview family suite booked. I'm going to try and beg Arlene to see if I can get a refund (doubt it) or a credit. Windermere sounds amazing and if we can use it this summer that'd be fantastic.

If there's _ANYONE_ who'd like our suite, please PM me or email me : [email protected]

Looks like my Est Fest bad luck continues...

John :(

Saturday morning tech session with nsxtech Robert Margro

8b7e8a3c.jpg

20ad7c09.jpg

Darryl from Acura Canada Planning and development team for the NSX Concept (more details later on separate post)

71a66b19.jpg

d92dfcb5.jpg

09a5cbae.mp4

Pre cruise inspection, setup and social.

0db2d2ad.jpg

2b040d1d.jpg

7b009d58.jpg

f4697b69.jpg

Looks like a great time!
You guys are probably on your way home as I write this, so please post some more pics!

Thanks, thanks and thanks!
I would like to first say thanks to the committee. They have done a fantastic job in organizing the weekend. This est fest I got opptunity to watch and see how it all goes together. There is a lot of preparation that goes into the event. Lots of meetings. Lots of phone calls. Lots of checking the routes. Checking the resort and restaurants. A lot of planning. This is a huge effort. All from volunteers of the committee.
Second thanks to all the people that helped with taking care of my two little boys!
Third thanks to all that attended. It makes the committees work well worth it!

Thanks, thanks and thanks!
I would like to first say thanks to the committee. They have done a fantastic job in organizing the weekend. This est fest I got opptunity to watch and see how it all goes together. There is a lot of preparation that goes into the event. Lots of meetings. Lots of phone calls. Lots of checking the routes. Checking the resort and restaurants. A lot of planning. This is a huge effort. All from volunteers of the committee.
Second thanks to all the people that helped with taking care of my two little boys!
Third thanks to all that attended. It makes the committees work well worth it!

:biggrin:

:smile:

:biggrin:

DITTO what Rob said. NSXCC officers, committee, and support team THANK YOU.

We arrived home tonight at 910 PM, so 6 hrs 25 minutes home. No O P P interaction(s) and no incidents. 926 total Honda worry-free miles at ~ 27 mpg. It was GREAT to see you all.

I'll barf up a couple pics Mon/Tues.

I would just like to say WOW…what a great weekend…..

Est. Fest get’s better every year, however I’m not sure we can top this one, but we will certainly try next year. The planning of this Est. Fest was executed flawlessly, and it showed by the choice of Hotel, Restaurants and Driving routes that were chosen.
Secondly, I would like to thank the sponsors, Acura Canada, Acura of Oakville, Erin Mills Acura, Science of Speed and Molson/Coors. With the support of these sponsors we are able to host these wonderful events for our members and our American Friends that attended Est. Fest this year.
The presentation by Darryl from Acura Canada was very interesting with some details on the New NSX Concept, however the feedback he received from the members was invaluable and will help with the Development of the New NSX.
Lastly, I would like to thank the Planning committee:
- Daria – for keep us within the planned Budget and helping out with the BBQ and others activities during the weekend
- Bash & Urbee – for checking out the Windermere, Restaurants, Driving routes and all the other work that they help with running of Est. Fest
- Owen – for getting all the supplies for Est. Fest, and worrying about every little detail to make sure everything went smooth and our members needs were looked after
- Rob – for Hosting the Technical session, which give our members some insights in the maintenance of their cars, and helping with Planning of Est. Fest

Bram

Thanks to the executive and anybody else that helped co-ordinate the weekend.
I think a good time was had by all!

I didn’t go nuts taking pictures, but I’m sure there will be plenty more to come from others.
But what I did take I posted at: http://www.bradandsue.com/20120527-nsx-estfest-2012/

Click on the smaller images to get larger images. Then just keep clicking on the large images to advance to the next image.
Sorry for the link away from Prime, its just easier for me to post this way.

Brad, Sue, Megan, Grace

At some of your request, I have prepared a list with your prime handle to match your real name, and your ride. This will help some of us reference your Est Fest post on prime. My apologies in advance if I reference your year incorrectly. Do let me know I can update.

Owen Joy2Drive 93 Black
Bram Bram 97 Red
Mike Mr-Dream 96 Red
Henry hschu 95 Purple
Robert factorynsxtech 93 black
Ed eddy_w 91 Red
John S 28racer 91 Blk
Daria Daria 91 Silver
Glynis Black Swan 91 Blk
Rick btrthnsx 96 red
Stephen sduffass 92 red
Neal W alum04org 04 Imola
Cindy W igo4blu 05 Laguna
Chris W aluminumdream 02 Imola
Athar SD_Scorprio 01 Blk
Brad G ody 04 Red
Kevin C ?? 91 Red
Bhashkar TRXTR 91 Graphite
Danny M ?? 00 yellow
Robert C ?? 00 Red Zarnardi
Jordan supraTT 95 red
Jim E plastics 94 blk
John B jb1nsx 95 green
David B XYXXXY 91 Blk

Last edited:
What a fabulous group of owners (24 in total) at Est Fest. We are glad to see everyone had a great time. In total we had over 44 attendees plus kids and babies, with 18 NSXs accounted for. It would have been 17 NSXs if we haven’t caught John B and Marilyn on route to their cottage at our renedvous point, where he swiftly turned his BMW around and brought back his 95 Brookland Green to attend our event, making his ordinary cottage weekend even more special. Way the go John!!

It was great to see some of you even for just half an afternoon. Windermere House on Muskoka Lakes caught many of us by surprise with its tranquil settings, great hotel amenities & service, and comfortable lodging. It was just an all-around the perfect location to host our event. The cherry on top was the cruise routes we selected thanks in part to suggestions from swbatte and his Porsche friends. Even in my CRV, I had great fun driving through various routes. Then again Karen may have more to say about that.

Thanks for everyone participated. From the organizers point of view, the event was a huge success and we look forward finding another great venue for 2013. Still, there are plenty more events ahead for 2012, so don’t look too far ahead yet. To our American friends, please come back and visit again soon. To those who missed Est Fest, you need to join us in 2013.

Last edited:
Back