• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

September 2020 US Sales

NSX 10

For Q3 2020 US Sales

Audi R8 196

More than 6 times the 28 Acura sold in the Quarter

There are even more 911s sold than Audi R8s. And then even more Corvettes. Still doesn’t change my mind in getting the NSX. Ten years from now, people will recognize the NSX but won’t be able to figure out what year or model of the 911 and R8 and especially the Corvette.
The All electric Porsche outsold all the Porsche sports cars put together recently. The question is will that lead hold? The new Tesla S will come close to breaking 0 to 60 in less than 2 seconds. I predict that when you start seeing hybrids coming from Porsche, R8, and Corvette that for the price point they will not be as good as the NSX. The Porsche 918? Sells for over 1 million as does the Ferrari. The NSX is a product that is ahead of the market and most people don’t really understand.

we did ....If you go back to older threads many compared the tech to the uber $ 918/Laferrari..

Read the whole thing and by then you can go to your local pharmacy for the vaccine:wink:

Regardless of when it was discussed, the hybrid nature of the NSX insures that it is in special company with respect to electrically assisted supercars. I find that the NSX hybrid system to be exemplary in terms of performance. And this based upon my having owned 4 hybrid vehicles in the past. The seamless integration of the electric motors along with the regenerative braking is about as smooth as can be had. I have purposely tried to consume the reserve battery to see what will happen with respect to the electric motor/engine interface. Thus far the system integration is imperceptible, and I find that amazing. This is especially surprising as Honda/Acura have not been stellar performers in Hybrid/Electrification segment. While hybrid technology might not seem important to a lot on this forum, it is a precursor to what is happening to the auto industry as a whole. For Honda/Acura to have produced a hybrid supercar at this price point is truly outstanding. The low number of NSXs sold per month in comparison to other supercars is often construed to convey the lack of appeal of the NSX to this segment of the marketplace. Especially by those who profess their willingness to purchase the NSX without the Hybrid crap so that the car is more affordable. Thankfully, we don't have to satisfy that group of potential buyers. I hope they go elsewhere. Perhaps we should compare the NSX sales to that of the Porsche 918 or the LaFerrari instead. Oh shit, can't do that, as neither one of those cars are manufactured anymore... The Laferrari had a production run of 499 cars. The Porsche 918 had a production run of 918. So at this point and time the only Hybrid Supercar on the Planet that is still being manufactured is the NSX.

I guess I stand corrected. You can now get a plug in Ferrari. It is the SF90 Stradale. It is powered by three electric motors and a potent V-8, and they combine to produce a staggering 986 horsepower. Serious power means seriously quick acceleration; Ferrari claims this coupe sprints from zero to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds. The SF90 Stradale is priced at more than $600,000. For the first time it will have brake by wire like the NSX. Obviously a very fast car only three times the price of a fully optioned NSX. What a bargain. Can't wait for some trolls to suggest that Ferrari needs to remove the motors so that it is more affordable. When you see what the big boys are doing it testifies to the accomplishment of Honda/Acura. Yes, the current NSX can be improved. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-stradale-hybrid-hypercar-power-specs-photos/

Last edited:
I glad to see someone stating this fact....Not too many on here compare these two cars...they need too.

Bram

I’ve been saying this for four years now. :) :) Glad to see others on the bandwagon now. As much as I love a 918 or LaFerrari or the new SF90, I’d rather have a NC1 in the garage. Now even McLaren’s jumping on the hybrid supercar bandwagon shortly.

Hondacura...so far ahead of the curve, that people don’t get it. I’d say just improve the interior to make it more “special” and it’s perfect.

I’ve been saying this for four years now. :) :) Glad to see others on the bandwagon now. As much as I love a 918 or LaFerrari or the new SF90, I’d rather have a NC1 in the garage. Now even McLaren’s jumping on the hybrid supercar bandwagon shortly.

Hondacura...so far ahead of the curve, that people don’t get it. I’d say just improve the interior to make it more “special” and it’s perfect.

I actually enjoy the interior. Don’t know why it gets hammered so much. I think it’s pretty high quality. Of course I spent years in Vette interiors so my standards are low.

MC

I actually enjoy the interior. Don’t know why it gets hammered so much. I think it’s pretty high quality. Of course I spent years in Vette interiors so my standards are low. MC
I agree with you in that I find the interior pretty nice. The layout is very functional, and the materials are high quality especially when optioned out. By the way I saw this info on what the future Corvette is up to and wanted to share. I do expect Corvette to continue to be the affordable price leader. I also suspect that it will still be a volume car:

Sources from within General Motors apparently told GM Authority that the blank space between the "base" Corvette (as if you could consider the entry-level C8's spicy performance "basic") and the expected Z06 model will instead be filled by the E-Ray hybrid. The long-expected E-Ray is anticipated to use the Corvette Stingray's 6.2-liter V-8 engine along with a pair of electric motors powering the front axle to increase power and efficiency. And yes, the E-Ray's layout would also upgrade the C8 from rear- to all-wheel drive. There's no telling at this moment how much power the Corvette E-Ray might make, but it'll likely be more than the 495 hp of the entry-level car. Figure on somewhere between 550 to 600 horses, which would fit the E-Ray neatly between the Stingray and the 2022 Corvette Z06's expected 600-hp-plus output.

The Z06, by the way, will also get a special flat-plane-crankshaft V-8 that ditches pushrods for an overhead cam setup. Beyond that, the Corvette lineup will likely sprout a ZR1 with a twin-turbo version of the Z06's engine, along with a 1,000-hp "Zora" hybrid model that combines the E-Ray's electric motors with the ZR1's turbocharged twin-cam, flat-plane-crank V-8. So, while the Grand Sport seemingly won't make it back into the Corvette lineup, the E-Ray that takes its place (soon, we suspect, though the timing is hazy) will serve as the bridge between the current Stingray and the wilder models to come in the emerging C8 family.

Last edited:
Acura is in my neighborhood today filming (a lot of films and commercials are shot here). I stopped to ask about access to the area they're working in and a bunch of people came over to talk to me about my NSX. This led to a discussion of color (mine is midnight pearl) and they told me that the new Phantom Violet Pearl on the 2021 TSX was originally considered as a color for the NC1 but management changed their mind.

Phantom Violet is really dark. I saw it on the transport truck when they dropped off one of our previous NSXs. I was hoping for something like Midnight.

We finally got our Indy yellow. I think we ordered it over a year ago. My favorite color thus far. Looks far better in the sun than under the showroom lights.
View attachment 167239

Last edited:
October 2020 US sales data is slow in being released

The good news is that 22 NSX sales were booked

Looking forward to seeing what Toyota numbers look like as my LC 500 convertible will be baked into the numbers

Last edited:
Did you mean October sales not November?

November 2020 US sales data is slow in being released

The good news is that 22 NSX sales were booked

Looking forward to seeing what Toyota numbers look like as my LC 500 convertible will be baked into the numbers
Curious to see where 2020 production ends up. My car and my mother in law's NSX are both due to be delivered this month. My father in law received his NC1 in late August

Last edited:
Thanks for that catch, now corrected

His and hers NSX, I like it

Do they have other his and hers cars?

My CEO and his wife have his and hers Bentley GT cabriolets and MB G Wagons.

You get it!

I guess I stand corrected. You can now get a plug in Ferrari. It is the SF90 Stradale. It is powered by three electric motors and a potent V-8, and they combine to produce a staggering 986 horsepower. Serious power means seriously quick acceleration; Ferrari claims this coupe sprints from zero to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds. The SF90 Stradale is priced at more than $600,000. For the first time it will have brake by wire like the NSX. Obviously a very fast car only three times the price of a fully optioned NSX. What a bargain. Can't wait for some trolls to suggest that Ferrari needs to remove the motors so that it is more affordable. When you see what the big boys are doing it testifies to the accomplishment of Honda/Acura. Yes, the current NSX can be improved. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-stradale-hybrid-hypercar-power-specs-photos/

U[
I get it too. Why was it so hard for people to understand. Another Japanese supercar, similar to the LFA, way ahead of its time, but truly exceptional and will again repeat the common thesis; as time marches on more and more people “get it’.

It seems that many of you have chosen to order and perhaps the main reason is the lack of any real inventory to choose from. In ballpark figures, are the dealerships discounting from MSRP? Currently, I've been eyeing some fully optioned 2017's with asking prices in the $140K range. If there was reasonable discounting off of new cars, perhaps I would consider that route? (Seems like it has been a million years since I frequented/posted in NSXPrime!)

I believe that Acura is building to order, in which case they do not have to discount wildly to get rid of inventory. So while you might still get the $20k (I do not know if that discount is still viable) the dealer will probably not match that number. Again, if they don't already own the car then they do not have the same pressure to get it out the door. I think a fully optioned 2017 is going to be a bit cheaper than a lesser optioned new car. So a lot depends on how much you want those options. I also believe that because there are fewer new cars being built that the used ones will tend to depreciate at a lower rate. Good luck.

Yes, that makes sense. Slowly depreciating cars are a GOOD thing. I sold my 91 NSX around 2004 and ordered a new Ford GT in 2006. I sold the GT about 18 months ago and have been sports-car-less since and developing that itch again.

I believe the $20k from Acura is still valid on all 2020 models financed through AFS. They haven't said whether or not that will continue for the 2021s; someone else reported that the PMC has completed their run of 2020 NSXs, so there's at least the potential that they only way to get the $20k is to buy one of the ones (almost all yellow) currently sitting on dealer lots around the country.

That would put a base car with MSRP of $156k down to $136k without even negotiating. So the question is how much options are worth to you vs. the mileage/condition/risk of a used car.

To come back to kpond's original question, the reason I ordered was to be able to get exactly the configuration I wanted. If I was going to settle for a non-optimal color or set of options, then I expected a deep discount and I wasn't getting any traction with the dealerships I reached out to. In general, they weren't coming down much, if anything, off MSRP minus the factory incentive (and more than one dealer tried to quote me a firm full MSRP sale until I specifically asked about the factory incentive).

It's probably going to get repetitive, but I really highly recommend working with [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] at Acura of Fremont. He was wonderful to deal with (completely honest, very friendly, and responsive) and knows the NSX better than any other salesperson I dealt with anywhere else. He offered a fair price right out of the gate, and then made the whole buying process remarkably easy.

Back