• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What has owning a nsx done for you ?

I dont know about anyone else but owning a Nsx for the past 8 years i have found it has opened up many new doors for me. From starting conversations with people to meeting other car enthusiest. Meeting these people in turn was like networking and got me invited to so many events that i would only be reading about from the outside if not for my ownership of this car. Has anyone else here experienced anything similar ?

At my home track Road America, they require a special parking permit that you can't even buy (must be from a team or know someone etc) to park inside the padock during a race weekend ex- CART ALMS etc. I have experienced and witnessed many times that the guards will "assume" the NSX owner has the permit, and don't stop the car from entering even though no permit is displayed. They jump all over any other ordinary car and ask to specifically see the permit. ;)

I seem to get special treatment from the local law enforcement... does that count?

:D

What has owning a nsx done for me?

Made me spend a buttload of money on this go fast crack pipe:D

White94 said:
I seem to get special treatment from the local law enforcement... does that count?

:D

I think most (not 100%) cops realize that a car such as a Ferrari, NSX, etc are NOT owned by teens, so generally let a little more slide. I used to get picked up in my Integra (cop thinking I was a teen), and then they would see my age, and let me off. I got sick of that, so I sold it for an NSX! :D

It made me a hardcore NSX enthusiast, (not sure if that is good or bad.) Going to be on my nmuber three NSX here shortly.

Owning an NSX has brought me together with everyone here on Prime.
"I would rather be acquainted with the people here on prime, than with the finest people in the world"
Modified Steve Martin quote. :D

Well, I seem to have more random chicks asking to ride in my car. :D Actually, I walked out of the walgreen's a couple of weeks ago and these two little hotties (18-of legal age) asked for a ride. I ended up cruising town with two little hotties crammed into my single passenger seat. Never had that happen before in any of my other cars before. You certainly get a more welcome female reaction in an NSX than if you were driving a primer colored van (i.e. child molester van).

Having a NSX made me a few new friends at the gym. Not much else really. But being part of NSXprime let me meet a lot of great people and make some good friends. My only regret is that I don't live in a place where there are other NSX'ers to get together with.

My car insurance agent is certainly benefitting from my NSX love affair.

I'll state the obvious - it has raised the bar on what I expect from other cars. Whenever I get in another vehicle, I can't help but notice the lack of quality feel, ergonomics, and fun-to-drive factor compared to the NSX. I guess I can thank Honda for ruining my ability to enjoy other cars. :p

Also, ever since joining NSX Prime I feel like a member of a support group, only you guys aren't helping with my addiction! :D

Do you want help becoming more/less addicted?:D

Owning the X has shown me that there are things in life (track events) that are not only extremely fun but legal as well.

Randomly...

- NSXprime friends
- real NSX friends
- other sportcars friends
- made me drive so many other nice cars (delaers impressed ;) or car exchange with owners)
- several tickets
- 500$/month less money (insurance, gas, mods, ...)
- big grin when I drive it
- getting used to the attention you get

It suddenly made me the guy that everyone comes to when they need to borrow a sports car for some formal affair. :)

re

It got me a reckless violation (84/50mph). It was 1am and the road was clear... :( Didn't even realize how fast I was going.. Just trying to get home..

Meeyatch1 said:
It suddenly made me the guy that everyone comes to when they need to borrow a sports car for some formal affair. :)

A lot of good points already made, friends, girls, more attention from police (in a bad way for me), raising the bar for every other car I get into....

But like Meeyatch posted, my best story is having my buddy ask me to borrow my car for an important date/anniversary with his g/f. Anyways, my immediate answer was no, then he offers me $150 bucks, and my answer is no. Then I give him an alternative: He pays me $150 bucks, and lets me follow him to and from the restaurant in his car and everywhere else they go. He agrees and I laugh my ass off the whole trip watching him go exactly the speed limit the whole trip in my car while I just made some money. :D I love this car!

My first NSX got me a lovely 3-month suspension of my driving license.

My current NSX has not been as generous....yet.

Owning an NSX has made my penis longer.
My wife loves it :D

Seriously, it has fulfilled a dream of mine and made me very happy. I still can't believe it (even after nearly a year of ownership) that I am getting into an NSX everyday.

Pimp juice, baby!

RR

NetViper said:
Having a NSX made me a few new friends at the gym. Not much else really. But being part of NSXprime let me meet a lot of great people and make some good friends. My only regret is that I don't live in a place where there are other NSX'ers to get together with.

I live in New Orleans. Let me know if you want to meet up.
Raj

Back