• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

So true, I do agree not to buy first production year, (if someone is going to Lease, difference story .. ) some high risk brands, such as BMW, M-B .. probably safer to buy the third model year, just to fix all the bugs .. (but by the time it is the third year, facelift is coming ... lol) On the other hand, 7 times in 14 month may not be as bad as it sounds, may be one as second delivery after 2 week, one as first month quick check up, two oil change, and two trip for the recall, and one whatever small repair .. I went to the dealer 3 times because of my side mirror repair, (my fault) and twice for little wind noise, (dealer said because of the Xpel and window tinting, but they replace the window molding for me anyway) and I will bring the car back for the recall next spring, (drop off, pick up, that is two trips) so we are talking about 7 trips already ..when mine has only 7xx mile in 10 month...

Nope. None of those were why my car went in. First time was for a failed t-stat at 3k miles. Second was dead battery. Third was car just flat out died. Fourth was for wind noise which came back a week later and I haven't addressed it again. Fifth I forgot off hand. Sixth was for tank and third brake light recall, and new tires due to wear which is normal. Seventh was for the vibration, bad alignment, and new tires again because the new set were "defective". And now the eighth time because second set of tires broke the belts in 1.5 months, and a bad alignment. So I'm going on my third set of tires in 1.5 months and less than 2k miles. My car is a pile of cr@p and I don't even complain about the squeaks, rattles, and horrible bluetooth. There's more, but It'll just piss me off and I'll yell at the dogs for no reason.

Wow .. sorry to hear that, that is ... weird! Dead battery? did Acuralink send you a message? (I kind of hate it, send me message once a week, say my car is not active etc...) few times for over a month, without driving it, and not plug in with maintainer, car started no problem .. (other sports cars? without plug in for ~ a week .. warning lights here and there!) Well, good luck!

I don’t understand the tire issues. How is your alignment so bad that it’s destroying tires so fast?
Overall sounds like a huge pain.

Wow .. sorry to hear that, that is ... weird! Dead battery? did Acuralink send you a message? (I kind of hate it, send me message once a week, say my car is not active etc...) few times for over a month, without driving it, and not plug in with maintainer, car started no problem .. (other sports cars? without plug in for ~ a week .. warning lights here and there!) Well, good luck!

Is my Acuralink supposed to work? I pushed both buttons the other day and neither was active. The battery died after I didn’t drive the car for a week.

I don’t understand the tire issues. How is your alignment so bad that it’s destroying tires so fast?
Overall sounds like a huge pain.

Because the tech at Napleton’s Acura in West Palm Beach effed the car up when he did the tank recall. I had zero drivability problems related to the alignment and tires before that recall. I have no idea why the car tries to pull me off the road and kill me. Both sets of tires broke steel belts in them. I doubt I got defective tires twice in a row.

Because the tech at Napleton’s Acura in West Palm Beach effed the car up when he did the tank recall. I had zero drivability problems related to the alignment and tires before that recall. I have no idea why the car tries to pull me off the road and kill me. Both sets of tires broke steel belts in them. I doubt I got defective tires twice in a row.
Rob, continue to resist to drink the cool aid... Dump the car, and move on.

Is my Acuralink supposed to work? I pushed both buttons the other day and neither was active. The battery died after I didn’t drive the car for a week.
if you press the blue one, it should try to connect you to a representative, assuming your phone is connected via BT.

sorry to hear about your troubles.

sounds like that store doesn't know what they're doing. :(

Never buy a unit of the first production year, that's valid since the day cars are getting built. :wink: But I'm pretty sure Acura/Honda will fix all of them.
Try telling people who leased a 200k car that.:confused:

if you press the blue one, it should try to connect you to a representative, assuming your phone is connected via BT.

sorry to hear about your troubles.

sounds like that store doesn't know what they're doing. :(

Nope. Neither button works when my phone is connected to the car.

Just curious, you guys in US mostly lease? monthly payment on sports cars? Canada here, I only did lease long time ago on couple BMWs .. but not for last ~ 9/10 year .. since we have kids.

Just curious, you guys in US mostly lease? monthly payment on sports cars? Canada here, I only did lease long time ago on couple BMWs .. but not for last ~ 9/10 year .. since we have kids.

I lease for several reasons.

1) It's a lot easier to write off a lease than it is to depreciate a car. Lease is essentially rent. So as a business expense it's a no-brainer given my effective tax rate is close to 52% (FUCK CALIFORNIA!!!!)
2) I only drive a total of 8k miles a year (Between all my cars and bikes). If I drove 15-20k like my buddies do, I might do something different. But I doubt it.
3) I really don't like to keep the same car more than 2-3 years. Especially a fancy pantsy sports car that will get dated quickly in this all-electric world.
4) I like to drive the car hard. If I owned it, I would have to take that into account everytime I approach redline. But with a lease, the car only has to last 36 months, which even under my lead foot is easy to do.

I am a buy type customer.

I typically keep my cars about 7 years and finance. I got 2.09% on the NSX for 6 years.

I hate stuff in leases like the acquisition fee but understand leasing has plusses.

I can see leasing a Tesla pick up truck in a few years for my Real Estate business.

I lease for several reasons.

1) It's a lot easier to write off a lease than it is to depreciate a car. Lease is essentially rent. So as a business expense it's a no-brainer given my effective tax rate is close to 52% (FUCK CALIFORNIA!!!!)
2) I only drive a total of 8k miles a year (Between all my cars and bikes). If I drove 15-20k like my buddies do, I might do something different. But I doubt it.
3) I really don't like to keep the same car more than 2-3 years. Especially a fancy pantsy sports car that will get dated quickly in this all-electric world.
4) I like to drive the car hard. If I owned it, I would have to take that into account everytime I approach redline. But with a lease, the car only has to last 36 months, which even under my lead foot is easy to do.

I'm so with you on this one. I try to pretend it's the nice weather tax. I use to think it was the beach tax also but I haven't surfed in years so that's one less thing keeping me here. The nice driving roads tax... that's a bit more difficult to give up but we have options! God Bless America

haha soon to have a texting tax......:eek:

As a side note... i'm not a big car configurator guy but I can appreciate a nice interior and it's one of my top deciding factors. I can see why Porsche guys go crazy over their 911 configuration. It really does change the car. Maybe something for Acura to think about since the half-baked current NSX configurator doesn't seem to be game changing. It'd be nice if they could have cut the price maybe $10-20k or more by not tooling up for the custom config option at the factory - which is what they did with the CTR. Lesson learned I suppose...and expensive lesson. Maybe they will recall their old Honda roots... build an amazing car cheaply but what you get is what you get.

See this guy's video. Start around 5mins in where he describes his car vs his friend's car.
https://youtu.be/UliqLJuGDMg

Nope. Neither button works when my phone is connected to the car.

You have to have at least a "connect" level acuralink subscription. I like it mainly for checking on the doors and saving destinations on my phone before a trip and pushing them to the nav. Probably not worth $159 a year, but those same features plus remote start on my Lexus cost me $300/yr. Really wish they would add remote start to the NSX to get the air running ahead of time when it's sitting in a parking lot. It's just software, all the components are already on the car.

You have to have at least a "connect" level acuralink subscription. I like it mainly for checking on the doors and saving destinations on my phone before a trip and pushing them to the nav. Probably not worth $159 a year, but those same features plus remote start on my Lexus cost me $300/yr. Really wish they would add remote start to the NSX to get the air running ahead of time when it's sitting in a parking lot. It's just software, all the components are already on the car.

So on a $206.5k MSRP car I should pay for emergency roadside assist button to be active. This is another example of Acura's failing to understand their customer base. On the Focus RS I had it was free for five years.

So on a $206.5k MSRP car I should pay for emergency roadside assist button to be active. This is another example of Acura's failing to understand their customer base. On the Focus RS I had it was free for five years.
Yeah. I thought it was a joke when I heard this crappy app was gonna cost me money to do like one thing.

Those pagani’s are so sick...

Back