• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the major differences between the TL Type S & NSX engine?

They are both 3.2's, is the cam and programming the only significant difference?

I have a TLS with a 120 shot running 13.8's and am looking to drop the number. I wanted to know what Acura parts from the NSX motor I could buy to add some more punch...

yeah the tl's engine is a sohc (j motor)
While the NSX motor is dohc C motor.

I think (don't quote me) but the Type's motor may have slightly higher compression than the nsx. NSX : 10.2:1 (right?) and I believe the the type's has 10.5:1

The NSX motor 90 degree V6 4 Cam (DOHC per head). There is a HUGE difference between our motors compared to yours. The only motor the comes close but is still very different to the nsx motor is the motor found in the Legend.

EndlessNA1 said:
The NSX motor 90 degree V6 4 Cam (DOHC per head). There is a HUGE difference between our motors compared to yours. The only motor the comes close but is still very different to the nsx motor is the motor found in the Legend.

Old thread but I have a question. Just curious....what are the major differences between the Legend and nsx motors in terms of design? Besides bore/stroke, compression, vtec, number of cams, and nsx rods being titanium.

Back