• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Where can I buy an RC NSX

I'm looking to buy a Remote Controlled NSX, and I've tried searching prime but i get nothing but mis-hits from people using a remote control door opener. Forums Nazi... i tried! :p

Does anybody know of an RC NSX still currently for sale that they would recommend? Also, is it possible to "mod" it slightly? (ie. MORE POWER! :D)

You can get an nsx body for pretty much any 1/10 scale sedan sold at a hobby store. Check out towerhobbies.com or hobbypeople.net. I have a hpi rs4 with an nsx body. Also Nikko makes a toy rc nsx and there is of course the XMODS NSX from radio shack.

I have the Tamiya car which friends bought for me during NSX withdrawal and my wife got me the XMODS system so that I can race my son in the future. (Planning ahead). Pretty amazing little toy.

Tim

If you want a seriously fast RC car, check HPI. You can get a Nitro chassis and just about any car body you want. They have a few NSX's and most of the bodies are pretty good renditions. The on road Nitro cars are about 55-60mph out of the box.
http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

I'll recomend neo stick to the electric nsx, instead of the nitro ones, less mess, and he should be able to bring it through custom.

Yeah, NEO finally will bring his own NSX to nsxpo 05' :biggrin:

NSXDreamer2 said:
I'll recomend neo stick to the electric nsx, instead of the nitro ones, less mess, and he should be able to bring it through custom.

Nitro is more fun and sound better. May not accelerate as fast as high modified electric but the top end is much better. By the way, I have 2 HPI electrics (1/10), and micro HPI 1/18 and HPI gas car. :)

AndyH said:
Nitro is more fun and sound better. May not accelerate as fast as high modified electric but the top end is much better. By the way, I have 2 HPI electrics (1/10), and micro HPI 1/18 and HPI gas car. :)

Dont discount electrics so quickly -- brushless electrics are capable of some really insane top speeds. One of my micros (very heavily modified) was able to do 50+ at 2/3 throttle in our company parking lot. Traction was the limiting factor. Even with foams, it could spin all 4 wheels at that speed. Im shopping for a radar gun and a larger parking lot to see where it tops out.

-- Joe

NSXDreamer2 said:
Yeah, Neo. Bring it on!! :D

I'll have mine ready for NSXPO '05 if necessary. :p Let's RACE!!!

4132IMG_1670_small.jpg

micro_rs4_nsx03.jpg

haha... :D

Thanks for all the links & suggestions. I'm looking for an Electric RC... or maybe the world's first hybrid RC. :p I'll check all these links out then work cuts me some slack.

FuryNSX said:
I'll have mine ready for NSXPO '05 if necessary. :p Let's RACE!!!
Hey Randy

Now you got me really interested in this. Can you post or pm me some details? I've been considering an RC for about a year now and love yours!

Last edited:
I used to be heavy into RC cars when I was a kid and just recently started to toy with them becaue I thought my 10yo would like them (I was wrong). I was reading about the blushless motors, I did not realize they could get a 1/18 car to go so fast! WTF do you do with a car so small that goes 50+ mph??? :eek:
Fury... That looks too good to drive! Sweet little NSX.

nuccaJB said:
I was reading about the blushless motors, I did not realize they could get a 1/18 car to go so fast! WTF do you do with a car so small that goes 50+ mph??? :eek:

The fast micro is only good for drag racing and "land speed record" attempts. I have another micro, a 1/10th car and a 1/5th car for when we cone off part of the parking lot with a road course.

Neo - I would definitely recommend checking out www.towerhobbies.com as was suggested earlier. I dont know about the overseas shipping though. They carry all things HPI (and tamiya, kyosho, and team associated) and have one of the largest inventories of any hobby store. Their return policy is nearly hassle free.

I would suggest starting off with a 1/10th car. As was stated earlier, there are many 1/10th NSX bodies that you can drop onto virtually any 1/10th chassis. One of the guys at work has an HPI RS4 Pro 4 with an NSX body and it looks sweet. Pay attention to the 190mm vs 200mm body widths. Most HPI electrics are 190 and you will need different wheels and spacers to get it to look right with a 200mm body.

I would advise against starting with a micro (1/18th) unless you have access to a perfectly flat and clean surface. They have a hard time coping with any obstacles larger than a toothpick. But they are small enough to race indoors and are great for those rainy days. (A while back we strapped one of those micro-wireless cameras to the back of the car and were doing timed laps around the office via a tv monitor.)

Happy racing.

-- Joe

A while ago Tamiya had an R/C kit that was a stock NSX (#58094). I was able to pick up a used one off eBay and I am currently trying to restore the car to make it look like mine. I'm sure that it isn't as modern as some of the cars today, but I wanted an NSX R/C car that had the stock body. Anyway, here's the info....

model number 58094
model name Honda NSX
released 24-Apr-91
drive 2WD Rear, ball differential
suspension Monoshock T-pod rear, sprung sliding kingpin front
chassis desc. ABS Bathtub
body Lexan polycarbonate
motor RS-540 Sport Tuned
same chassis Click here for car list
wheel base 260mm

scale 1/10
front tire Rubber sponge tires