• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel fitment variations

As far as stock set-ups, when were there any changes as far as wheel fitment? For example, If someone has a '93, and a particular wheel requires a 3mm spacer, I would think that the same would apply to a '92, and a '91. Does it also apply for '94 through '97, and beyond? At what year is there a difference as far as wheel fitment, and what are those differences?

In '97 the wheels/brakes/rotors changed, so everything before that is the same. In '02 they changed the wheels, but I'm not too sure about the brakes/rotors. I'm sure others with more info will chime in. *cough* nsxtasy... :)

Richard is correct; the brakes changed in '97. This affects clearances; for example, the 15" front wheels of a '91, or an orange spare tire from a '91, won't fit on a '97-05 NSX. So there are two different versions of NSX for wheel fitment purposes: the '91-96, and the '97-05. (There were no changes in brakes after '97.)

Leaving aside the change in finish in '97, the stock wheels themselves changed from '91-93 (15"/16" wheels) to '94-01 (16"/17" wheels), to '02-05 (17"/17" wheels), even though there were no changes in the brakes or hubs during the years when new wheel sizes were introduced. The FAQ notes the differences in wheel width and offset.

Back