• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

This line ("The layout would be loosely reminiscent of the recently-departed BMW i8: an internal combustion engine aft of the cabin, and two electric motors powering the front wheels.") loses the author's credibility for me. Why compare it to a failed, obviously non-performance vehicle rather than the seemingly much more similar NSX?

And the i8 had one electric motor driving the front wheels, not two.

chip shortage as well....there will be catch-up ^ in april may...

January 2021 US new car sales

NSX 6

February 2021 US new car sales

NSX 4, wow this is bad

Bad, that's laughable. But the car is great as everyone says.

What are the numbers for the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche, McLaren? I'm sure they all sold more than ten cars the first two months.

So how much longer does the NC1 stay on?

What is the daily capacity of PMC surely 4 NSX's could be built in one day if so what do they do for the rest of the month.

What is the daily capacity of PMC surely 4 NSX's could be built in one day if so what do they do for the rest of the month.

Obviously it takes far more than a day for an NSX to go from bare metal to completed car. I think if they were operating at full two-shift capacity they could *maybe* get up to a rhythm of completing four per day.

+1 car runs through the line and offline production stations take much longer than a day.

To put the scope of NSX component assembly into perspective, one must view 2017 Acura NSX from the pre-automated-rotisserie-jig-welded frame component up --There’s a lot to the beast. Manufacturing NSX takes no less than 10 days in production for one Acura NSX supercar to make it to final dyno and rain-room weather testing

https://www.torquenews.com/1574/inside-acura-s-nsx-performance-manufacturing-center-video

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/37499/

The NSX is all about quality, technology and attention to detail catered towards low-volume production. The weekly plan is simple: slowly build 8-10 units per day for a 4-day/10-hour work week.

How bout them engines though :

The Honda Anna engine plant is about an hour west of Marysville. There, they make around 1.1-million engines per year (4,800 per day), give or take a hundred thousand or so. The 3.5-liter twin turbo V6 is built in a special skunkworks section of the Anna plant, where master builders assemble the engine, dyno it, and then attach the transmission and send it to the PMC.

An average engine build takes five to six hours and is confirmed by Visual Operations Screens above each workstation that shows what goes where. If there are parts left over, somebody didn’t do their job properly.

After the completed build, and a three-hour curing period for liquid-style sealing to settle, the 3.5-liter Twin Turbo V6 is prepped for a simulated 150-mile break-in period so the car is ultimately broken in for the customer from the first push of the ignition button.

My recollection was a max production target of 6-8 cars per day (might have been 4 days a week)

It was something like 13 days from start of production to a car rolling off the line

When my car was built in 2016 post production QC was also lengthy, but without a fixed duration

Big congrats! Mine is a few months behind - supposedly July production.

Looking forward to pics.

On a side note, do dealers wash the car during PDI? Hopefully they know about no wax/sealant. I was tempted to tell mine not to wash it but just unwrap everything. Then again, I don't want to find paint blemish after I get home if they don't properly wash/clean.

They started making mine I believe. So it sounds like they are making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks and likewise!

Anyone know what key milestone updates are provided during the build process outside of the manufacturing document. It only takes ~15 days to build so totally get if it’s no updates until it’s done but figured I’d ask.

I am not sure if they have any more granularity these days "intra-build"

My car kind of went from in production to suddenly at the dealership

The NC1 is a low production car but I'm waiting on a new build from a domestic manufact ....The build date keeps getting pushed back because of the chip shortage, so patience is needed.

I am not sure if they have any more granularity these days "intra-build"

My car kind of went from in production to suddenly at the dealership

Thanks, what did the timeline on that look like? I know build time is 10-15 days but what did shipping look like. I got the “birth certificate” on March 6th.

The NC1 is a low production car but I'm waiting on a new build from a domestic manufact ....The build date keeps getting pushed back because of the chip shortage, so patience is needed.

Patience is key for sure i orders my NSX mid November and have been waiting since. Excited for deliver haha.

All New cars sales have suffered while "Truck" sales have marginally increased. Used car market boomed for 2020.

It's 1990s all over again...

March 2021 US new car sales

NSX 7

For context, let's look at the volume for my other fun car is a Lexus LC 500 Convertible

For Q1 2021 Lexus sold 238 LC in the US (coupe V8 or hybrid, which sells in single digits or convertible V8 combined), so about 80 per month

I believe most of these sales are for the convertible, US inventory for new coupes has only be around 50 at any given time in the most recent months, for the convertible, inventory is crept up toward the low 200s, which is still less than one car per US dealership.

How many cars were produced for US since debut in 2016 for NC1? I think I recall seeing about 1400? There is about 50 for sale (autotrader) so about 4% of total production is for sale now.

Last edited:
Back