• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

You people getting the prelude comments...do you have Honda or Acura badges. I think the H may be confusing North American folks.

Maybe, but I think it's just ignorance by non-car people... See I live in Australia... There's no such thing as an Acura here!

Another time I was washing my car in my driveway and the electricity meter guy comes around to make his annual visit... Says to me:

Him: "Nice car... What is it?"
Me: "It's a Honda NSX"
Him: "Huh... Is that like a Prelude with a body kit?"
Me: "Yeah something like that..."

I figure if I have to explain what it is then I'm wasting my breath anyways...

Funny thing is my Dad; who is sooo not a car person (he drives a 15yr old Hyundai)! However when I was buying my first NSX, I just mentioned to him that I was buying a new car and not wanting him to freak about how much I was spending, I just told him a "Ahh another Honda... NSX this time". He looks at me and says straight away... "THAT'S THAT JAPANESE FERRARI" ... "How is much THAT costing you!"... lol I never expected him to know what it was, they're pretty rare here...

au nsx, i just noticed your aviatar......what the hell is in there lol.

looks like twin top mounted air to air intercoolers.

A guy in a brand new Ferrari pulls up next to me and says, "Oh an NSX, I've always wanted one of those." For what he paid for his F-car he could have had 4 or 5 of my 1991 model NSX. Funny thing is, he acted serious. I guess he just wanted to talk cars. Kind of like using the worst pick-up line on the prettiest girl at the bar.
Happy Motoring!

A guy in a brand new Ferrari pulls up next to me and says, "Oh an NSX, I've always wanted one of those." ...

Most Fchaters that I know, personaly LOVE the NSX, many have own one, or even 2! ... I know this local guy that has the Magnum Ferrari :biggrin: and he used to have 2 NSX's ... a 91 and a 95, oh, now he has a Gallardo -and the Magnum- ....

It's a shame Honda never gave the NSX chassis more hp :mad:

====

MY funny story, I was rolling last friday, lights up (super 80's pop-ups mode around 6pm) and a BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, CLEAN BMW 800 rolls slow in my left, opens the window and the guy (on his mid 30's with his dad) says:

Him: "NICE CAR, LOVE NSX'S"

Me: "Thanks so much, your car is clean and I also love the 800's (he also had
his pop-ups UP)

Him: "If this was the 90's, we'd be doing SUPER AWESOME" .. the he laughs hard!

ME: LMAO!!

That was a honest hilarious comment ....

Oscar

MY funny story, I was rolling last friday, lights up (super 80's pop-ups mode around 6pm) and a BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, CLEAN BMW 800 rolls slow in my left, opens the window and the guy (on his mid 30's with his dad) says:

Him: "NICE CAR, LOVE NSX'S"
Oscar
Coulda been me!

Attachments

• Small NSX BMW stacked side.JPG
    Small NSX BMW stacked side.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 629
With the NSX, the only comments I've ever got is "nice car".

With the GT-R, I get a lot of "rice rocket" comments from women. :rolleyes:

The day after Christmas, my new next door neighbor's father (a guy about 60)wanders over while I was changing the oil in my wife's car. He notices the NSX in the garage uncovered:

Him: "is that a Corvette?"
Me: "No, it isn't"
Him: "A Ferrari?"
Me: "Nope, It's an Acura NSX"
Him: "Never heard of it :eek:........must be one of those limited edition models"

The funniest and yet saddest was at a Honda dealership.

He then says well its a pretty car but that s2000 will smoke that thing. I chuckle and reply oh really. He says yea. "vtec" I laughed. I start to walk away as I felt I was on an episode of punked. He says well what does that thing have in it? I replied vtec and he looked like he saw a ghost. I walked to my car and needless to say never returned to that dealership again.

Reminds me of an Acura dealer story:

About a year ago I stopped by an Acura dealership and a saleswoman asked if she could help me. (nice woman in her late 30's to early 40's)

I asked, "Do you happen to have any pre-owned NSXs in stock at this time?"

She replied, "Do you mean an MDX?"

Me: "No, 'NSX'.

Her: "We have the TSX."

Me: "No, an N-S-X."

Her: "What's an NSX?"

I started to try to explain the car to her, but even after describing it (small, exotic car with a mid-engine, etc...), her deer-in-headlights stare told me to just give up. I left.

Perturbed, I called the head sales manager to ask why his sales staff was so un-versed with the Acura cars.

His honest-to-God response was along the lines of "well, since Acura doesn't make the NSX anymore, we just focus on knowledge of the current line-up."

I can 'sorta' see his point, but at least have some background and knowledge of the brand's most historic car ever made! ...at least enough to tell someone if you have one in stock or not.

And this attitude came from the Dallas dealership that used to offer the most enthusiast support towards NSX owners: Goodson Acura, Irving, TX

If they ever do bring back the NSX, I hope they don't send any to this dealer...(maybe all Goodson is good at now is selling their "Honda's with leather in 'em".)

Last edited:
Stopped at a country gas station to pick up some beer for a New Year's day get together we were invited to. Walked by the checkout and was well on the way to the coolers when I heard "HEY buddy, how fast does it go?". When I got back to the counter, I replied (just to get a reaction) "just last week a State Trooper told me plenty"

He replied "Awesome! How many tickets have you had, and what was the biggest one?". I quietly laughed at how cool he thought I was.

Next time I'll tell him I had the cop write the ticket out on my back so I could have it tattooed, which should take me from just Cool, to God.

Yea, I'm from Texas

Don

A boy (about seven years old) asked me about my car in a parking lot:

boy: What kind of car is that?
me: It's an Acura NSX. [pause] It's made in Japan.
boy: [quizzical look] How did you get it here?

I have got some of the above but the best/scary/recent one was: A guy literally comes over from the side running stops me on the road and asks "WTF is that? Seriously" while I was pulling into a parking lot. He could not wait!

Last edited:
I have got some of the above but the best/scary/recent one was: A guy literally comes over from the side running stops me on the road and asks "WTF is that? Seriously" while I was pulling into a parking lot. He could not wait!

^It always makes me :smile: when people have no idea what it is. You tell them and they still don't get it.

I agree however if I say NSX most are either lost or just say never heard of it. If I say Acura NSX most of the people has a touch of disappointment in their surprise coz of Acura name I guess.

A comment on the rarity of the NSX...im a car enthusiast and because of that have traveled to see many exotic cars in my days. Ive seen 3 Enzos, drove down the road with one last summer, seen maybe 60+ Murcielagos, 200+ or so Gallardos (got a ride in a Superlegerra and an LP560), seen 5 or so F40's, Keonigsegg CCX, Pagani Zonda S, 2 MC12's (next to each other), up close at a pocanos car show. But the other day i realized that i have NEVER been up-close to a NA1 NSX. Infact, only ONCE have i been up close to an NSX in my life, and it was a blue NA2 in a Acura showroom 5 years ago. Infact, there was a VERY hot saleswomen maybe 25 that was talking all about it. Thats why i want to get to NSXPO this year, i dont have an NSX, but, its like 45min away from me and i would fill up my NSX sightings quota!

I just recently picked up my 96 from Utah, and while driving back to Canada, a kid at a gas station while I was filling up said...."That's right out of Gran Turismo!

I agree however if I say NSX most are either lost or just say never heard of it. If I say Acura NSX most of the people has a touch of disappointment in their surprise coz of Acura name I guess.

I usually get something similar as well. I think I'm going to really start messing with people. I'm going to start replying that it's Honda's concept car. And while they are still thinking that over, I'm going to tell them that "yea, they only made it from '91 to '05". LOL :tongue:

I went to my Honda dealer in my NSX. I pulled into the service area and proceded to ask for my regular service advisor. He was not in today. I talked to another service advisor about service work done to my Honda Pilot and my Honda Element. The mechanic that was there answered a few of my questions and just to be curious, I asked him if the shop could service my NSX. I told him I needed my driver side window regulator changed which incidentally does need to be changed. I also asked him how much it would cost to change a timing belt on my Pilot and to see if they were not overcharging me I asked how much it would be for the NSX since I already knew how much the local Acura dealer charges. The mechanic asked me how big the engine was on my NSX. I said 3.0 liters. He looks at the car and says it should not be a problem. Okay fine, but how much? He then says to me can I pop it open to see the engine? I say the door is open go ahead and take a look as I am talking to the service advisor. He pops the hood and takes a look. One of his co-workers says to him the engine is in the back. Then he proceeds to open the trunk and no engine there either. So finally he does pop the engine compartment but he can't seem to find out how to open it. I then say don't worry about it I was just curious what it would cost for the service. Then the customer behind me says I would not let that guy service it if he can't find the engine. I just smiled at him.

1. Some girl saw my NSX sitting in a parking lot and said it looked like a giant tarantula.

2. Some kid (who claimed he owned an NSX) saw my NSX sitting in a parking lot with the engine hatch open, pointed at my chrome airbox cover and said, "Oh, I see you got the supercharger."

I'm stuck in the 90s (in cars), the 80s (in my head/maturity), and the 70s (in music)...

haha You and me both, TomCat. I usually get the classic "Nice Ferrari" although I'm surprised by the amount of people that actually DO know what it is and have had guys ask "NA1 or NA2?". Did have 2 teenage girls flash me their tits, though---

Back