• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you do when people STARE at you?!

Many a time have I encountered people who stare at my car when driving down the road. This is understandable. Some of them cops though :D. But occasionally, I would get people who stare at ME driving my car.

When this happens, I catch myself not wanting to make eye contact and shift my gaze at the road ahead. I don't do this on purpose, it's just reflex. They probably think I'm some rich snob. Sometimes however, when guys give me a thumbs up through their moonroof, I'm inclined to return the gesture.

Children however, I happily smile and wave at them. They're so cute when they climb all over each other to get a better view through their mom's car window. ;)

Last edited:
That's something that I've thought of too. Just driving around in my current car (a newer mustang) I get a lot of people that stare straight at me. It's not the car (as we know its a dime a dozen). It does get a little bit intimidating when you're just minding your own business and some guy is staring at you as if he is going to steal your belongings!:eek: Most of the time it's just human nature--people just stare. I typicaly do what you do, just look somewhere else--I'm not a confrontational type of person so I try not to intimidate or cause problems. These days are so bad that you never know if someone will shoot you just for looking at them.

Joel could it be that you're just getting a lot of attention from the opposite sex?

:D

Regards
ravi

I flick em off and brag...

just playin...

occassionally I get the nice car holla... I say thanks..

then there's the stare from people who are just curious about it...

yeah that one I just pretend like I don't see them. (I'm usually wearing sunglasses so they can't see where my eyes are). I do that only b/c I wouldn't know what the heck else to do. I wonder if that makes me look like a snob? Hm.. far from it... far from wealthy too.. :p

it's funny b/c all guys I talk to are like.. man that car has gotta pick up so many women... but then I think about it.. nawh.. doesn't really just get up and "grab" women. It helps only after you've pulled enough skills to hang out w/ them. To put it into (a lil over done) perspective, how likely would you be to hit on a chic who drives an enzo. First I would think.. nice car.. and why the heck would she be interested in me? I dunna know.. just a thought..

that's my .02
-x-

man that car has gotta pick up so many women...
I'm sure the nsx is capable of picking up more School Boys than women anyday... err.. If Jacko the Wacko needs a ride in "STYLE", he'll never need to build that "neverland"... :p

Most of time, I do smile at people who stare at my X. Most of the time, they will turn their blank face to a smiley face or a thumbs up. On Christmas Eve, I got compliments twice when I stopped and let people crossing the road. (Different time and Locations.) It's funny

STOCKTONSX said:

Joel could it be that you're just getting a lot of attention from the opposite sex?

:D

Regards
ravi

I wish! These are men staring at me! :eek:

Women say my car is "cute." Cute?! A VW bug is cute. Hardly the same thing. Ergo, most women could care less about the NSX.

I just smile and nod, each time I always get a smile and a nod back. It always seems like guys, but that is ok because I am married and don't need the temptation!

I usually smile and nod as well ... just a friendly acknowledgment seems the best thing to do to me.<br>
On the other side... a friend of mine has a 360 Spyder and he insists on picking his nose when he sees anyone staring him down (keep in mind this is a 31 yo Dr. with nice bank and a great fiance). I could never do it, but I do think its one of the funniest things to do, especially when you see some of the reactions people give.

I wanna know what Mr. Wolf does. Maybe gives them a quick peak of his iron? :D

i'm thinking about tinting the windows on my car just because people stare to much. I don't mean that in an obnoxious way. It just makes me feel uneasy when people stare because i'm not sure how to react, as other have stated. Maybe I should try the smile and nod thing. Hopefully people aren't thinking "rich snob", but half the time the stares seem to be pretty emotionless which i (wrongly?) interpret to be negative and the other half of the time they give a thumbs up to which i usually wave back.

I definitely agree that a NSX will probably pick up a lot more guys than girls :D Guys will usually start talking about the car at stop lights and god knows how many times they've asked me to do burn outs (which i never do, no more tickets for me). I could do a burn out in a 100hp civic, what's the big deal?! I definitely don't mind when girls stare but I'm always worried that NSX = Gucci handbags for them in their eyes. :p

The best is when guys feel the need to roll up, stare at the car, then proceed to tell me that so and so car is faster hehe. I usually just laugh.

dawggpie said:
II definitely don't mind when girls stare but I'm always worried that NSX = Gucci handbags for them in their eyes. :p

dawgpie, I believe your calculations are correct! :D :D

I just wave at people when they stare at me. Truth is, people usually don't even realize that they are staring in the first place. On nice days when my windiws are down, I will even say something like "hey, how ya doing" or the like. I have always gotten smiles and laughs from men and girls alike.

For the ricer-teens, I just nod and keep it moving............:cool:

When people stare at me I toss a brick up and down in my hand while asking them if they would like to buy some windshield insurance from me for five dollars.

I've noticed there are three types of reactions to my NSX on the road.
1. People that gawk openly.
2. People that look but don't want to be caught looking.
3 People that couldn't care less.
I think I would fall into #2 if I didn't own one. I only see about 2 other NSXs on the road a year, a pretty rare sight.
If I get a positive gesture from another driver or passenger, I will always give a positive gesture back.
It's the same at a gas station, I will mind my own business, but I will happily answer any questions about my car.
Steve

good thread... very good problem you've mentioned Joel.

KGP - LOL... that's the same thing i wanted to ask: Please Mr.Wolf ... do tell! :D Share your wisdom with us.

Uhhh . . . don't care what other people think. Generally, you can tell whether the owner has gawk, "hello" or negative intentions without even looking directly at the person. Friendly intention? I always smile, a genuine smile is nearly alway disarming.

Negative intentions? Never even saw you.

JMO, Kevin

If someone gives the thumbs up ill return one. I get most of my waves from porsche owners, ferrari owners and of course S2K owners. It all about acknowledging a great looking car but you guys are right, most of the time its guys. The ricers get a nod but i know if i was in their shoes i would be looking too. Heck if i see a fellow NSX on the road even when i am driving i'll keep a keen eye on it as if i did not have one even though i would be in mine.

Joel said:
What do you do when people STARE at you?!
moon.gif

lol

My friend and i were discussing the staring thing and come to the conclusion that if they stare at us, why not just stare back at them. Its only fare.

try it sometimes its a trip, you'll notice that when done so they will look away or at a different part of your car and not you.

Back