• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what car does your nsx get mistaken for?

what car does your nsx get mistaken for?

• Total voters
Let me see....

1. Corvette (10+ times)
2. Ferrari (4 times)
3. "What is it? I have absolutely no idea!" (3 times)
4. The "new" 3000GT (1 time)
5. The "new" 300ZX (1 time)
6. The "new" RX-7 (1 time)
7. The "new" Mustang (1 time)

A lot of people recognize it's a car they've never seen before, so they often assume it must be a brand new (just released) version of a familar sport car. I take it as a compliment that they think my 16 year old car is a brand new model! (It sure says a lot about the timeless design of the NSX.)

Him: "What sort of car is that?"
Me: "It's a Honda NSX"
Him: "What's an NSX?... Is that like a Prelude with a body kit?"
Me: "Yeah... Something like that..."

Sinisfun said:
When I was standing by my car talking to some guys a couple days ago I had some young kid on a pedal bike ride by and yell "You're not cool enough for that Ferrari.". Haha so harsh, what do you say to that?

Nothing, just run up to his bike and jam a stick in his front wheel spokes!

Skylark said:
Hah! Yeah... But if you were an MR2 guy, you'd have a similar reaction when someone mistook your car for a Fiero! :biggrin:
Now, thats not very nice.

mostly...that is a beautiful car....what is it....20 something hottie stripper looking girl..." OMFG...that's a sexy ass freaking car!"....Ferrari...Vette...etc.

i posted a thread about my nsx and my grandfathers funeral a few months back.

anyways my wife and i pulled up to the funeral home and got out and was walking in and my cousins came out and asked me whos f car is that and that she didnt know that we had a drug dealer in the family. my wife looked at me and started to smile. i replied i have no idea whos f car that is and that i didnt think we had a drug dealer in the family. my wife and i looked at each other and giggled and went into to show our love for our family and our good bys to who will be the greatest grandfather ever. after the funeral we got in the car and e1 was staring at us and we both had red eyes from all the crying we had been doing. i eased on the gas and took the back roads home with the nsx aka the drug dealers f car bring smiles to my face on the sadest day of the year

ky chris

Now I don't have an NSX, but historically when I have been with my "non car" friends (who am I kidding, I don't even have any "car" friends), everytime I've seen an NSX they ask me "what ferrari is it". I've also had people INSIST to me that it's a lamborghini, and I get an incredulant stare when I say "its actually an acura", and proceed to explain to them, why I would take an NSX over many a ferrari, any day.

Ferrari if anything else...

But alot of people who comment on the car think its brand new. :biggrin:

as I was having my car brought home from maryland, my truck driver stopped at a gas station and was cornered by a middle aged fellow that had his wallet out. He asked my truck driver how much money it would take for him to unload that new corvette in the parking lot of the gas station........for those of you who dont know, my car is a 1991 nsx. Funny? I thought so.

One time I was at a light and the two guys from the Dodge commercial's pulled up next to me. One was hanging out the window yelling, "does that thing have a hemi", while the other one revved his engine. I politely responded, "sure does." Then we proceeded to race and they ended up flying off a cliff. :D :tongue:

*based on a true story ;)

I drop my son at school each morning and he just started high school this year at an all boys military school that I graduated from. Oe of his new friends asked him why the doors on his dads lambo didn't open up instead of out. he explained it wasn't a lambo, but the guy insisted he knew what lambo's looked like.

:biggrin:

i just tell people its an '08 prelude :biggrin:

Back