• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

what do you guys think of my ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Hey..whats the deal here?

Is this your car? Or a car you want to bid on?

In this thread it seems that you are out to buy the car.

As kotadawg says it is a manual and then it says it is a automatic in the text.

Regards

its actually a friends, but i posted the ad for him as i know the car really well.

yes i want to buy it, but just dont think its in the cards

besides the bolster, which there is virtually no wear.
what else should i add?

Hi

Okey fair answer..

You could correct the typo of VTEC. You do not say that this car has 270hp, but you should write in the ad that it has 256hp.

I would like to know when this was done:

All hoses?
Waterpump/chainthingy?
Regular oil changes?

Well I can not think of more at the moment. But look in the FAQ. There is a pdf with all questions you should ask before you buy a car. Go through that and try to answer them and put the info you feel importent in the ad.

Regards

The official seller's feedback rating is terrible IMO for selling a car. I would relist it with someone who has good feedback and a reputation at stake or look for another outlet to sell the car.

I wouldn't bid on that car with that seller and imagine it is going to hurt your bids.

JMO.

This part puzzled me.

This car is fully loaded with all options except sunroof.

Sunroof? :confused:

You go on to state the car has an automatic transmission but in the description section above it is listed as a manual.

The whole descriptive text is oddly familiar. I have read those paragraphs somwhere else very recently. Where?

thanks for the opinions will try and chance the spelling mistakes

no same car, thats just the sunlight

thanks
I didnt think the seller feedback was that bad, 27 positives over a 7 year span

SaberX said:
the engine pics look like they are from a different car... look at the body color.

nsxlover555 said:
I didnt think the seller feedback was that bad, 27 positives over a 7 year span

Negatives:

* Only 84% possitives
* negatives from 5 different members
* for 4 members it was the only negative they ever left
* no other big ticket items (like a car)

I think your best chance is to find a local buyer or someone on Prime who will vouch for the condition of the car.

JMO.

It looks to me like the engine pictures are from a different car - I see yellow behind where the glass would be, but the pictures of the back of the car are red.

Steve

On your other thread at http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55018 you posted:

nsxlover555 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4565983812

looks clean and its close by
what do you think of making an offer outside of auction,I wonder what the seller is looking for out of it?

any opinions appreciated

On this thread when that was brought up to you, you stated:

nsxlover555 said:
its actually a friends, but i posted the ad for him as i know the car really well.

yes i want to buy it, but just dont think its in the cards

besides the bolster, which there is virtually no wear.
what else should i add?

Something FISHY is going on......if the person is your "friend" selling the car then why in your other thread would you ask us:

"what do you think of making an offer outside of auction,I wonder what the seller is looking for out of it?"

I get the impression that this is YOUR CAR FOR SALE and in the first thread you pretended to be interested in it to hopefully get people to look at the ad on ebay and then buy it.

Then when that didn't work, you posted a new thread in another forum asking how your ad looked......still hoping that it would make people go look at it and then buy it.........then when you got busted you decided to claim it was "your friends car". Pretty dishonest way to sell a car if this is what is going on.

I could be wrong........... but the way things are adding up it sure doesn't look that way............

Hi

Let's stick to this thread regarding his ad.

Something is surely fishy here..

Well this thread should be shut down or deleted.

Regards

This thread is all over the place, I agree, something fishy, should be shut down pending investigation :confused: :confused:

How do we boot these trolls out of here???

Thanks martin for keeping tabs on this guy.

ugh, whether its my car or my friends car
really has no relevance

i wrote the ad, it is my friends car and his ebay account.

i was thinking of buying the car and still am somewhat interested in it depending on how the auction goes.

ebay doesnt allow you to chance the description only add after their are bids.

as far as my friends ebay account, you are always going to have negative feedback, 2 of them were from people who he left negative feedback for so that happens.

bottom line all i needed to know was what you thought of the ad i wrote.

and i got some good feedback on that before the other comments came in

thanks this forum is great

nsxlover555 said:
ugh, whether its my car or my friends car really has no relevance

Maybe not for you, but these sort of things get picked up here pretty quick, and sooner or later you end up with this award:
dolly-troll.jpg

huh?

nsxlover555 said:
but i wouldnt consider it terrible
Are you on crack? 5 members left negative and 22 members left positive. How is that not terrible?

nsxlover555 said:
you are always going to have negative feedback
No. 99% of the time one only gets negative feedback when one fails to do what’s expected. In this case, it looks like there is a problem bidding on items, then not paying and listing items, then cancelling.

nsxlover555 said:
2 of them were from people who he left negative feedback for so that happens.
Which two? I only see one that appears to be retaliatory.

nsxlover555 said:
wondering what you guys think of my ad for my nsx?
Your very first post in this thread says it's your nsx.

Thing is, if you really wanted constructive replies, you should have been truthful from the start. With your contradictive stories, the whole deal looks fishy and stupid. Are you wasting everyone's time? I mean, why all the conflicting stories in multiple posts? At one point, you say you might want to bid, but don't know what the seller wants for it, then all of a sudden it's your friends car, yet your first post here says it's your car. Even if it was your friends car, couldn't you ask him what the reserve is? Wait, YOU made the auction, YOU KNOW the reserve and what the car would sell for, you're the one who actually set it when you made the auction. You also mentioned you'd e-mail the seller to see if it's really an auto or manual. Again, you already knew.

You went about this whole thing in a really stupid way. If you wanted hits, you should have just posted it in the FS forum. Not spammed all the forums and been so shady about it. I think all you did was piss people off and ensure nobody here bids. I sure as hell wouldn't. Your conflicting stories IMO make you a shady seller to start. Who'd buy a car from someone telling different stories from the beginning? :confused:

SaberX said:
the engine pics look like they are from a different car... look at the body color.

a formula red NSX can frequently look orange/yellow in photographs that were taken in direct sunlight. I assume it's because of different tints used in the clearcoat?

You should have just been honest up front! I can't believe that you posted here yesterday asking if for people's opinions on this car implying that you were an interested buyer and today you post asking what we think of your ad. :rolleyes: Not a good way to start off as a newbie to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back