• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What has owning a nsx done for you ?

Instant credibility in all things automotive!:)

Given me the opportunity to drive on some of the great road courses in the US with a great bunch of like minded men and woman!

It has made me work a little bit harder at my job so I can keep dumping money into it.
I too have made a few friends due to ownership and posting on this site.

steveny said:
I got that out of the way with my very first car...Three tickets in Two weeks.

For me, it was two tickets in 15 minutes that did it. Inconceivable!!

steveny said:
Same cop? Two of the tickets I received were in the same day, 4 hours apart, by the same cop!

No, not the same cop, but I was caught by two separate speed cameras situated only about 2 miles apart on the same stretch of highway. They stopped me at the roadblock after I went past the first camera, deducted 5 points for that one. Feeling a bit irate, I floored it and got caught by the second speed camera down the road, a further 8 points deducted. I had already been deducted 3 points a few weeks before, and here in Hong Kong, once you've had more than 15 points deducted, your license gets suspended for 3 months.

Two radar traps within just minutes of each other....diabolical.

Got pulled over all the time with the NSX. I guess they are not use to seeing Mexican 26 year old guys with long hair on a NSX. no special treatment for me just harassment by the cops .

^ Nice bump!

It made me a lot of friends, it got me into photography which later got me into flying. I usually sa that the NSX ownership is the best thing that ever happened to me.

...Smile my ass off every time I open the garage!

I never meant to buy this NSX, I missed out on a Porsche Cayman S and this car showed up. Way better people on the NSX side of the car scene!
Owning an NSX has allowed me to meet and belong to the best car community ever.
And photo radar tickets.

Last edited:
Girls, girls, girls, girls and more girls.....have to carry a stick to chase all of them away. They love this car.

yea ...west end girls................

It has fulfilled a lifelong dream, and it continues to give me the same feelings I had when I purchased it almost ten years ago!

Fulfilled a life long dream.
It also set the standard for my boys to work hard towards your goals.
Makes me only want to own analog driving cars(with the only exception being the NC1- something about having both gens on a lift together).

Drained my wallet slowly.:biggrin:

spoiled my desire of always wanting to try a new car..... this car is so darn nice... I would never sell it to buy something else... It's that nice and attracts that sort of attention... without the "douch factor" of a couple other cars I could name

vindicated my decision to sell my last Porsche....

I've met many nice folks, at many new places at NSX cub events. I've driven the car to many National Parks and to many natural wonders all over the South West. I learned to be a better driver at Track Day events at several tracks in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada, and Colorado. All and all it's been a GREAT RIDE.

Made me read what should be fixed, or considered
Made me spend lots of time and $ on working on the car.
Made me wonder if people always hang out their car window taking pictures of cars.
Made me wonder if this isn't one of the timeless cars on the road.
Made me glad that I have one of these.

Back