• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What inspired you to pick your user name/avatar?

For the longest time I thought AdvansCRAP meant the wheel company Advans was crap, kinda strange since he's a vendor. Then I recently noticed it actually AdvansCPAP, which is medical device or something that he is involved with.

At the time the Internet was basically new and I liked dodge vipers. Hence NetViper. Since then I have seen several products with that name, but I like to think I started it. ;)

I've been using JLCoolman since the days of AIM and Yahoo Messenger. Even have it as my email address on the various major email providers.
Gamer name as well for PSN and Xbox Live.

When I was young, I watched a movie about a Hong Kong swat team, one of guy's handle/call-sign was Coolman. I really liked his character so I just tacked on my initials (Jason Lo). Which brings about another nickname that has sort of stuck but I don't use on the internet, j.Lo

JLCoolman isn't really original but I've been using it for well over 15+ years.
And, I've been called j.Lo well before Jennifer Lopez started using it. (so a lot of the times, it's also "the real j.Lo" for me)

Mine is related to a videogames called Metal Gear Solid (MGS) and Tokyo Xtreme Racer series (TXR).

In MGS there is a part of the game where you have a boss battle with a character who had superhuman strength carrying a mobil M61 Vulcan cannon, hence he was called "Vulcan Raven". He was a Inuit with shamanic power of intuition who was a member of group called foxhound. I really liked his character. I liked his creepy dark/mystic/spiritual/wise persona. I just thought he was a very interesting character and always liked him, so I wanted a username to include something with reference to him and his Ravens.

In TXR2 there is a racer who requires you to drive at midnight for him to appear and he was called the "Grim Reaper" and he drove a S15 Silvia. In TXR1 he had a Black S15 and he was actually the first boss car you have to race against. He was always tough because at the time you don't really have a fast car and he's pretty damn quick, so he was a memborable character for me. So with the symbolism of Death and Raven linking the two subjects and the requirement of "Grim Reaper" only appearing at midnight I came up with the name "Midnight Raven"

Nice! I always figured it had something to do with Metal Gear Solid. (one of my favorite game series of all time)

Self explanatory like you said but was my license plate for years on my NSX. (Not anymore though!)

Nsxot1c-Nsx Exotic

I used all my substantial brain power,months of research,a month sabbatical in Tibet, to arrive at my unique and innovative screen name:tongue:

You could have spent a lot less time like me and just go with the first letter of your last name. Add to that that my friends all call me Doc. Pretty simple.

This is my first car forum name and the same one I use on all car forums. I had an Infiniti G20 at the time and would yank at the e-brake in turns, esp. in the rain. I was a pretty dumb kid.

Since I was a kid I always had my hands dirty. Disassembling this and that :) But among my friends I've been known for making things run smooth and my close friend once said: you're like solidol hehe

foto_15508AA.jpg

Mines pretty complicated "David Fontenot". Of course, the truth be known, when I decided to buy an NSX, I was so excited about joining and asking questions I did'nt even take the time to pick out a cool username. :redface:

I've been a competitive cyclist for 30+ years. At the end of a long road race, the final kilometer is signified by a red flag or kite and a sign which says: "1K2GO" which means its go time!

It's been my email handle, username and business name for decades.

In a sea of imaginary and original screen names, I decided to buck the trend and be truly revolutionary.

Oh, and thanks mom!

Edit - I chose Red Green as an avatar, well, because he's probably one of the greatest engineers in history (Canadian as he may be).

Edit - I chose Red Green as an avatar, well, because he's probably one of the greatest engineers in history (Canadian as he may be).

Hey! Canadians are great people and he's the quintessential Canadian:
Duct tape
Flannel
Beer
Unkempt beard.

And he lives less than a 10 minute drive from my house. Red Green (Steve Smith) is a great guy.

Been called Duke Nukem ever since the game came out. My last name is Newcomb, but people just started calling me Duke (or Duke Nukem). I have had Nukem on my plates in every state I lived in except Nebraska. Nebraska said it was too offensive.

Kyras was a protective, rip-roaring, German Shepherd I had. My kids were two and four-years old when we got him, and he would silently watch them, and always keep an eye on the whole family. I lived in Acton, a rural town in Los Angeles county, and I never worried about being in the boonies with two kids, with him around. He lunged at a guy's balls who knocked on the wrong door of the house, once, just to scare him. Another time, two salesmen showed up on the front porch and Kyras absolutely refused to stop barking at them as if he knew they were up to no good. He loved to chase tennis balls and had such a long mouth that he would sometimes carry three at once. It was really fun to get him riled up and then run through the house yelling, "Don't eat me!" He'd run up and down the hall, jump on the bed, and bark his head off. It was just a game we loved to play. He was super sweet unless he felt his family was threatened. He never bit anyone.

The first forum I had to come up with a screen name for was S2ki.com, in March 2003. Kyras had died in December 1999 and I was still heartbroken and missing him, so I used his name. I use it for the 3 car forums I post on.

^Kyras on the boat on Lake Havasu.

^This was taken in April 1997, of Kyras and my Siamese cat, Zoro. Zoro lived 16 1/2 years and just died July 16th. They were buddies from the start.

Last edited:
Back