• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is your most weird encounter with a police officer in your NSX?

I got pulled over this Sunday. Didn't turn on the V1 when I plugged it in, stupid mistake by me. When the Sherriff came to my window he said his radar gun was still climbing when I passed him going the other direction. He said he knew about how fast I was going but was just curious if I knew. I could tell by his demeanor that I wasn't going to get a ticket so I told him I was in 2nd, but not at the top of second. If so, at that point I'd be close to 80mph on a 40mph road. I guessed somewhere around 62-65 and he agreed with me. He told me to go to a certain stretch of road where no one patrols and gave me a warning. :D

I was driving in an empty country road in Sept 2009 going to NSXPO in Toronto. I was suddenly pulled over by 4 cruisers, all of them questioning me and walking around the car snapping pics. I was given a speeding ticket for 15 kms over, which they are normally lenient about. I thought it was weird but figured maybe these hick towns get all hot and bothered over a bewinged batmobile like car passing through town limits. I found out a year later that it was a planned roadstop to check car tread patterns because they were hunting a serial killer. Yikes.

...and yes they eventually caught him and he's in jail.

The other week while driving back from New Orleans I stopped back in Virginia where my tuner was to look at my car to diagnosis my boost creep issue that at the time I didn't know what was happening. I meet him at the dyno and he gets in and plugs his laptop in. He tells me to go WOT until it cuts out on this back road that runs parallel to 95. It cut out real early so he tells me to just park on this side street while he looks at the data log. While we're stopped I'm on prime reading or something and all the sudden I see flashing lights in my rear view mirror. It was a few minutes after I did the run so I'm pretty sure at this point he didn't see anything. He asks to see my identification "odd since usually they say license, registration, and insurance". So I end up giving him my license and he asks me "you race this thing, is that NOS back there?". I tell him no I don't race, that's not NOS either. He then questions me why I do so much stuff to my car if I don't race and asks if I've ever run it on the street. In my head at this point I'm thinking what's he trying to get me to admit. I just reply "I don't race on the street, I actually go to the track to do those things and I'm on vacation right now and just had a track event at VIR this past week". He then starts asking my tuner questions about what he's doing and why he has a computer out. He hasn't looked at my inspection yet either at this point... but as he asks for my other documents he peeps his head around and see's my expired inspection that ran up in 09. He asks "when was the last time this was inspected". I said "it was in a station in 08, it ran up in 09, and it won't pass since it doesn't have cats on".

He then goes back to his car to run my information. At this point I'm thinking well he didn't catch me speeding or witnessed any reckless driving so all he can really give me is an expired inspection ticket. So whatever, I go back to reading prime, and my tuner goes back to doing what he's doing while we wait.

He comes back and hands my documents back and says "well, you boys aren't doing anything illegal, and I can't give you a ticket for your inspection". I ask him "why not". He says "you're not in your home state". At that exact moment I fist pump right in front of him with excitement. :biggrin:

After that the officer asks us if we have a dyno around here and also if I've ever run the quarter mile and the horsepower and weight of my car. Cool guy, and much nicer then the NJ state trooper I've run into years ago. All in all still no tickets in my nsx and have been moving violation free for about 7 years now.

Luckily too my radar detector was in my arm rest which I took out of the window earlier because I think in VA they're illegal. Since then I got my FOP card back that the NY trooper took when I was on the way to watkins glen this past year for kids day.

Back in 2008 I got pulled over for a DUI ( really stupid of me, dont drink and drive people) After all the process of the check. The police officer remember i told him that my house was down the street so he ask me if it was ok for him if he could drive my car back to my house instead of putting in impound. Of course I let him. His partner drove to my house while he followed with my car. They liked my car just my stupidity of the DUI had to be the reason.

It's my guess that he was not a cop at all but and angry, middle aged, over weight, cop wanna be. If he was a police officer and he was that pissed off at you I think he would have just pulled you over and written you a ticket or two. You can buy those Crown Vics at auction. Many of them still have some of the lighting in them. I would not worry about laying low.

I agree. The more he talked about being a cop, yet did nothing, the more I would suspect that he was just a pretender....and an a-hole.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure which story involving police and an NSX is the most odd....because I have so many. LOL!

There was flying past an unmarked police Camaro on a Sunday morning at well over 110 - 120 mph in my cow pajamas and with wild morning hair all over the place and no shoes on once he caught up with me......or being pulled over at well over 110 - 120 mph (hmmmm...I see a theme here) on the Chicago Skyway after repeated drag races with a black Jaguar XJ-R and then being let off by the police officer when I told him I was late for a concert (showed him the tickets for proof), and he told me to slow down and be careful getting back on the Skyway without even so much as raising his voice or writing me a warning......or getting pulled over by cops on golf carts after doing donuts in a grassy field because I liked the way the engine sounded and the way the grass flew....or.....man I could go on forever, and they are all true. LOL! :)

Last edited:
Years ago when I had my Black one I was at a civic meet with the NSX (I owned a daily civic at the time) and we were all just shooting the BS in a Best Buy parking lot. Well 30 min into the meet we notice a police officer pulling up to us, my first thought was we are about to be kicked out of here. The officer parked his car and jumped out and started walking towards us. As he gets closer the first words out of him mouth were "Who's NSX?" I said politely it was mine and if there was a problem? He said no not at all, this actually is my dream car and wanted a closer look. He began to ask me all about the car, and if he could take a look inside. He kept going on about how great these cars are! I could definitely tell I made his day but too be honest it was the other way around.

I like to drive around at between 3-5am in the summers. One night I pulled in to a gas station about 2 hours north of Toronto. Not a soul in sight.

As I'm getting gas, a cop pulls up and circles the car really slowly. I thought for sure he was gonna ask me about the retracted front plate.
He stops, rolls down his window, and says "Nice car! Wanna trade!?"

All I could think was "don't sound like a criminal don't sound like a criminal don't sound like a criminal" So I laughed and gave him a thumbs up, then he drove off.

Back