• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

the FINA tribute takes some of the ugly out of the senna. i'm not a fan of the senna in solid colors. jedi mind trick or something.

the same guy owns the senna, the aperta, and the blue gt2rs. best part is he drives them all. no trailer queens.

YONLY65, because_race_wife, and racepooch on instagram. the dog has a better seat than all of us.

Thanks for connecting the dots.

I have seen a bunch of posts about this guy and his yellow Ferrari syndrome.

Good to be a high ranking Google exec.

To me the Senna is all about how much of a track experience car they could produce and be road legal. I have read that it is too loud inside to really be useful on the street. There is a dark green one on the web that looks good to me.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...n-the-united-states-make-you-green-with-envy/

the FINA tribute takes some of the ugly out of the senna. i'm not a fan of the senna in solid colors. jedi mind trick or something.

the same guy owns the senna, the aperta, and the blue gt2rs. best part is he drives them all. no trailer queens.

YONLY65, because_race_wife, and racepooch on instagram. the dog has a better seat than all of us.

The Senna is horrendous, the P1 GTR looks so much better, sadly it is not street legal.

600 LT will do it...

That Pagani Huayra.....*drool*

Shmee also received his Senna

Nice blue spec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlEjIEfn9JQ

Something is fishy about this guy's story

I have been watching him since he was early into vlogging

I have a hard time believing he is generating enough coin by clicks and merch to pay for the fleet he has.

I have to believe the Senna and Ford GT he took delivery of this week were over $1.5 million for the pair.

Plus he has a bunch of other stuff.

If I were to venture a guess, I would say some of the manufacturers are throwing him friendly offers (like take the car for 6 months and then give it back).

For example, he had an M5, a couple of new Astons, a Porsche GT3 and some of those cars came and went fast.

Senna is a ridiculous collector car IMO. I would much rather have a 720s that I can actually drive every day. In fact the track day comparisons favor the 720s in some ways. Same goes for the P1. The 720s Spider is going to put a real hurt on both the P1 and the Senna. Although if you're buying the Senna you're not really worried as you'll just buy the 720s also. I need to start rethinking how I make money. lol.

Wow. That Honda CR-Z is the true collector's car ;)

The next painful summary

NSX 17
R8 79
AMG-GT 136
GT-R 25
Ford GT 1 (I have to believe they built a bunch of cars for ex-US markets)
Lexus LC 152

B&B, I believe the worst part of all is the 2018 annual total...170 cars!! Without question, this demonstrates the NSX is considered irrelevant to the consumers at-large. Again, as many have pointed out, the car could be a success but due to Acura's perpetual arrogance and short sightedness, it is being shunned by consumers. This is really sad....

Agreed

I wish Honda had blamed the fail on Turd and publicly showed him the door

Relevant or not the car is so much fun for us owners

I had mine out today

Nice light traffic with many folks not back to work, lots of passing folks this morning and changing lanes, good times

I am a long term person, looking forward to cars and coffee in another 10 years, let's see how many McLaren 2017 570S cars are running every day in 2029

B&B, I believe the worst part of all is the 2018 annual total...170 cars!! Without question, this demonstrates the NSX is considered irrelevant to the consumers at-large. Again, as many have pointed out, the car could be a success but due to Acura's perpetual arrogance and short sightedness, it is being shunned by consumers. This is really sad....

I don't know if it matter though. I personally am glad this is the case as it keep the car very unique (I have only seen one other one and I live/work in Newport Beach, the home ridiculously commonplace exotics). I get nothing but thumbs ups on the daily while the R8s, AMG-GTs sitting next to me at the light go completely unnoticed. Plus I get to have the car at a huge discount while the perception is that I overpaid for it. Also great. If the alternative is that the car is super popular and I have to pay over sticker for it, then I prefer the current climate.

Unless you bought the car as an investment (lol) then we all have every reason to be very happy with how things have panned out. Honestly I don't even think Honda is ready for more owners given the back-log of service appointment availability at every dealership.

With that said, Honda is really between a rock and a hard place with this car. On the one hand they could keep going as is with $150k base sticker and a not-very-well-publicized incentive, or they could reduce the price of the car to like $110k and risk pissing off every single very loyal customer who bought at sticker or in many cases higher. So unless they were going to cut all current owners a big check (pigs fly) I don't think they have a choice at this point other than to cease production after 2019. Type R will only be more expensive and likely sell even less.

I don't know if it matter though. I personally am glad this is the case as it keep the car very unique (I have only seen one other one and I live/work in Newport Beach, the home ridiculously commonplace exotics). I get nothing but thumbs ups on the daily while the R8s, AMG-GTs sitting next to me at the light go completely unnoticed. Plus I get to have the car at a huge discount while the perception is that I overpaid for it. Also great. If the alternative is that the car is super popular and I have to pay over sticker for it, then I prefer the current climate.

Unless you bought the car as an investment (lol) then we all have every reason to be very happy with how things have panned out. Honestly I don't even think Honda is ready for more owners given the back-log of service appointment availability at every dealership.

With that said, Honda is really between a rock and a hard place with this car. On the one hand they could keep going as is with $150k base sticker and a not-very-well-publicized incentive, or they could reduce the price of the car to like $110k and risk pissing off every single very loyal customer who bought at sticker or in many cases higher. So unless they were going to cut all current owners a big check (pigs fly) I don't think they have a choice at this point other than to cease production after 2019. Type R will only be more expensive and likely sell even less.

I did buy the car partially as an investment and I'm still ok with these sales numbers. Rarity is a good thing. I really hope they don't drop the price. I'd much rather they stop production

So does sales volume determine success of a car???? How many LaFerrari's are built?? 10? Are they a failure??? The Gen 1 cars only sold 2-300 cars per year yet they are revered. (I've never driven one) So the NSX only sold 180 in 2018 so it's a failure? Not sure that is a fair way to evaluate any car. There are too many factors involved. I buy cars out of passion, with a secondary emphasis on appreciation potential. Through the decades I've done well on car appreciation, but it takes time. You have to buy something that moves you, and if over the long haul it appreciates, then it's icing on the cake. It's a win win if you buy the car that gives you pleasure. When I bought my NSX, I decided to be in it for the long haul and not get upset as the car goes through it's normal depreciation cycle. I struggle with how many miles to drive it knowing that if you drive the hell out of it you depreciate it, but if you don't drive it, what's the point??? I saw a 2005 red Ford GT go past the auction block with 2 miles on it...... SAD!!!! What's the point? It becomes a commodity. I drove my NSX 1800 miles in the first year, hoping to do 2500 in 2019...... It's a fine balance between enjoyment and preservation of value. And yes, the low volume will help the car's value someday, maybe 20 years from now (Dear God, I'll be 80 in 20 years......) I'm a bit envious of the guys that leased the car and are driving them 7500 miles per year.......

I think it's tough to predict and buy a car on the basis of potential appreciation. Lots of failures on this theme. Sometimes it's just dumb luck. How many guys that bought a 1965 Shelby for $4500 back in the day, ever dreamed it would someday bring multiple $100's of thousands of dollars? Or a Cobra or Hemi Cuda, etc. Remember the 1978 Corvette Anniversary Specials? Guys bought hundreds if not thousands of them and put them on blocks, planning to reap huge profits in the future. Today they are plentiful with 2 miles and not worth much......

Buy it drive it and enjoy it. If you could afford to buy one, you can afford to enjoy it. (or so I keep telling myself)

As I've said a hundred times, I think it's a great and unique car, not for everyone but good for me!!!

Last edited:
At this point, I'm just gonna hope that production ends sooner rather than later. 2019 shows some promise with the few changes, but I'm gonna go all in and wish for exclusivity. The fewer that are made from here on out, the better IMO.

NSX878, I'm glad you are enjoying your Gen2 NSX. The point of noting the total yearly sales is that a newly introduced car should have a robust sales number upon release (and shortly thereafter) and then trickle off as desire diminishes. I won't go into the numbers, but the Gen1 sold somewhere over a thousand the first two (maybe three years). Sure in the end, Gen1 sales declined. But this new NSX is abysmal at too early an age. I appreciate a number of you talking about enjoying the rarity of the car. I get it, but when time comes to repair or source parts, it will be difficult for I doubt Honda/Acura will have the appetite to continue support for a car that few desire. Also finding qualified individuals to service such rare vehicle will become worse than it is now (see DocL's posts about the misery he's been going through right now!). Your point of it being a good car for you, but not for everyone is the key issue. It should have a greater scope interest, not a small subset to ensure its longevity and continued manufacturer support.Finally, comparing the NSX to a LaFerrari is a bit unfair. Comparison to a 488 is more appropriate. Personally, I buy cars to enjoy not as an investment. Consequently, I like the sense of ease of access to technical talent and parts, both I fear will decline rapidly soon as the interest in this car wanes even more.

So does sales volume determine success of a car???? How many LaFerrari's are built?? 10? Are they a failure??? The Gen 1 cars only sold 2-300 cars per year yet they are revered. (I've never driven one) So the NSX only sold 180 in 2018 so it's a failure? Not sure that is a fair way to evaluate any car. There are too many factors involved. I buy cars out of passion, with a secondary emphasis on appreciation potential. Through the decades I've done well on car appreciation, but it takes time. You have to buy something that moves you, and if over the long haul it appreciates, then it's icing on the cake. It's a win win if you buy the car that gives you pleasure. When I bought my NSX, I decided to be in it for the long haul and not get upset as the car goes through it's normal depreciation cycle. I struggle with how many miles to drive it knowing that if you drive the hell out of it you depreciate it, but if you don't drive it, what's the point??? I saw a 2005 red Ford GT go past the auction block with 2 miles on it...... SAD!!!! What's the point? It becomes a commodity. I drove my NSX 1800 miles in the first year, hoping to do 2500 in 2019...... It's a fine balance between enjoyment and preservation of value. And yes, the low volume will help the car's value someday, maybe 20 years from now (Dear God, I'll be 80 in 20 years......) I'm a bit envious of the guys that leased the car and are driving them 7500 miles per year.......

I think it's tough to predict and buy a car on the basis of potential appreciation. Lots of failures on this theme. Sometimes it's just dumb luck. How many guys that bought a 1965 Shelby for $4500 back in the day, ever dreamed it would someday bring multiple $100's of thousands of dollars? Or a Cobra or Hemi Cuda, etc. Remember the 1978 Corvette Anniversary Specials? Guys bought hundreds if not thousands of them and put them on blocks, planning to reap huge profits in the future. Today they are plentiful with 2 miles and not worth much......

Buy it drive it and enjoy it. If you could afford to buy one, you can afford to enjoy it. (or so I keep telling myself)

As I've said a hundred times, I think it's a great and unique car, not for everyone but good for me!!!

Having sales not meet the business plan is a sign of failure. Ferrari sold all the fixed roof and Aperta versions of their LaFerrari so that was a success.

Poor resale value is a sign of failure (I don't think that is really the issue here). The last I looked secondary sales prices for LaFerraris have been the strongest of the 3 hypercars of it's period (P1 and 918 being the other 2).

The NSX is not a failure to me because I enjoy mine and have over 9000 miles on it in 2 years and a couple of months.

But the truth is, lots of folks who could buy it are choosing something else, generally speaking a faster, lighter more customizable car like Ferrari, Lambo or McLaren.

I will also be 80 in 20 years so we can do wheel chair races together.

The NC1 NSX will likely end up being one of the rarest supercars, and (if they keep extending the new Ford GT production numbers) the rarest U.S.-made supercar from a major manufacturer. As of now, there are more of the 2004-2006 Ford GTs built (4,038) than the NSX, and it is doubtful that the NSX will ever get close enough to it production numbers-wise if the current numbers hold.

The same goes for (numbers are approximate and derived from a few minutes of online research):

Lamborghini
Aventador (8000+)
Huracan (10,000+)
Gallardo (14,022)
Murcielago (4,099)

Ferrari 488 (4500+)
458 (~15,000)
430 (~20,000)
360 (~16,000)

McLaren:
720S (4,000+)
570S (? but way more than the NSX)
650S (~3,000)
MP4-12C (~3,500)

Aston Martin
DB11 (5,000+)
Vantage (16,000+)
Vanquish (2,589- we may pass them!)

Some of these numbers surprised me when I looked them up, to be honest. I knew the new NSX was going to be a rare car, but to see so many more examples of other MUCH more expensive cars really strikes me.

Enjoy those NC1s, they really are something special.

Last edited:
Having sales not meet the business plan is a sign of failure. Ferrari sold all the fixed roof and Aperta versions of their LaFerrari so that was a success.

Poor resale value is a sign of failure (I don't think that is really the issue here). The last I looked secondary sales prices for LaFerraris have been the strongest of the 3 hypercars of it's period (P1 and 918 being the other 2).

The NSX is not a failure to me because I enjoy mine and have over 9000 miles on it in 2 years and a couple of months.

But the truth is, lots of folks who could buy it are choosing something else, generally speaking a faster, lighter more customizable car like Ferrari, Lambo or McLaren.

I will also be 80 in 20 years so we can do wheel chair races together.

Well, it was not my intention to create a La Ferrari controversy! I was just making a point to absurdity. I will concede that if you set out to build 10 $3million cars and sell all 10, then you consider that a success. I was trying to make the point that sales #'s alone are not necessarily indicative of failure. As we have all discussed, there are dozens of reasons why the NSX is viewed as a failure. I think the failures are more related to marketing, pricing, time to market, etc. than the fact that the car itself is a failure.

When I look at the car in the garage, or drive it, the word failure never enters my mind. Same goes for the reactions I get out and about or at the local car show.....

And yes, parts and servicing could be an issue years down the road. Low production can be good or bad. Time will tell..... A reason many supercars get sold with low miles. But many of us are banking on good old Honda reliability. I have also always believed that Honda wanted to keep HP at a reasonable level, as higher HP increases stress and potential for breaking engine parts. At the end of the day, the NSX is just a car..... I think finding someone to work on the engine will not be a problem down the road. Acura losing interest in the car 10 years from could certainly be a possibility. Guess we'll find out.

And BTW, I will likely never be a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or McLaren owner...... Just not my gig..... GT3 or GT3RS possibly, but not sure it will ever be in my financial reach.

B & B, see you at the wheelchair races in 20 years, hopefully not sooner.....

Last edited:
The NC1 NSX will likely end up being one of the rarest supercars, and (if they keep extending the new Ford GT production numbers) the rarest U.S.-made supercar from a major manufacturer. As of now, there are more of the 2004-2006 Ford GTs built (4,038) than the NSX, and it is doubtful that the NSX will ever get close enough to it production numbers-wise if the current numbers hold.

The same goes for (numbers are approximate and derived from a few minutes of online research):

Lamborghini
Aventador (8000+)
Huracan (10,000+)
Gallardo (14,022)
Murcielago (4,099)

Ferrari 488 (4500+)
458 (~15,000)
430 (~20,000)
360 (~16,000)

McLaren:
720S (4,000+)
570S (? but way more than the NSX)
650S (~3,000)
MP4-12C (~3,500)

Aston Martin
DB11 (5,000+)
Vantage (16,000+)
Vanquish (2,589- we may pass them!)

Some of these numbers surprised me when I looked them up, to be honest. I knew the new NSX was going to be a rare car, but to see so many more examples of other MUCH more expensive cars really strikes me.

Enjoy those NC1s, they really are something special.

Thanks for the numbers.... Astounding really. How can some of these cars hold value long term with those high production numbers???
The NSX, both Gen 1 & 2 certainly look rare in comparison. I would never have imagined the Ferrari numbers to be that high.

Thanks for the numbers.... Astounding really. How can some of these cars hold value long term with those high production numbers???
The NSX, both Gen 1 & 2 certainly look rare in comparison. I would never have imagined the Ferrari numbers to be that high.
agree.........
you then have a car like the Maserati Gran Turismo (one of the most beautiful cars on the road/exotic look/pretty good reliability) with a prodution run similar to Lambo Gallardo
that can be had for 35k :eek:

Last edited:
Back