• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think of this?

Thanks KY, that's exactly what I was envisioning. Can I fit a third row in there? I just received my machine grade ABS. What's your thoughts on any changes? I can make the ovals the same size and keep spacing on those two rows between the gauges the same, or space them like you have. I can also leave the bezels black, or even have just the glass show.

With the current height you've given there isn't any way to fit the third row in without going a different direction; you wouldn't be able to keep the layered OEM look. I'm not really sure what to say about changes at this point, there aren't really any obvious things jumping out at the moment just slightly different paths with unique trade offs. Keeping the ovals the same size and the spacing the same for example will make everything within look better but will draw attention to the fact that the outer spacing is inconsistent. I'll do a mockup of that so you can see the difference of that and black bezels. I also kept the gap between the ovals the same as OEM but if there's going to be extra vertical space it's worth experimenting with spacing to see if that fills the panel better.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a public forum so I can comment right? ;)

The uneven gap between the gauges on the top row vs the gauges on the bottom really bother me. I don't know why! lol

Of course, I'm not going to be offended in any way. Agreed, its because you're seeing an inconsistency between what you know should be two identical rows but making that horizontal spacing identical will make the oval width inconsistent which will also look weird - which is worse I don't know yet. The ideal solution would be to not have the console taper (impossible) or change the diameter of the gauges on the bottom row ever so slightly to keep spacing even (it'd be a lot harder to notice that being off I suspect).

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, that doesn't look horrible... not good, not horrible, but rather bad.

I think 6 just looks much better than the 9 that was in the original picture.

Yep ...lesser evils :tongue:
I definitely agree 2 rows instead of 3 helps a lot. It's not OEM per se but its less overbearing. Unfortunately it means cutting down on desired functionality in Turbos case though.

Last edited:
It's not cutting down the functionality a ton... The gauges whose warnings I need to see are the 6 stacks. The last two are AEM AFR gauges, and they datalog and are not something that must be visible. I can install them in the glovebox for example.

What about mounting the gauges from underneath and not showing any of the bezel, just the glass, that might keep the whole spacing issue from becoming so visible.

GSST2BLUETOOTH_logo.png

GSST2WIFI_logo.png

GSSTBLUETOOTH_logo.png

MULTDM100TOUCH_logo2.png

images.php

images.php

Bat how about reading the rest of the thread? LOL...

They don't do fuel pressure and I don't like multi-gauges. OBDII stuff is an accessory not a substitute for realtime info. And I am not changing my gauges. But thank you anyway, I know you are trying to be helpful. I already looked into them in detail.

Bat how about reading the rest of the thread? LOL...

They don't do fuel pressure and I don't like multi-gauges. OBDII stuff is an accessory not a substitute for realtime info. And I am not changing my gauges. But thank you anyway, I know you are trying to be helpful. I already looked into them in detail.

SEMOSMFP_logo.png

It specifically says "Do not use this for fuel". Apparently the only fluid pressure it likes to measure is the one in your bladder.

Last edited:
I know you already have some gauges and this really should be asked in a separate thread:

Have you considered a custom heads up display [ HUD ] ?

I know you already have some gauges and this really should be asked in a separate thread:

Have you considered a custom heads up display [ HUD ] ?

Yes, only one I know was defi. no longer made. I don't need heads up other than tach. For that I have a group buy on an excellent shift light. Progressive. The rest of the gauges I need peak hold, warning, and datalogging. And I have all three with these.

If you don't butcher up the OEM console, I'll buy it! I am looking for a stock console face.

Haven't had time to do the one where the gauges are recessed behind the trim panel to hide the bezel but here are the others:

DaveConsole Uneven Ellipse.jpg
here's the evenly spaced gauges with uneven spacing for the ovals (the top HVAC and bottom ovals keep their factory width from the edge but the center one does not)

DaveConsole black trim.jpg
here it is with black bezels

Last edited:
Back