• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is your favorite quote?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy! <!--StartFragment -->
laugh.gif

Two wrongs don't make a right ...... but three lefts do!

Hume...

D'Ecosse said:
Two wrongs don't make a right ...... but three lefts do!

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two left-hooks do! :biggrin:

Otherwise...

"The rules of morality are not the conclusion of our reason."

"The attempt and not the deed confounds us."

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

"Efficiency is intelligent laziness"

"You suffer most from the suffering you expect but never comes"

Last edited:
If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us least live so as to deserve it.
-Immanuel Hermann Fichte

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp.
-John Berry

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.
-Patricia Neal

there is no I in team, but there is an M and an E.

Serious:
"Happiness is not about getting what you want, but wanting what you get."

Not-so-serious:

"Food goes in here"

"Beer, the cause and answer to all of life's problems"

"To be loved, you have to be nice to others EVERYDAY!. To be hated, you don't have to do squat."

"You put the beer in the coconut and throw the can away."

"The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother! I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!"

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I'm not listening."

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Hemmingway

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Twain

So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived, or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S. Thompson

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say an uncommon-place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles... - Jack Karouac

The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

There are a lot more- I find them at www.quotegeek.com . I try to find a new one every day.
I really love how you can find similar messages throughout history, and from all walks of life, but the best is when someone hits you with a statement that is truly profound in it's application to the given situation. That kind of moment can't really be searched on the internet.

Fettucini alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults
mitch hedberg

more here

rip mitch, man you were funny!!! :cool:

...sell HOPE not DOPE....:biggrin:

Carguy! said:
Carguy's uncle: "I don't care whether you dig ditches or build bridges, just do it for yourself and not for someone else."
Very wise advice and a worthy quote.

Fortune Favors the Bold
- Virgil

"Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.”

William Faulkner

My personal favorite:

Power is nothing without control

My own that I've seen being quoted some times:

When humans have power, they seek to use it

Others:

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Life is not how many breathes you take, but how many moments that take your breathe away

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is the king

If the whole human race lay in one grave, the epitaph on its headstone might well be: `It seemed a good idea at the time.'

Be the change you want to see in the world (I think this one is Gandhi)

Sorry don't remember who these quotes are quoted from, just had them in a Word file on the computer :)

Back