• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Since coming on this forum, I've read (and writtten) quite a few gripes about the new car. But this is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most preposterous one I've seen by a long shot.

Please tell me that you're not even remotely serious expecting any dealership of any brand to keep a limited production very expensive flagship model on hand just to use as a loaner car.

What about Ford GT owners ahhahahah

Cars aside, dealers DO NOT OWE you a rental just because your car is in for service. I think the general rule is if the car is in for a "big" warranty job they (including Mercedes, BMW, Lexus) will give you a rental car. Recently when we brought our new M3 in for service, we got a 3-series and later an i3 by request just for fun kicks. But we don't request or expect a loaner especially if it's for a repair job that is not under warranty. Dealers simply do not need to do this.

As always if you are looking at fair comparisons, look towards McLaren and Ferrari / Lambo. Last time we heard they do NOT provide free cars and most certainly not an "equal" loaner. In some cases if you have a good reputation as a excellent customer they may accommodate you on a case by case basis.

The only car marque that has awesome service is Lexus. Even they won't provide loaners to everyone who brings the car in for service.

That is not my intention at all,Maternsxtech of early. But you tell me, if I have a 200k nsx and it needs a week worth of work, what will you put me in? A highly coveted Mdx? Please do not make me laugh that hard...

I'm pretty sure most people would gladly take an MDX or an RLX as a loaner. Believe it or not, while they don't have Alcantara and carbon fiber trim, they are far more luxurious to drive than the NSX. And far more luxurious than anything you'd get if I gave a voucher to go get a car from Hertz or Enterprise.

But hey. Good luck with your....Hyundai.

I'm pretty sure most people would gladly take an MDX or an RLX as a loaner. Believe it or not, while they don't have Alcantara and carbon fiber trim, they are far more luxurious to drive than the NSX. And far more luxurious than anything you'd get if I gave a voucher to go get a car from Hertz or Enterprise.

But hey. Good luck with your....Hyundai.
I will, thank you.
Matter of fact, my mdx is collecting dust already because its a slow ass Honda that gets terrible gas milage.

When dealers provide loaners, the cost of doing so is ultimately borne by customers one way or another. Not everyone needs or wants a loaner (let alone a fancy one); if a dealer is to give loaners "as a courtesy" to those who do, the cost gets spread out over all the customers.

Anyhow, If I got a loaner car I'd be happy as long as it was clean and reliable.

the labor costs for brands that provide loners are higher than those that don't....so they are not free....

WTF

The thread is now on rentals cars..,
How totally stupid.

There are those:

Who can't afford it and want to give you all the reasons why you shouldn't buy it.

Who can afford it and have done so.

Who believe the NSX market will crash, or wish it would.

Who now worry about rental cars! (Like their daily commuter needed service... just grab one of the others in your stable.)

Who live in the past (circa 1990's)

I believe it's a boutique market. Those who want it will buy it. Those who don't, won't.

Mass market on vehicles by the manufacture will not make or break this micro mini marketplace. And, visa versa.

I bought one.
I have close to 2k miles. I have a day of real track time.
It exceeds all my expectations.
And, I have never, ever worried about "the type of rental car".

It would be nice to get back to topic... what was it???!
Oh, Production deliveries..,
An out of date thread???
(Since there are so many out thee "unsold" , Who cares?)
Kill the Thread

Thought you were concerned about resale.
he's only concerned with his post tally by looking at some of the comments here.
as I mentioned there are just a lot of other cars to compete with nowadays it doesn't make the car a flop in anyway its just a tough market to compete in, if I owned one I would be happy with it, we just cant get our hands on one yet since we are a small market so have to wait our turn

My real concern is:
If you bring your $200k car in for service, do you get better snacks in the waiting room or do you have to eat the same shit as the poor people bringing in their $50k cars?

I think people are completely missing my point. It is not about rental cars. It is about the rest of the Acura line up which is outdated, underpowered, and over priced. Just like the nsx.
I find it truely amazing that people who actually work for Acura post here trying to undermine the fact that the nsx is a twin turbo mdx with electric motors and is worth 200k.
For people who bought it and enjoy it, I am glad. As I mentioned, I will wai till the bubble bursts and maybe puck one up. Maybe...
Lastly, just becuase some people cannot afford a certain car, should not make them a mute on a discussion forum.
The car does look spectacular all roped off to the public next to a TLX though.

That's all, I will move on to better threads and let you guys get back to your topic which should be private and not for the poor, like me.

My real concern is:
If you bring your $200k car in for service, do you get better snacks in the waiting room or do you have to eat the same shit as the poor people bringing in their $50k cars?
I'll let you know on Saturday when I take my TSX in for its next free oil change. I just hope I get an MDX loaner.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you have something thoughtful & on topic to contribute, great.
If you don't then just read it for pleasure.
6 months ago this thread was important to me. Now that the availability is not an issue (at least according to what you read here) it's significance has been reduced.
I tune in to see what the most current availability is, not what treats the dealer gives out, or what rental car you might get.

stay on topic

Okay guys, on to a lighter note. No more bashing. I am cool with everyone's posts. New nsx owners please enjoy.

My understanding is that the unsold NSX's on showroom floors are being held back as future loaners for folks changing oil in their MDX's, in hopes that soccer moms will fall in love with the versatility and cargo capacity of the NSX.

I'm with [MENTION=33131]TDUDER[/MENTION], this thread has gotten silly. For the record, if I get a loaner at all, I always want an *interesting* car and not the same car as I am dropping for service. What would be the point of that? I've not driven an RLX and would love to try one for a day or two.

I will not even respond to that Chris... Because Bob and the mods will just delete my reply. Like they have been doing...

I think they are desperately trying to save the 50k dollars you lost last year.

Back