• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your previous sports cars!!

Hi NSX9, hope you and your montessa/honda are well, I had an early Commodore with a motor built by Frank, it was an amazing engine loved to Rev but as the taco neede went up you could watch the fuel guage go down! It was probably as fast as the NSX but like comparing a sledge hamer with a sonic screw driver.
Sparky since you are learning about new things this is a Gas Gas fitted with a device I invented called the CLAKE e.com/watch?v=2dxznzZENu4&feature=player_detailpage
But I must confess the rider (Mat Newland) might be a slightly (a lot) better rider than me!:wink:

A 1993 MR2 turbo with 200RWKW (in Australia so add 10-15% in you are America) that was used both as a daily and a track car. Died in a racing incident.
Currently have a dedicated track car : 1994 MR2 turbo 220RWKW with a hell of a lot of work done to it.
The NSX was a natural progression as a mid mount.
The NSX is more for style, out and out power i keep to the track (working for the state road organisation has made me a bit more careful!).

Car #4: Back to Honda and 16 year dream realized!

2003 Acura (or Honda) NSX-T S-Type.

Wheel spacers for stock 17s
Lowered now on eibach springs/shocks combo.

That's it...just got the NSX...imported to Toronto Canada from NJ USA

S-Type? Imported from the USA?
S-Types were never brought into the USA by Acura.

People do put emblems on their cars and dream but real NSX Type-S models were not available in the USA market.

I've had a few Nissan (Datsun) "Z" cars:
1978, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1990 (put 350K on that one!).

2000 Civic SI ( I think it counts)
1993 NSX
1995 NSX-t BBSC
2007 Corvette C6
2000 NSX CTSC.

1993 Mazda Rx-7 with LS1 Swap

I was running an 11.9 @119 without using the 150 shot, but I got tired of not having Power steering or A/C, so I sold it to buy an NSX.

This is a picture of it for a Calendar that was taken in my garage a few years back

EpicShootGTRM3LotusRX7GT500123-3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sparky,
The Australian norm for dynos are Dyno Dynamics with no correction factor for loss. American dynos use a different brand and a correlation factor. There have been a few guys in America that have had their cars tested on a Dyno Dynamics dyno and were a bit shocked with a low result. There is a bit of a discussion in one of the forced induction threads.

American dynos use a different brand and a correlation factor

That's really interesting. I suspected something like that because the dyno reports by US NSX owners here on prime are usually noticably higher than what we see here. excellent info, thanks

My last fast car was an 87 Buick Grand National. Mid/Low 11s on 93 Octane and radials.

sold it and bought my NSX :) much different

nccssmlo2.jpg
Under the hood

Last edited:
Back