• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

West Fest Update

My suggestion was to sleep over at Bigglez' place, I provide the steaks, and then we all take off in the am.
Trev
I'm sure we can sort something out. I like the idea of hooking up with other NSX'rs, but there are some logistical problems that I cannot remedy straight away. First one is house is under extreme makeover and as a result I have limited guest space. Second is I have 5 and 6 year old girls and they leave a path of destruction behind them wherever they go. Third is I'm not entirely certain on how the wife would feel about being outnumbered for the girl to guy ratio since the gals presently outnumber the guys 3-1 presently.:biggrin:

That said I'm sure if 2-3 of the Calgary guys get a concensus on who all is coming to Cowtown first, we could plan for a few here and there to mitigate additional cost.

Tim

Tim, its a justa for fun, I was waiting to see how you would respond!
You are a gentleman!
We will stay at someone elses house, just got to find my next victim!!!
Trev

We are still very interested in this event. Mrs. has family in Kelowna so we don't have to stay at the Manteo. We are trying to work out the logistics and find a happy home for all three of our wonderful children (any takers ?:biggrin: ) Two will fit in the trunk but with three it's just not possible. Trevor I would think that with all of your "friends" across the country you would be able to crash at about 15 places along the way!:tongue:

WOW! The Manteo looks like shes gonna need an expansion to handle all our members. We are up to 16 for sures and I encourage those who still need lodging to call the Manteo Resort right away to ensure availability. If anyone has any input for evening activities i'm open for suggestions. In making the schedule I am leaving our evenings open with a list of things to do that can be determined when we meet up on May 16th. I don't want to plan every minute as it would be impossible to account for times/distances between events and the possible traffic we are going to be facing. The Alberta members may want to put forth some ideas on the planning for their drive out. Maybe one member can come forth and take charge of that.

My 2bits for the evening - the Miata clubs have a yearly meet in the Okanagan and Mazda Canada provides a dinner for the clubs as part of their marketing.

Can you please let me know which place we are staying at so I can book a room for my wife and myself.

Thank you.

Allan Jack

Edmonton

Can you please let me know which place we are staying at so I can book a room for my wife and myself.

Thank you.

Allan Jack

Edmonton

The rates are now in the system. Anyone in your group wanting to make reservations can contact our reservations department at 1-800-445-5255 and to ensure that they receive the special rates that have been set up for your group they must identify themselves as a participant of the NSX Car Club of Canada.

Regards

Kris Stokell
Sales Manager
Manteo Resort Waterfront Hotel & Villas
3762 Lakeshore Road
Kelowna, BC V1W 3L4

there you go Allan

Aaron, thanks for all your doing, Can you please Edit your first post to this thread as new things are added or discussed or decided, that way, a new comer to this thread can get all the info in the first post and then work their way down from there, now being fully aware of whats going on.
You can use a different text or just date your edit as such.
Feb 11/2008
Trev keeps bossing me around!
Feb 12/2008
Trev flys to Kamloops and is trying to locate me.
Feb 13/2008
I buy a gun
Thanks
Trev
Oh ya, good Idea on getting Acura involved if they will! We need one gungho person that can handle that, probably living close by would be best. Nice!!!

A really important consideration for Alberta members attending Kelowna is the regular presence of RCMP on the #1 from Golden to Kamloops. This is a fun route and the RCMP know it. It's also very direct so it gets used a lot. If you are determined to use this road, get a radar detector and/or behave yourselves. Travelling in a pack of NSXs might also not be advisable, not only from a group dynamics/testosterone standpoint, but from a visibility one as well.

A better (albeit longer) route is Cranbrook, Creston, Nelson, Nakusp, Vernon, Kelowna. These are some of THE VERY BEST ROADS IN THE PROVINCE. It will take you most of the day but it will be a blast and isn't that what it's all about.

Thanks Trev for advice on keeping the first post up to date, it looks alot better now and i will add to it as required. The itinerary will be done by Feb 15. it's pretty much done now except for a bit of tweaking here and there. Thanks to Don (DC) for getting us the valuable road information. Not only regarding routes to take but which ones deserve our utmost attention. Personally I say drive as a group and let some soccer mom in an SUV going a little faster than the lead NSX be the decoy. :biggrin:

Thanks Trev for advice on keeping the first post up to date, it looks alot better now and i will add to it as required. The itinerary will be done by Feb 15. it's pretty much done now except for a bit of tweaking here and there. Thanks to Don (DC) for getting us the valuable road information. Not only regarding routes to take but which ones deserve our utmost attention. Personally I say drive as a group and let some soccer mom in an SUV going a little faster than the lead NSX be the decoy. :biggrin:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am in for the Kelowna trip this spring as well. Look forward to more updates. Thanks to Pam for letting me know. I don't keep up with the thread very much at all.

wigleyone, right on!
Where are you from and whats your name, maybe put it in your signature so we know whos who and where people are coming from.
Trev

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am in for the Kelowna trip this spring as well. Look forward to more updates. Thanks to Pam for letting me know. I don't keep up with the thread very much at all.

If this is who I think it is.......
WHAT THE........? You mean you finally posted?
Congrats on your first post !

Stacy

PS If you guys don't mind a Porsche tagging along I will more than likely go.I will be staying with family though.

Can put me on the list too, as most likely.
Unless something drastic comes up , I will be in. :biggrin:
I Also will be staying with friends/family as thay get angry when I do not visit.

Maximumyield

Yes that's Wigley :cool: ... he's coming too! But I wonder if he has his email notification turned on

Stacy will you be there awesome!!

I will be there,I am just "NOT" looking forward to seeing the old car there,LOL !
What if I want it back....?
Brent trade for an 05 Carrera S....?

Or maybe I will have supercharge this toilet to keep up.
All joking aside,I am really looking forward to seeing my old friends and putting a face to the ones I have talked to via Pm's and e-mails !
See ya there !

I also just realized that these two canadian fest. are on the same weekend !
How am I suppose to be in two places at once....OH OH !!

Stacy

Last edited:

Stacy

PS If you guys don't mind a Porsche tagging along I will more than likely go.I will be staying with family though.

YES sir boys and girls its Me The WigleyOne, LOL, aka (Keith Wigley). I have been reading and watching all you guys for years and YES, I never posted. I guess I never really felt a need to say anything, LOL. Which, when you get too know me, REALLY isn't me. I will try to upload my INFO for you all. That way Trev. can know who I am finally. haha:biggrin:

I have been a very long time friend and business partner to Pam just for your info. she is the one who always updates me on the goings on in the community.

Thats exciting your going Stacy, Look forward to seeing you again. And if you really must, you can bring a bad example of a sports car like the yellow beast. LOLLoL.

talk to you all soon.

What Nsx clubs do I have to be a member of to go to Nsx West Fest 2008 and to Nsxpo 2008 in Portland?
I should start a new post with this question.
I don't think I want to join every group just to drive my car for a get together.
Will one membership cover everything?
Trev
Editing this now that I have read the following thread that says our Canadian $100.00 bill includes all functions put on by the Nsxca! Look at this link dudes.....
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100329

Last edited:
What Nsx clubs do I have to be a member of to go to Nsx West Fest 2008 and to Nsxpo 2008 in Portland?
I should start a new post with this question.
I don't think I want to join every group just to drive my car for a get together.
Will one membership cover everything?
Trev

I think this is a good place for your question Trev. Others are probably wondering about this too.

You will need to join NSXCA to participate at NSXPO 2008 year in Portland. Dues are $40/yr, $75/2yr, $110/3yr. Go here to join and pay by cheque or PayPal. http://nsxca.com/nsxca/join/

I'm not certain if the Kelowna has been set up as NSXCA but I think this is open to everyone. Of course, the more members we have there, the easier it will be to ask for funding.:wink:

Back