• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

2017 should be a telling year since this would be a FULL year of selling the car activity. 2016 was a mixed case of delays and finally some sales.

In our eyes when a mfr (such as Acura) sells a car to a dealer or private party, that is counted as a sale. However when a dealer buys a car, do they get the title or just the MSO/MCO? So when they actually sell the car, that is the first owner shown on title.

Dealer just gets the MSO. It's reported sold after and that is listed as the first owner.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

FA

I am just using my bean counting background toward determining how many new cars are available for sale.

We have been using the cars.com aggregate and I believe that is incorrect.

My new approach is to take the total # of US shipments (500 as of last week) and subtract the known sold cars to determine how many new cars available for sale are out there.

No surprise that Audi sold more R8s. They have a nicely established brand for the R8, a new version of it and 2 flavors regular (hard to call and R8 regular) and plus.

Forgive me if this seems crass, but it seems like the new nsx bubble is fizzling away faster than alkeseltzer in a glass of water? I understand the car is gorgeous, and fast, and new, I want one! But ,,, I think the bubble may have burst. Furthermore, I do not think this is the saving halo car that Nissan had with the gtr due to being almost double in cost and merely matching the performance of a later model gtr which went for a more luxury approach rather than numbers.

For 200k I still wouldn't buy it. For 155k I still probably wouldn't....
I want one, but not that bad....

Lastly, I still refuse to get over the fact that Acura brought the new car to the last few nsxpo's and wouldn't let current nsx owners near them. This is the distaste that they are serving up and no one is buying that shit.

This is nothing compared to the mess Lexus made with the LFA (had to be chosen for an allocation, then 50/174 went to dealers though Lexus said this would not happen, then many of the customers dropped out, still a few brand new 2012 cars for sale).

Both are amazing cars and are appreciated by who they are appreciated by.

I have no regrets on my NSX purchase.

Sure, plenty Acura should have done to show some respect for their customers, but considering these are the folks who foisted the ZDX onto the market are we surprised.

This is nothing compared to the mess Lexus made with the LFA (had to be chosen for an allocation, then 50/174 went to dealers though Lexus said this would not happen, then many of the customers dropped out, still a few brand new 2012 cars for sale).

Both are amazing cars and are appreciated by who they are appreciated by.

I have no regrets on my NSX purchase.

Sure, plenty Acura should have done to show some respect for their customers, but considering these are the folks who foisted the ZDX onto the market are we surprised.
I totally understand B&B, I only hope Acura is listening here.... This car, "WILL NOT SAVE THEIR BRAND'....

Lastly, I still refuse to get over the fact that Acura brought the new car to the last few nsxpo's and wouldn't let current nsx owners near them.

That's not true. At nsxpo 2015 everyone was allowed near the new one and take as many photos as they wanted. We couldn't allow everyone to sit in it while on display because we had the car a week before the media and they wanted a pristine interior. However, several members had rides in it including on the track when it was being driven by Peter Cunningham.

The same is true this year at NSXPO 2016. Everyone had "access" to the new one and many received rides at Sebring.

We saw that Acura had a bad 2016.

We also know the NSX is a great car and will help brand perceptions a bit. When I picked up my car, there was a young couple taking delivery of a new MDX. The wife turned to me and said I want the white one (my car). That kind of stuff is good for Acura.

The key things now are to get a RWD platform car in the line up and to improve quality, as that has been an issue.

Then they need to get some better brand management folks in place.

That's not true. At nsxpo 2015 everyone was allowed near the new one and take as many photos as they wanted. We couldn't allow everyone to sit in it while on display because we had the car a week before the media and they wanted a pristine interior. However, several members had rides in it including on the track when it was being driven by Peter Cunningham.

The same is true this year at NSXPO 2016. Everyone had "access" to the new one and many received rides at Sebring.
This may be true. But I still think that Acura has marketing this car extremely wrong. For 200k you get what? A car that barely beats a 110k 2017 gtr with engine trim that melts on a track day? Sorry, I want to love the new nsx and I love it's looks. However, it isn't well refined for 200k. But,,, I do look forward to newer models. The overall design of the car is epic. I would pick it over a gtr any f@cking day. But for a 200,000 dollar car??? That looks like a mdx on the inside... Not so sure. We can agree to disagree. I am cool with that. Peace...

Lastly, the gtr or a 911 has infinite options to upgrade. Something the nsx has always been hindered by and looks like it will continue that trend. Which is why a rx7 bested the nsx all day long in earlier versions. Same goes with the gtr. The nsx is NOT upgradeable friendly... It never was, and continues to be....

Remember, this is a car that barely got green lighted (so corporate support is limited at best).

Porsche has dozens of variants and sells over 700 911s a month in the US.

Nissan has been a model citizen in it's support of the GTR but it ain't cheap anymore (like $115K with steel brakes) and it ain't good looking.

The NSX is a reliable Japanese low production volume mid engine supercar with a ton of tech in it.

You gotta pay for that.

Did you see that in China you gotta pony up the equivalent of $415K US for one?

Last edited:
Remember, this is a car that barely got green lighted (so corporate support is limited at best).

Porsche has dozens of variants and sells over 700 911s a month in the US.

Nissan has been a model citizen in it's support of the GTR but it ain't cheap anymore (like $120K with steel brakes) and it ain't good looking.

The NSX is a reliable Japanese low production volume mid engine supercar with a ton of tech in it.

You gotta pay for that.

Did you see that in China you gotta pony up the equivalent of $415K US for one?
I understand guys. I just wish guys like me weren't priced out. We can get soooo much more for very less money.
But anyhow, I enjoy cool minded people here that allow open discussion. Thanks for understanding my posts.

I am with you

I have been moaning that an oil change for my S2000 was $12 (not a typo) and I am hoping the NSX oil change will only be $500.

I honestly think that if the dealers and Honda stop fucking around, these cars would move at msrp all day long. Which is what I find comical. Bob, aka RSO 34 dealt with the same bullshit in is early day nsx purchase. Yet here we are praising a 200k plus car that gets it's ass kicked by a 115k Nissan. I will agree, it is much more prettier, but come on !!! This a 200,000 dollar car!!! Yet you drive it to an Acura dealer to get serviced and that is if they have the means to service it?WTF?
I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say that the new car is amazing, but then everything else that follows is bullocks....

Last edited:
Lastly, the gtr or a 911 has infinite options to upgrade. Something the nsx has always been hindered by and looks like it will continue that trend. Which is why a rx7 bested the nsx all day long in earlier versions. Same goes with the gtr. The nsx is NOT upgradeable friendly... It never was, and continues to be....

Nothing to do with the fact that the RX7 was half the cost?

...and just like when the original came out, the overwhelming majority of these are red or black...with a few whites (& blues) thrown in.

Not true on the white or black at all.
Latest data on colors ordered.
All reds 37%
All whites 32%
Black 13%
Blue 9%
Silver 8%
Nord 1%

Not true on the white or black at all.
Latest data on colors ordered.
All reds 37%
All whites 32%
Black 13%
Blue 9%
Silver 8%
Nord 1%

Well, it just seemed otherwise... :)

That being said, in MY opinion:

Red - too many in this color
White - love it, but everyone else seems to as well
Black - this color 'loses' some of the cars lines, a PITA to keep black clean too
Blue - nice & different, it's growing on me
Silver - currently my first choice...love it
Nord - Hmmm...the jury is still out on this one

I want 'different' than the masses...

I dont know why acura wasted paint on Nord gray. Orange or yellow or purple would have been much better. That said, I guess they have to save something for the midcycle refresh.

Nord is a blend of color and being on the darker side dose not pop ...but it is still interesting...

Back