• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what car does your nsx get mistaken for?

what car does your nsx get mistaken for?

• Total voters
From a guy in a Honda Odyssey at a gas station?

-Is that the new Corvette?

No, its an old Honda.

-Wow, I had no idea Honda made a car like that. They really copied the Corvette, huh?

This is a 93, but the design is from 1990.

-Oh. . . .

From an old couple in an old Ford pickup-

-We have been following you for 10 miles. What is that? Is it new?

It is a 12 year old Honda with 90k miles.

-That is the most beautiful car I have ever seen.

Thanks.

I have heard Corvette, Ferrari, Nissan (The NX confusion), 3000 GT, etc.

I had a guy yesterday ask me: "what kind of Testarossa is that"? That left me speechless :rolleyes:

A older woman, at a gas station, once asked me if my car was an Aston Martin. She said she guessed that because of the red crosses on the HRE wheel emblems...:confused:

Remembering this thread, I saw an owner filling up his NSX at a gas station today.

I walked over, and said, how did you get your Civic to look like that?

He started to furrow his brow, and I quickly said, just kidding, beautiful NSX..

Got a good laugh out of him.

Deltron Zero said:
I got MR2 once. i immediately threw up all over my dashboard. i was dry heaving the rest of the night.

Hey now, I own a 93 MR2 as well. :smile: And quite honestly, if there is another car that the NSX resembles, the 2nd generation MR2 is not too far off from a side glance. A month or so ago, I overheard a couple of guys say to each other they thought my MR2 was an old Ferarri. Very very odd.

Anyways, I have heard Corvette more times than I care to mention, and have had more Corvette owners give me a wave than anyone.

I do recall someone asking me if it was a Delorean once! :confused:

Deltron Zero said:
I got MR2 once. i immediately threw up all over my dashboard. i was dry heaving the rest of the night.

Hah! Yeah... But if you were an MR2 guy, you'd have a similar reaction when someone mistook your car for a Fiero! :biggrin:

The first comment I got, was "Thats one of the best 512tr replica kits I've seen!! Is it on a Fiero chassis?"

blah--- I was speachless and kinda insulted..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Twice last week, I walked out to my car and caught someone hovering over my car.

One thought it was a ferrari. The other was puzzled when she saw the acura emblem. Thats a honda?????

lol

One of my neighbors recently said something about my Corvette. ;)

I've gotten the Corvette wave as well.

I heard a little girl (5-7 years old I'm guessing) yelling, "hey mom, it's a Ferrari!" I looked around to see whether there was a car stalled on the side of the road. Realizing that there was none, I discerned that it was my car that she was referring to.

I've gotten Mazda and Nissan NSX any number of times.

:)

just today, F50 Ferrari.

At the gas station filling up... man says to his son "nice looking interior, for a kit car" That one stung a bit :wink:

The one that really hurt was a couple of guys at Road America (ALSM races) walked buy and said "garage queen!" I wanted to through my spray detailer and interior brush at them.... :biggrin:

CDX_NSX said:
I've had "Ferrari", and "Corvette" is also a common one.

that's what i get all the time.. people mistaken it for a vette cuz of the front.. a ferrari because i guess it just look nice.. :biggrin:

I live out in the boonies. The guy that owns the local Carquest autoparts store brother told him I got a lamborghini.:biggrin:

The best funny I seen was at the local crusie in. Some guy pulls up in his brand new vette and parked it right next to my car. Shortly after he got there some older guy walks up to him and asks if he knows who owns the NSX!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Getting out of my car the other day a wrecker driver is walking by. He says 'That is the first Acura I've ever seen with a Ferrari kit on it!'. I told him it wasn't a kit but rather an NSX. He says then, 'ya no wut I call that....a pain in my arse cuz that is wut I drive' pointing to the flatbed. I just turn around and walk away chuckling.

When I was standing by my car talking to some guys a couple days ago I had some young kid on a pedal bike ride by and yell "You're not cool enough for that Ferrari.". Haha so harsh, what do you say to that?

arnach said:
Volvo VT 880
You must mean your widebody NSX looks like an old ford instead:
pap800_6370.jpg

Mine looked liek this after my body kit. Except the bling on the grill, that goes around my neck:
57.jpg

i heard a little kid say to his sister "thats the car that drives under semi trucks" :D ive also heard ferrari and nissan, but most folks dont know what it is. I say "integra with a bodykit" and walk off grinnin ;)

Here in Germany some jealous blithering idiots believe to know that the NSX has always been the Ferrari for the "little man" or "poor people".
In their second guess those also believe you can get a 91`NSX for some "smallchange", because its just a Honda and 15 years old...

I counterd once: "good to know for politician that in Germany just about 270 people over a period of 15 years were poor enough to afford a NSX..., be proud of your VW and your wisdom."

Well, my whole neighborhood always stops and stares and watches every move I make. I have Acura-badges and 99,99% of them never heard of the brand.

I meet 3 kinds of people;

1) Those who know what it is and get this :biggrin: face and give me a friendly wink and take pictures with their cameraphones - along with youngsters with japanese cars showing great respect
2) Those who go :confused: and try to understand what kind of car it is "A Ferrari?"
3) Magazine readers going "only 280 hp lol that's slow"

I hate that last group.

just the other day people were hovering over my engine hatch.. asking me what kind of engine does it have.. some kid said a v-12 because it has two engine.. one in the front and one in the back.. i was speechless.. they wanted me to pop my hood but i said i can't because it has a safety button for it because if the cops know then i'll be in deep sh-it!! =D

Back