• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Hey kpond, I'm going through a similar process at the moment. I actually tried to order a new 2020 at the beginning of September from my local Acura dealer. My order was rejected and I was told that the factory wasn't accepting any more orders for 2020's. The dealer informed me that I could just wait a few weeks and then place my order for the 2021's.

At the time, that sounded pretty good! I was happy to wait a few extra weeks in exchange for the new model year.

Fast forward to today - we're almost halfway into November and I still haven't been able to place an order. I tried again last week. Historically I've seen people on the forums comment that $10-15k off MSRP from the dealer isn't out of the question. Acura has offered the $20k-in-the-trunk finance incentive every year as well (although it seems to come-and-go depending on the season).

My dealer e-mailed me last week that he was "99% sure Acura is not going to be offering the $20k incentive on 2021 cars." That initially struck me as a bit odd considering that they've offered it every other year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get him to elaborate on how he had such high confidence. Perhaps they're introducing a Type R or a much better infotainment system? Or some other upgrade that will motivate people to buy the car without the incentive? Or perhaps they'll just reduce MSRP by $20k on the 2021's and eliminate the silly finance incentive. I have no idea.

But back to your original question - personally I thought it was a no-brainer to just order a new one. With the $20k off from Acura and another $10-15k off from the dealer, you can get a lightly specced new NSX for around the same price as the typical used inventory. I'm sure people have different perspectives on the topic but personally I'd rather have a brand new, minimally optioned 2021 with a full warranty than a 2017 with a bunch of extraneous carbon upgrades. Again, this is entirely a personal choice and I could see how some people may value the carbon bits more highly.

In the past couple of weeks I've started to consider used NSX's more seriously simply because I've gotten tired of waiting for Acura to provide information on the 2021's. First world problems, I know - "whaaaaa! - I can't order an NSX, whaaaaa!" - but for vehicles at this price point, I really do wish that Acura could provide a bit more transparency and play less games with huge incentives.

I strolled into a local Porsche dealer last week to look at a Taycan (amazing car, by the way). They were happy to offer me an allocation on a 2021, provided me with straightforward pricing, and a guaranteed me a March delivery date. I didn't pull the trigger on it (yet) but the contrast between Porsche Sales and Acura Sales was pretty stark.

Lol I think someone commented 2 years ago why were they all white...

Great points DJ Iceman. I had originally only considered an all electric or a plug-in car to replace our Chevy Bolt EV. As we looked at all our options we could not find a car we could both agree on. When my best bud Tino suggested the NSX, my wife said why not. I was in disbelief thinking she was kidding. We originally needed a car that could carry our Great Pyrenees Frankie. I told her that was mean suggesting that I could get a sports car. She said that since the NSX was electric, why not. So I then started looking. I found the Nouvelle Blue with all the options. It was stone cold love at first sight! There was no other car that I would have purchased. We did not have the time needed to order new as we had to turn in our leased car. It was cheap when compared to the Porsche turbo S All Electric. And that car was a four door which I did not want. So I think you need to find (Color/options) that blows you away and the price will be what it is. Go for it!

Speaking of... why are all the 2020s for sale yellow?

My guess is that dealerships are ordering very few "spec" NSXs just have in the showroom, and the ones that do have ordered the yellow because it was the new color for 2020. But, much like the glut of orange 2019s, the hot new color becomes a little less special when so many (granted, we're talking very few overall but still) are hanging around in that color.

So, Acura has this new color called "Long Beach Blue Pearl" that looks more like Apex Blue Pearl from the '08 S2000 CR, and they have a color on the RDX / MDX called "Apex Blue Pearl" that looks much more like Long Beach Blue Pearl from the '02 NSX.

Head scratcher...

Thanks powdbyrice

This is also the first mention I have seen of being able to order the car directly from the factory with the Trofeo R tires on it (noting the $1500 upcharge)

my question is, where's the facelift? There was a picture floading around of a refreshed rear bumper.

i'm guessing they'll wait until MY22 to coincide with the MY22 MDX that comes out in March '21.

Or will they wait 12 years like the 1st gen?

I have been trying to get in touch with my contact on these asks, and will will let you know what is doing after I speak with him

Awesome, thanks!

I actually tried to order an NSX back in early September but my order wound up being rejected because the factory wasn't accepting any more orders for 2020's. I think I may have only missed the cutoff by a day or two. I'm really hoping they don't suddenly pull back the $20k incentive on the 2021's as that'll be a deal breaker for me (and probably others as well).

my question is, where's the facelift? There was a picture floading around of a refreshed rear bumper.

i'm guessing they'll wait until MY22 to coincide with the MY22 MDX that comes out in March '21.

Or will they wait 12 years like the 1st gen?

do u have the picture of the refreshed rear? i was told this is the last year of the 1st gen and next revision is coming?

In my mind if Acura were to produce a NSX R version without the motors in front, it would require a lot of re-engineering of the car. The weight distribution would be very different without the motors and that would require moving a lot of things to regain the balance needed. I think that is the wrong direction. I am of the mindset that Acura would perhaps go another route by reducing weight with the use of more carbon fiber and other technology as well as increase the performance of the Ice engine and the electric motors. look at Ferrari and McLaren, and Porsche as well as Audi. I think many of you are stuck in the past and are resistant to what is actually happening in the automotive world. Our car is already really fast. They could make a R version that had significant improvements in performance. Of course it would be more expensive as I think most everyone expects.

Person that posted in the past who seemed to have allot of insider info said the main limitation of the NSX wasn't the ICE engine / electric motors, but was the tranny. Honda barely bumps HP if any on higher performance models. They prefer to reduce weight and tune handling.

In my mind if Acura were to produce a NSX R version without the motors in front, it would require a lot of re-engineering of the car. The weight distribution would be very different without the motors and that would require moving a lot of things to regain the balance needed. I think that is the wrong direction. I am of the mindset that Acura would perhaps go another route by reducing weight with the use of more carbon fiber and other technology as well as increase the performance of the Ice engine and the electric motors. look at Ferrari and McLaren, and Porsche as well as Audi. I think many of you are stuck in the past and are resistant to what is actually happening in the automotive world. Our car is already really fast. They could make a R version that had significant improvements in performance. Of course it would be more expensive as I think most everyone expects.
I dont know how far battery tech has come in 5 years. Do they have lighter options?

I would keep the current pricing, but make the Type-S like a $55k option, so that takes you to ~$210k. The non Type-S versions would retain the 20k incentive since they've already set that expectation and you can't lower the MSRP. Is $210k too much for a Type-S? I dunno, depends on what they do. Let's say 600-615hp, lose some weight, update interior, and some aero?

I dont know how far battery tech has come in 5 years. Do they have lighter options?

I would keep the current pricing, but make the Type-S like a $55k option, so that takes you to ~$210k. The non Type-S versions would retain the 20k incentive since they've already set that expectation and you can't lower the MSRP. Is $210k too much for a Type-S? I dunno, depends on what they do. Let's say 600-615hp, lose some weight, update interior, and some aero?

I agree with that, except that I could see Acura phasing out the $20k incentive. Maybe lower it to $10k on the 2021 models and then eliminate it completely?

A Type-S at $210k would move some units if it offered the features you describe. Heck, a regular NSX still tops $200k with all the option boxes checked, and one would think the Type-S would have to feature lots and lots of carbon fiber.

A Type-R at $250k would also tick the sales needle if it offered a significant performance upgrade even at the expense of creature comforts.

I think the problem for Acura is that the investment in any of these special models easily runs into the millions of dollars, and there's no way to make back that investment with a profit of a few tens of thousands of dollars (if that) per sale.

Thanks for that catch, now corrected

His and hers NSX, I like it

Do they have other his and hers cars?

My CEO and his wife have his and hers Bentley GT cabriolets and MB G Wagons.
They have two McLaren 720s 's, two Lamborghini Gallardo's and now will have 2 NSX'S (3 total in the family!) The NSX marketing management and the NSX factory manager sent me an email today that they are intrigued by our soon to be 3 NSX family and they are going to call me tomorrow. Can't wait to see what they have to say!

Last edited:
Nothing was available with what I wanted option wise

It seems that many of you have chosen to order and perhaps the main reason is the lack of any real inventory to choose from. In ballpark figures, are the dealerships discounting from MSRP? Currently, I've been eyeing some fully optioned 2017's with asking prices in the $140K range. If there was reasonable discounting off of new cars, perhaps I would consider that route? (Seems like it has been a million years since I frequented/posted in NSXPrime!)
We were able to get quite the deal on the 2 NSX's that are currently being built. Just purchasing another one previously didn't hurt for the negotiations! The 20K incentives were applied to both of the cars and we negotiated from there.

Any advice on where to call for new build with $30k incentive or $20k + some additional off? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back