• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What if the new NSX 2.0 had the same body as FGT?

Would buy the new NSX 2.0 if.......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are a lot of likes and dislikes of new NSX 2.0.
I have sensed that not many primers crying about HP output on this NSX 2.0, but majority complains the price and the look. What if the NSX 2.0 had the same body as FGT, but the same engine as it has right now, would any of you change your mind?

Last edited:
I like the NSX's exterior and interior better than the FGT. That's my vote. I imagine the majority will concur on the exterior, but let's see.

I'm not impressed with the new FGT. I like the previous version a bit better. New one just looks weird.

For the record, I think the Ford GT looks very exotic and commands attention, however, the GT40 and GT have never been "beautiful" cars. The best thing it's known for is having a super low height with a long and lean body, hence the original name GT40 for 40 inches tall. That's the trademark of the FGT. This is why so many people are like "Wow" at first glance. However, the new NSX is more driver oriented and considerate.

I would be more interested if they could pull off a more practical/useable/ergonomic car considering such a low height car is not very practical if you consider all things about the new FGT design. The original NSX pulled this off amazingly. It doesn't look like that's Ford's direction though as they want to go extremely lightweight and exotic with emphasis on "extreme" as much as possible. They want to be the best at "one thing" apparently instead trying to find a perfect balance of all things.

The fgt looks more "exotic" than the nsx for sure. It grabs attention but the fgt exterior seems overwrought to me.

I actually don't like the 2016 FGT which looks too gimmicky and juvenile. It looks to be something that I would draw while daydreaming in a conference. I have not even mentioned the immense size of the car. I would take the NSX as is.
Steve

I don't know what they were thinking but the rear of the fgt looks like the pigs from angry birds.

Since designers can now choose between more options for tail lights than "round" or "rectangle" - they should. Part of reason rear of HSC concept looked horrible from behind are the round lights. 458 may be last car to ever pull it off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Design and style is a very personal thing. Over the years I have come to the realization that almost everyone on the planet sees objects just a little bit differently. That's probably a good thing when all is said and done. It amazes me when I hear statements about how similiar such and such a car is to another...and I wonder if that person is looking at the same two cars that I am. As an industrial designer (Carnegie Mellon University) I probably look at objects much more closely, in a more detailed way than most. Probably to an extreme...I think to myself, hey if you stand back 40 feet and squint, the new NSX looks EXACTLY like an R8.

Overall, I like the new NSX styling. I have plans to purchase one this fall (if the dealers are not going overboard on the mark up). Mine will be either silver or grey, which will help enhance the front end. I am already making plans on selectively wrapping certain elements of the front (to match the body color) to help blend some of the shapes I dislike.

IMHO

For those who really dislike this new design - or think it looks just like an R8 - vote with your wallet. If you are right and there is reduced demand for the new NSX, it could help those of us interested in purchasing.......and just maybe they will be discounting the new NSX!!!!!!!! I am not banking on that.

The flat panel around the exhaust on the GT is about the only error in the design - its damned nice all around. Sad but true: New NSX will be worth less than its purchase price in 5 years, new GT worth 2 times +. Which to buy? If the GT is around $150k, you'd have a pretty tough time making the case for NSX. I see the same sales curve as the first NSX in this one's future...unless they develop the hell out of it and make a new model every year with desirable upgrades between.

I dont get the fuzz about the Ford GT. It looks like it was designed by a small never heard of company, trying to get a foot into the supercar market. When i first saw it Gumpert Apollo came to mind. I think it looks cheap, and its a Ford.

Last edited:
Back