• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

My BIL’s car has had zero problems. He did updated turbos, bov’s, downpipes, and a Mclaren tune. Me, I wouldn’t touch a thing on it but he’s drunk with power. Been there myself, never again unless I am a damn stunt driver. But the looks department, Mclaren brings the heat. Lambo look like candy corn wedges.:biggrin:

You got it all wrong Jinks. The NC1 is the greatest Supercar out there now. They can’t keep them on the showroom floor, and they are sold out until 2021. Better get your deposit down now or you may miss out on one the best cars ever. At least that’s what some of the employees of Acura want you to believe.
Fuck Acura. I will say it here. It’s a lame car company holding on by a thread. You know how I feel about it. As I noted many posts ago, it is following the footsteps of Pontiac and the Nsx is the GTO....

Fuck Acura. I will say it here. It’s a lame car company holding on by a thread. You know how I feel about it. As I noted many posts ago, it is following the footsteps of Pontiac and the Nsx is the GTO....

I would say a better comparison would be with Saturn. They made those plastic cars and that ugly roadster.

the Sky-stice? lol.

Exterior wise, its hard to beat McL.

Interior wise, its miles of alcantara, CF, and a kindle tablet stuck to the dash.

Still beats a Deawoo leganza.

^^^^^
*raises hand* I do....looks properly exotic to me. Now would I buy one...hell, no. Reliability issues, horrid depreciation, and the nearest Mac dealer 350 miles away make a McLaren a no-go for me. Nearest Acura dealer to me...3 miles, close enough for a cheap Uber to either work or home.

^^^^^
*raises hand* I do....looks properly exotic to me. Now would I buy one...hell, no. Reliability issues, horrid depreciation, and the nearest Mac dealer 350 miles away make a McLaren a no-go for me. Nearest Acura dealer to me...3 miles, close enough for a cheap Uber to either work or home.

I couldn’t agree more about the Uber to either home or work. It sure beats driving a base ILX with no gas when you drop off a $206k NSX.

Looks like a Saddle interior to me.

You are correct--they updated the website (although, strangely, the brake calipers still don't match the description). And I spoke with a salesman there who confirmed the saddle interior, which is a deal-breaker for me. I do have to say, though, I am impressed with the dealership. The salesman was competent and polite, and didn't put on any kind of hard sell when I said saddle was a no-go. He did mention they had an orange 2019 on the lot which they were not discounting, but that was it. Then I got follow-up e-mails from the salesman, the sales manager, and the general manager thanking me for my interest and offering to help in the future. They were partially robo-mails, but also clearly personalized to me and my situation.

And so the hunt continues...

Be careful Jinks. Some of the boys who wear pantyhose here may get upset at this post and flag it for removal. But I guess since you love the NC1 that there is no chance of that happening.

You are correct--they updated the website (although, strangely, the brake calipers still don't match the description). And I spoke with a salesman there who confirmed the saddle interior, which is a deal-breaker for me. I do have to say, though, I am impressed with the dealership. The salesman was competent and polite, and didn't put on any kind of hard sell when I said saddle was a no-go. He did mention they had an orange 2019 on the lot which they were not discounting, but that was it. Then I got follow-up e-mails from the salesman, the sales manager, and the general manager thanking me for my interest and offering to help in the future. They were partially robo-mails, but also clearly personalized to me and my situation.

And so the hunt continues...
no discount on an orange? wtf? the 2020s are going to be available soon. move that shit. we're willing to whore ours out. the monthly flooring cost sucks.

I did mention to the salesman and each level of management that if they were willing to discount the 2019 orange car to the same level as the 2018 black one, I'd be on the next flight to Dallas to pick it up. No takers so far...

Be careful Jinks. Some of the boys who wear pantyhose here may get upset at this post and flag it for removal. But I guess since you love the NC1 that there is no chance of that happening.
Ya’ll can kiss my ass.:rolleyes: Candy coat this car all you want in different colors. It’s already dated, nobody is buying it, it looks generic, they don’t know it’s own issues at factory level, but prices are low!!!! BUY IT NOW!!! Crazy Eddie Nsx prices!

Last edited:
I did mention to the salesman and each level of management that if they were willing to discount the 2019 orange car to the same level as the 2018 black one, I'd be on the next flight to Dallas to pick it up. No takers so far...
yeah, that's not feasible. realistically you're looking at ~35k off MSRP depending on the features.

Ya’ll can kiss my ass.:rolleyes: Candy coat this car all you want in different colors. It’s already dated, nobody is buying it, it looks generic, they don’t know it’s own issues at factory level, but prices are low!!!! BUY IT NOW!!! Crazy Eddie Nsx prices!

I loved Crazy Eddie. We had a store near where I grew up. My father knew the store manager and told us to read the SKU tag to know the lowest price they would take.

I am fascinated with McLaren's return to the market and rapid evolution.

I wander over to McLaren Life once in a while to become more grounded.

For example, multiple folks having windshields break without any contact. McLaren points to the glass supplier.

One guy had an oil leak issue. Dealer says you put on an aftermarket exhaust and then put the original back. McLaren says warranty voided. Now the guy is trying to sort things out between the dealer wanting a big payment for their diagnostic work and the uphill battle of trying to get the warranty back in force. And then there is the guy whose car started throwing air bag codes with a little over 100 miles on it.

Seriously disheartening.

The whole windshield dabacle is just nuts. It's been happening on other models too, 12C, 650S. And now a ton of them on the 720, 570 and 600. Not just a car delivered with a bad windshield, but cars going through several bad windshields one after the other. Not just windshields too, but the sunroof panels on the 720s. And you're lucky if it shows up right away, some guys get some miles before they crack. It's all speculation, but it sounds like it's a fitment/chassis issue and not a glass issue.

Then there have been several aftersale/warranty horror stories like that. I'm not an aftermarket parts guy, but for little shit like exhausts that is ridiculous. They should be bending over backwards to make clients happy.

Finally, the cars that have burned down, and the subsequent treatment of their owners, has been really sad to say the least.

I considered myself a pretty big mclaren fan, but I don't think mclaren ownership is going to be anywhere in my near future. Hopefully in a few more years they'll have the kinks worked out, who knows.

Seriously disheartening.

The whole windshield dabacle is just nuts. It's been happening on other models too, 12C, 650S. And now a ton of them on the 720, 570 and 600. Not just a car delivered with a bad windshield, but cars going through several bad windshields one after the other. Not just windshields too, but the sunroof panels on the 720s. And you're lucky if it shows up right away, some guys get some miles before they crack. It's all speculation, but it sounds like it's a fitment/chassis issue and not a glass issue.

Then there have been several aftersale/warranty horror stories like that. I'm not an aftermarket parts guy, but for little shit like exhausts that is ridiculous. They should be bending over backwards to make clients happy.

Finally, the cars that have burned down, and the subsequent treatment of their owners, has been really sad to say the least.

I considered myself a pretty big mclaren fan, but I don't think mclaren ownership is going to be anywhere in my near future. Hopefully in a few more years they'll have the kinks worked out, who knows.

Regarding the Mac glass issue. I had a friend trade his R8 V10 Plus for a 570s. Within a month rear windshield cracked. They replaced it, but only to crack again. They gave him another 570s and it was plagued with stupid electrical problems. I think he got locked out of the car and couldn't get it open with the remote key. He went with a Huracan 580. He says will never touch a Mac again. I think they churn out too many models anyway. None really become special.

Last edited:
June 2019 US Sales Data

Not a great month for the industry

NSX 19 (that is bad, but not news)
R8 62
GT-R 30
LC 89
AMG GT 374 (noting the 4 door in the data)

Seriously disheartening.

Regarding the Mac glass issue. I had a friend trade his R8 V10 Plus for a 570s. Within a month rear windshield cracked. They replaced it, but only to crack again. They gave him another 570s and it was plagued with stupid electrical problems. I think he got locked out of the car and couldn't get it open with the remote key. He went with a Huracan 580. He says will never touch a Mac again. I think they churn out too many models anyway. None really become special.
This is why I went with the NSX. I gave the 570 a long hard look, but the more I read about it the more I thought no way. Mainly the key issue. Plus other electrical gremlins - seats, nav, radio, windows, etc. How do you have confidence for a road trip or just a long drive knowing you could be locked out or it wouldn't start because the car doesn't recognize the key? The whole glass issue is crazy too. Sounds like the 720 is much better for electrical issues yet that's a whole different price point.

The update

Yellow confirmed, not andaro, no other colors in or out
Your horn may sound different
2020s to start in October
2 2019 Nord Grays are being built
Last 2 batches of cars were all customer ordered
A mobility version being done for a recently injured racer
Trunk money expected to sunset

The update

Sounds like there are some major improvements to increase sales.

The update

I’d like to see a Nord Gray. Think it’s the only one I haven’t seen in person. Looks good in pics.

No current color is being axed to make room for the yellow.
He had not heard about the Ferrari SF90, so I had a nice chance to outline how Ferrari took the NSX drivetrain playbook and added a lot of steroids.
He has seen the YouTuber who purchased a wrecked NSX. Apparently, Acura will not sell frame pieces as they want cars damaged in that way back to PMC for repairs. they usually have one car at PMC being rebuilt and noted that it takes a lot of time.
Still expecting an NSX in an upcoming FNF movie.
No nav changes, no nose lift or electric folding mirrors coming.
No Type R.
They were happy with recent racing outcomes, F1 win, Weathertech race win, good showing at Pike's Peak. He also mentioned that they are in their first year of the Blancpain GT series.
No solid info on other new models. A coupe is expected.
They are interested in seeing how the PMC TLX sells. The first one is going to Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City because they are the number 1 NSX sales dealership (who Knew). Oakland Acura is number 2 in NSX sales (that makes sense as there is so much dough in the Bay Area).

Last edited:
No current color is being axed to make room for the yellow.
He had not heard about the Ferrari SF90, so I had a nice chance to outline how Ferrari took the NSX drivetrain playbook and added a lot of steroids.
He has seen the YouTuber who purchased a wrecked NSX. Apparently, Acura will not sell frame pieces as they want cars damaged in that way back to PMC for repairs. they usually have one car at PMC being rebuilt and noted that it takes a lot of time.
Still expecting an NSX in an upcoming FNF movie.
No nav changes, lift for electric folding mirrors coming.
No Type R.
They were happy with recent racing outcomes, F1 win, Weathertech race win, good showing at Pike's Peak. He also mentioned that they are in their first year of the Blancpain GT series.
No solid info on other new models. A coupe is expected.
They are interested in seeing how the PMC TLX sells. The first one is going to Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City because they are the number 1 NSX sales dealership (who Knew). Oakland Acura is number 2 in NSX sales (that makes sense as there is so much dough in the Bay Area).
It doesnt. In overall new car sales, they're 4th or 5th out of 9 in the Bay Area. However, they tend to order NSXs with few options.

Lift and/or power folding mirrors?

Back