• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think of this '91? JH4NA1155MT000291

Congrats! Hope to see you around north Dallas! Glad to know it'll get the love it deserves.
+3 on purchase price. :)

+4 on purchase price. what does it matter what you paid for it your happy. so what was the price darn it LOL

Just to be clear the VIN is JH4NA1150MT000649 , sorry about the thread title, I know it changed at some point when someone posted an inquiry about this vehicle.

The purchase price was $24,700 , although originally found on ebay and cars.com, the funds were wired directly. As far as I'm aware it needs a timing belt since there's no service records immediately available. I'm going to hit up all the major maintenance at the same time, it's already budgeted. Someone had done a PPI about a month prior, they can post details if they wish. Not sure how detailed the database is kept.

From carfax it lived in PA, but had maintenance done several occasions over the years in Florida. So I'm 'guessing' the original owner had a winter home in Florida and that's where it was stored, or had it garaged in PA for the summers and driven down to FL in the winters. But that's just a theory.

The vehicle will be coming to Tucson, Arizona unless some sort of revolution begins, then I'll move to the country of Texas. lol.

Just to be clear the VIN is JH4NA1150MT000649 , sorry about the thread title, I know it changed at some point when someone posted an inquiry about this vehicle.

The purchase price was $24,700 , although originally found on ebay and cars.com, the funds were wired directly. As far as I'm aware it needs a timing belt since there's no service records immediately available. I'm going to hit up all the major maintenance at the same time, it's already budgeted. Someone had done a PPI about a month prior, they can post details if they wish. Not sure how detailed the database is kept.

From carfax it lived in PA, but had maintenance done several occasions over the years in Florida. So I'm 'guessing' the original owner had a winter home in Florida and that's where it was stored, or had it garaged in PA for the summers and driven down to FL in the winters. But that's just a theory.

The vehicle will be coming to Tucson, Arizona unless some sort of revolution begins, then I'll move to the country of Texas. lol.

Glad to hear & Thanks for the info.

Yes, the car was in Pennsylvania & Florida...but it had a pre-owned dealer window sticker in the glove box from 1,500 miles ago showing that the car was in inventory & offered for sale by a JM Lexus in Margate, Florida...offered for $41K & some change.

PA owner traded it in to Lexus dealer, Lexus dealer couldn't move it, it ended up at auction, then you found it...?

FYI: I have a friend that can access the auto auction results and learn what the seller actually paid for the car being offered for sale.

I asked him to "do some digging" on this car, and...

This NSX was bought locally (Dallas) on 9/28/2010 with 55,028 miles for $24,500 from the auto auction.

Seller then originally listed it on their website & eBay for $29K (& some change) hoping to flip it for some quick money ($5 GRAND!).

Nobody bit at it for a few months, they were getting desperate, the car was probably starting to cost them money (interest accumulation on their bank floor plan of financing), so they ditched the car to our friend in AZ here on Prime for $24,700.

They made $200 off this deal...until you take out auction fees (from buying it AND to trying to sell it on eBay) and accrued interest on their floor plan.

They probably felt lucky to get out & just cut their losses.

You did good on this one!

Newsflash: On Saturday, you go that revolution you were dreading.

Now you have to move to the United States Of TEXAS!

Back