• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is your favorite quote?

Hi

"Russian roulette is not the same without a gun" Lady Gaga song lyric.

My father told me this before I went to Germany on my motorcycle:

"watch out there is always a crazy man coming from behind doing over 200 km/h"

It took me about 3 minutes to realise that that crazy man was me and I was doing a lot more than 200 :smile:

I have said so before in this thread, but it is still making me push things to the limit:

"Whatever life throws at you, never give less than 100%" Jim Profit aka Jimmy Stokowski aka Adrian Pasdar in the tv series Profit.

"The redline has no meaning if it is not used". Maybe I have read that one here. I do not remember.

Regards

not a quote...

if you're gonna ride my ass

at least pull my hair

on a license plate frame :biggrin::eek:

I have this quote up on the wall of my office, I believe it's from Winston Churchill.

"Success goes to those who have the ability of moving from failure to failure without losing their enthusiasm"

I just remembered this. It was years ago, Bette Davis was on the Carson show. You have to picture; she had the cigarette and the long wrinkly face. And she said:
“They say you should always speak good of the dead.” (takes puff of cigarette)
“Joan Crawford is dead.” (another puff)
“Good.”

When you do too much people become dependent. When you do too little, people lose hope. When you do things just right, people won’t be sure that you have done anything at all.

Paganism dies out, black gold deminishes, the Iron Rust out ... NSXFRIEND :biggrin:

NEED - A physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism.

NSX- A car whose evolutions keep plausible it's claim to the title of world's best sports car.

Famous last words: Hold My Beer and Watch This - (Author unknown and probably dead.)..... You are never as bad or good as you think you are - (Greg Popovich)....... Man Plans and God Laughs -(Unknown though probably God)..... The best navigators are not quite sure where they're going until they get there...and then they're still not sure. - (Jimmy Buffett)

Last edited:
'How in the hell are we going to make it to the moon if we can't talk between 3 buildings?"
Guss Grissom complaining about communications in the Apollo 1 capsule moments before the fire that took his and 2 other astronauts lives

MPX

If it floats, flys or F$#ks rent it.
Do you know why divorces are so expensive...because they're worth it.
Don't run away from me, you'll only die tired.
I have both kinds of insurance, Smith & Wesson.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you move it.

"Serenity Now"

Frank Costanza

"If anything goes faster,or breaks its records,we'll just push the throttle down further" SR71 blackbird pilot.

"Life is not a test drive. Drive fast, take chances."

"Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it." John D. Rockefeller Sr.
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." Bertrand De Jouvenel.
"War and courage have done more great things than charity." - Nietzsche.
"It does not matter what you think, so long as you obey." - Heinrich von Treitschke.
"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." Edvard Munch.

I did not read the 11 pages here so this may be the same thing someone else posted.

My favorite quote is, "It is what it is."

"Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog." - Mark Twain

Back