• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's SFDreamer been up to? -- Drift Career, Kickstarter Funded in 2hrs, Fiancé?!

Wow, it has been quite some time since I've made a post on here. Life has been incredibly busy, but I'll start with the most important news that you all care about… YES, I still have the NSX :). Every time I get to drive her it is still equally as exciting as the first drive!

Now, some updates for those friends that care :). I once again competed in the 2013 Pro Am drift series. This year was MUCH better, at least in the beginning. I started off the 2013 season with qualifying first out of 67 drivers which was an awesome feeling and I was very excited to compete. 2 destroyed oil coolers and one stuck clutch later I ended up in 2nd place. After I won my Top 4 battle my car experienced a failure that was not fixable within the 5min allotment and I couldn't compete for 1st place. I felt I would've been able to win 1st if my car would have been able to move on. But qualifying 1st and taking 2nd in my 4th ever event was exciting. Round 2 also went well and I was definitely on my way to winning my license. Then came Round 3…car was performing great in practice and I really had the track down. Qualifying was going to be a piece of cake and the judges said they expected a top 3 out of me. So I got on track to do my qualification run…started to warm up the tires and BAM my differential blew up on me. The rest of the season fell apart from there and I fell out of the points to get my license. I did learn though that if my car is in perfect working order I can definitely hold my own. Also the issues were not due to lack of maintenance or the build of the car, just unfortunate timing on breakages. Either way, I'll be back in 2014 stronger than ever. My good friend won the Formula Drift Pro Championship and has renewed the motivation for many privateers!

As far as non-car related news: I got engaged to my longtime girlfriend! Happy to finally pull the trigger as she is most certainly the one. I proposed on the exact day we met, just years later. She only took 3 days to think about it and then said yes ;)!

And then the main reason I haven't had much time to play around here is because of some new opportunities that came knocking at my door. I was invited to take part in 2 very fun startups and am enjoying the exhausting days thanks to them haha. With that being said, if there are any other entrepreneurs on here that ever just want to chat…feel free to hit me up. My passion for business is equal to my love of cars.

Besides the 2 startups, I also decided to give a shot at creating an awesome product that had never been done before. I really love watches and therefore wanted to create a new unique watch. Formed a team and came up with the idea for a Stone and Stainless Steel watch. Wanted to test the market by throwing it on Kickstarter and so far have had an amazing response to them! We were able to get 100% funded within 2hrs of launching our campaign. So again, if anyone has any questions regarding Kickstarter please feel free to ask. In case you're curious to check out the project you can see it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1624189419/lexell-stone-watches-a-stone-and-stainless-steel-w I definitely am not trying to solicit any of you to back the project. However, if you like the idea and feel compelled to share the project with others, please do, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Well, that is my 2013 in a nutshell…Hope everyone else is doing well! It's about time I get back to consuming my daily dose of NSXprime regularly :biggrin:. I am already looking forward to better driving weather again haha. I miss my SoCal folks and weather :(.

Some Random Pics :)

Oil cooler problems after contact with another car:

Last edited:
Back