• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What kind of jobs do NSX owners have?

Originally posted by Number 6:

Continental Airlines... Houston-based on the Boeing 757-767... are you a pilot?

No not a pilot, but I purchased my car from a UAL pilot from Vancouver WA. Just thought you may work for the same carrier. Darn nice guy and a strait shooter, one of the the more pleasant auto buying experiences i've had.

Originally posted by Number 6:
airline captain...

because i need to fly on the ground, too...

Another pilot.....cool! Nice to know there's other folks who "slip the surly bonds" that have been bitten by the NSX bug. I also got an e-mail a few days ago from a USAF C-5 pilot that owns an NSX. He's stuck in Korea for a year, though, and is halfway around the world from his baby!

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

Originally posted by Viper Driver:
I also got an e-mail a few days ago from a USAF C-5 pilot that owns an NSX. He's stuck in Korea for a year, though, and is halfway around the world from his baby!

yow... that's gotta hurt...

although i hardly fly anymore... i bid reserve and sit around the house doing honey-do's...
smile.gif

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

Another pilot.....cool! Nice to know there's other folks who "slip the surly bonds" that have been bitten by the NSX bug. I also got an e-mail a few days ago from a USAF C-5 pilot that owns an NSX. He's stuck in Korea for a year, though, and is halfway around the world from his baby!

Chuck

I've done "crop dusting" sometime ago, does that count me amongst the "NSX Elite Flyer Club?"
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by spartan2-3:

Chuck

I've done "crop dusting" sometime ago, does that count me amongst the "NSX Elite Flyer Club?"
biggrin.gif

"Into the wild Blue Yonder"
biggrin.gif

some funny-as job descriptions here. =)

- Freelance gynecologist
- I steal exotic cars for a living...
- airline captain...because i need to fly on the ground, too...
- L33T HAXOR

a lot of IT people becoz it's usually IT people that use forums like this; hence the bias.

Another pilot right here.... I fly the CH-46E....yes, the whistling shitcan of death. It's not that bad considering the Marine Corps received its last CH-46E a year before I was born.

Currently with the 24th MEU in the Arabian Sea.

Bill

I would estimate that approximately 40 percent of NSX owners have at least some flight training. That's an extraordinarily high percentage for any group of people not associated through an aviation-related activity.

Private Pilot, 360 hours
ASEL
ASES
Glider Aero Tow Only

We collect tax money for the I.R.S.
Ohh Yea!!
"BUT"
We also do some plumbing on the side.
smile.gif

MYNSX

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 13 November 2002).]

I have a question do you think an architect is a good carrear choice. I don't realy know what carrear i should go into. Car design would be cool but i don't know the yearly income of this job. Can anyone answer both my questions for me. please.

hey midnight raven. I've heard that architect is a good career choice. like a lot of things, depends on how good you are relative to others in your profession. car design would be great to pursue, but you need to be prepared to compete at a very high level. Do you excell at math? You'll have to if you pursue this direction. In competitive high end jobs you'll also want to really work on your writing abilities. Good tip, re-read what you write before you send it, because you cant take it back. Verbal communication miscues can sometimes be clarified and recovered, but not written communications. If spelling is a difficulty for you, utilize spellcheck. If you're asking for a 'carrear' and you wind up with a career in carparts you've only yourself to blame
wink.gif

Do you excell at math? You'll have to if you pursue this direction. In competitive high end jobs you'll also want to really work on your writing abilities. Good tip, re-read what you write before you send it, because you cant take it back. Verbal communication miscues can sometimes be clarified and recovered, but not written communications. If spelling is a difficulty for you, utilize spellcheck.

Huck,

It's excel.
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Midnight Raven:
CHudson is an architect in Charleston, SC and he owns a '92 w/ a Basch SC... He can let you know how's he living.....
As for me, I'm a SAS developer (IT field) and manwhore ;-D ... heh heh

------------------
Biaggi
92 Red NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

well mathamatics is my best subject and if i work hard enough i could be a good writer or good in literature. I'm not great in literature though.That is why i think architecture is the best for me cause you design houses. You have to talk to the people to see what they want thier house to be and thier price range. Ect. ect. But then it is a very difficult job too. If the building you design are unsafe i think you can get in lots of trouble.

I'm not sure but is it true when you design a house you have to tell how much of every single material is needed. NOw that is very hard especially since houses are big and have lots of materials in it.

I have another question for Chudson. When you graduate from college what do you do. Is there like a period of time when you don't get paid right after college. I'm worrying that if i graduate from college with a degree in architecture, I will have a tough time starting a living especially if no one wants to buy the building that i make. This will make me have no pay, which then means no way of paying for food and my life style.

WHICH MEANS NO NSX!!!!
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have to be frank here. You seem like one clueless kid judging by some of your posts, specially the most recent post.

I suggest you get your ducks in a row before fantasizing about the NSX. Buying an NSX should be the last thing on your mind considering your current stage in life.

Pay your dues and the rewards will come.

I myself was a math whiz when I was in school. I was the guy that everyone would stop from going to school because I would set the grade curve really high! Although I’m good in math, real world applications are very different. In school if you get the correct answer you get an A, in real life that answer means absolutely nothing without an explanation or interpretation as to what that it suggests. As I recall, you are only 15. Math in college is much more advanced. Also, you probably haven’t even taken calculus or trigonometry yet. While having aspirations is a good thing, I think you should focus on the responsibilities that you have now in the present. Getting good grades in high school and going to a good college should be your priorities. You are young and have plenty of time to explore your career options.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

That is exaclty what i'm trying to do right now. Do good in school so i can go to college and get my degree in the carrear that i want. I know what i'm doing, not clueless. Sure i don't know much about the carrear themselves cause i haven't looked into them. I just want to see if this is a good path to go to. When i do finish college. OKay.

Don't give me the clueless kid crap again.
Anyway I just want to see if that guy can help me with my question till then by.

Back