• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

The "meeting" happens every other week, I belive 2-3 PM Pacific time

i typically call after that when driving home

this week should be pretty good as they appear to be picking up the pace on the shop floor as evidenced by serial # 063 showing up last week

i have to believe that about 100 cars have been built and will share what ever fun but useless info I get

Bricks: It sounds like they must be very close to completing the first of three waves of "coverage cars." From the roll-out plan documents, they were to inform each wave of a three-month delivery window (having already promised June-Aug for wave #1 ). It seems that they must be about to tell the Wave #2 customers (of which I think I am one) their delivery window-- albeit a 3 month window. Does that sound about right / consistent with your understanding?

chrisn

i agree with you

Coverage wave 1 should include 253 participating dealerships/3 waves or about 84 US vin # cars

to your point I am planning to bring up the window question during the call. Problem is, Nosisahhx was in wave 1 and got no window confirmation. My expectIon of a real estimate for my wave 2 car's build timing today is low

my General smiley face is based on seeing the higher serial #s pop up and knowing they are opening the valve on the production spigot. The key item I am hoping to hear is how many cars were built as of last week.

I am guessing I will see my car in October.

Last edited:
You folks in Canada have a better in than we haveYou already got a tour of the factory with a poutine picnic

The update is no update
There are 2 folks who cover the NSX line and their shifts overlap
The guy who covers the later part of the day was visiting a dealership and the other had finished work for the day
I will try again tomorrow morning

Some people just don't know what they are talking about! Bram

What are you getting excited about?
No criticisms were made.

As I posted your group from the GTA had a factory tour and kudos to you for organizing it.
And as I said the rest of Canada and the US is still waiting, so well done.

Problem is, Nosisahhx was in wave 1 and got no window confirmation.

Here is the sequence of updates I received.

I got tired of waiting so I called Acura. They told me that I would get a call when my 3 month window was starting.

My first package arrived at the dealership, no call from Acura.

I called Acura and they told me that it would be "soon".

I got call from my dealership that I was getting my car between the 8th and 10th of August.

My car arrived on August 4th, still no call from Acura.

To me it seems that a 3 month brushoff or a "soon" is all anyone is going to get until they get more confident with their time tables. It seemed (to me at least) that they were more afraid of giving a promise and failing than they were of pissing us off with very rough estimates. While I sort of get that I do not for an instant believe that a 3 month window is the best they can do.

Thanks for the additional details nosirrahx (I will have to see how many ways I misspell that).

Hopefully tomorrow will include some enjoyable news.

- - - Updated - - -

serial # 044 is in Arlington TX

https://www.lemonfree.com/car/Acura-NSX-2017/19UNC1B09HY000044?utm_source=VASTNetwork&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=PaidVastTraffic&utm_term=19UNC1B09HY000044

This week's update was disappointing

only interesting news is that 40-50 US cars have been registered

no info on number of cars produced

no update on tour info

no info available on pricing for the second set of Y spoke wheels

they had not heard that during demos would be available at Monteray car week. It appears that they have info silo issues between functions

PMC is focused on getting their build processes optimized and not on how to better inform customers, the info issue is known and targeted for improvement in year 2

i asked if any units were delivered to Chicagoland and learned a vin # wasn't available for McGrath's. Either means the database is populated by sleepy stoners or that they haven't completed building wave 1 of the coverage units. I think the former is true

i reiterated my point that too many early cars are going to dealership principals for market adjustment plays and was told that Acura thought about adjusting the build order to get the cars to real customers but isn't doing so

All signs point to some serious issues with quality/consistency in production--- well beyond the expected ramp-up glitches. They must have hit some snags that have persisted despite intense focus/effort and several failed attempts to resolve. Perhaps a design flaw in a component that they are having to compensate for with some manual retrofitting and car-by-car testing/validation.

I am struggling to think of another explanation for the combination of delays AND uncertainty as to when production will ramp. If this were not a safety issue or was something that could be swapped out at dealer level in a subsequent campaign, I think they would just ship the cars with the flaw. Since they haven't, I think it must be something more fundamental that cannot be retrofitted later at dealer level.

Bummer. I'm sure Honda/Acura are super frustrated with this, but can't exactly announce "We screwed up and we don't yet know how to fix it. Stay tuned." So they have elected to be silent. But, to me, the silence sounds exactly like "We screwed up big time, and don't know how to fix it."

Sigh.

All signs point to some serious issues with quality/consistency in production--- well beyond the expected ramp-up glitches. They must have hit some snags that have persisted despite intense focus/effort and several failed attempts to resolve. Perhaps a design flaw in a component that they are having to compensate for with some manual retrofitting and car-by-car testing/validation...

Maybe the fears of being built in the USA have come true.

It happens.....Porsche replaced every 2014 991 GT3 motor because of a faulty connecting rod bolt.

Owners could choose to have their cars repurchased or receive new replacement engines along w/ loaner cars + per diem
$$ compensation (mid to high 4 figures) + additional warranty.

Cars that were repurchased by Porsche went to Porsche dealer only auctions. Those cars wound up rebranded as "salvage/ buy back / lemons "
and soon resold, many at MSRP or higher.

I have a call into my dealer to see if the regional rep provided any new info

i also called Pilot to see about toting my car back to Chicago from WI after PDI, under $1k for that

they confirmed that shipment volume has been light

they do not get build plan. Once cars are ready for shipment, Acura makes the info available to Pilot and they decide which cars to ship and when based on the logistics approach they use. I would have expected Acura to say what they wanted shipped and when but it fits this bonkers program

Pilot visited PMC and echoed the point that all they care about at PMC is a perfect car reaching each customer

Would be great to try to get a sense for average "sit time" in Ohio from time the car goes on the "ok to ship" list and actual departure date. In a typical "bulk" distribution system (even for the Z06), the "sit time" is measured in weeks, not days. I had hoped that, with the emphasis on direct truck delivery (no truck-rail-truck) for the NSX, that there would NOT be cars sitting around for long.

Honestly, I'm thinking that much of the dramatically out-of-VIN-sequence shipping is attributable to something other than route optimization by the carrier. Perhaps driven by post-production inspection/quality issues?

Another question to ask your Pilot source is whether the cars are put on to the "ok to ship" list in same-color batches-- since the early manufacturing press info suggest production by color batch. If they aren't approved for shipment in "runs" of same color, that would indicate something going on that does not affect every car coming off the line....

Last edited:
so to our new owner.....does all the reviewers contempt for the paddle shifter feel and some interior bits carry water?

Would be great to try to get a sense for average "sit time" in Ohio from time the car goes on the "ok to ship" list and actual departure date. In a typical "bulk" distribution system (even for the Z06), the "sit time" is measured in weeks, not days. I had hoped that, with the emphasis on direct truck delivery (no truck-rail-truck) for the NSX, that there would NOT be cars sitting around for long.
Honestly, I'm thinking that much of the dramatically out-of-VIN-sequence shipping is attributable to something other than route optimization by the carrier. Perhaps driven by post-production inspection/quality issues?
Another question to ask your Pilot source is whether the cars are put on to the "ok to ship" list in same-color batches-- since the early manufacturing press info suggest production by color batch. If they aren't approved for shipment in "runs" of same color, that would indicate something going on that does not affect every car coming off the line....

I'm thinking Honda is working on an under-promise - over-deliver program.
They have the under-promise part mastered now.
Let's hope they get the over-deliver part mastered as well. :smile:

I am hoping the tour will provide some answers chrisn

I would just like some seat time to see what the interior is like

From what we have seen to date, the notion of Acura over delivering any time soon is optimistic at best

RLX Sport Hybrid debut part deux. Only there are only about 500 RLX SHs extant because of limited production at Saiyama. At least the cars are dead reliable so far, was worth the wait even with Accord-ish looks.

Point being, better late and well-made than early and lots of problems.

This week's update was disappointing

only interesting news is that 40-50 US cars have been registered

no info on number of cars produced

no update on tour info

no info available on pricing for the second set of Y spoke wheels

they had not heard that during demos would be available at Monteray car week. It appears that they have info silo issues between functions

PMC is focused on getting their build processes optimized and not on how to better inform customers, the info issue is known and targeted for improvement in year 2

i asked if any units were delivered to Chicagoland and learned a vin # wasn't available for McGrath's. Either means the database is populated by sleepy stoners or that they haven't completed building wave 1 of the coverage units. I think the former is true

i reiterated my point that too many early cars are going to dealership principals for market adjustment plays and was told that Acura thought about adjusting the build order to get the cars to real customers but isn't doing so
The demos at Monterey Car week are limited to those attending the Quail. I tried to get an invite for a customer who is very interested in purchasing, but was unable to secure one. Seems like the marketing side holds the reigns on that.

A friend got an invite.

- - - Updated - - -

RLX Sport Hybrid debut part deux. Only there are only about 500 RLX SHs extant because of limited production at Saiyama. At least the cars are dead reliable so far, was worth the wait even with Accord-ish looks.

Point being, better late and well-made than early and lots of problems.
the RLX hybrid goes around curves like the NSX. similar feeling with the torque vectoring. i was very surprised when i drove it at honda's test track in ohio.

Back