• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

where to buy paint for nsx?

hi everybody i just wonder where is the best place to buy paint for nsx berlina black i am going to fix my nsx and i will provide the paint so i dont know where is good place to find it
thanks very much everybody
dimitris

Touch up paint is one thing (and yes, you can buy it at your dealer). However, body paint - IOW, paint for an area larger than a few chips - is not anything I would provide myself. A really high-quality body shop - which is the ONLY place I would take an NSX for a body repair - will mix their own paint so that it matches the car's paint (with whatever change it has gone through over time and exposure to the elements) absolutely precisely. Paint you buy and supply to a body shop will never even come close. This is one of those things that sound like a REALLY BAD IDEA, because it is.

nsxtasy said:
However, body paint - IOW, paint for an area larger than a few chips - is not anything I would provide myself... This is one of those things that sound like a REALLY BAD IDEA, because it is.

LOL....I once helped a friend paint a car with a rattle can in high school. To say it looked like $hit was a complement. :biggrin:

DIMITRIS said:
hi everybody i just wonder where is the best place to buy paint for nsx berlina black i am going to fix my nsx and i will provide the paint so i dont know where is good place to find it
thanks very much everybody
dimitris

I sprayed the PPG9836 on some wheels, the Berlina has a little red to it. No problems with the match but I'd need a body panel to blend to be sure. I had to add some DX73 fish eye remover to the clear as getting good atomization out of my tip and compressor configuration has been the biggest challenge on the top coat with the cold weather.

Here is a list of corresponding paint codes for the various vendors. Once you narrow down the products, many vendors online can fill your order if you shop around; the walk-in local supply places tend to be very pricey.

http://www.acuraworld.com/tsb/1996/B96-050.pdf

Honda Japan might have it as they have a refreshment plan for NSX they will re spray NSX's with original paint you might get some paint from them.

AdnanVCS said:
Honda Japan might have it as they have a refreshment plan for NSX they will re spray NSX's with original paint you might get some paint from them.

Yeah, just give them a call and they'll send you a few quarts. Good luck! :rolleyes:

nsxtasy said:
Touch up paint is one thing (and yes, you can buy it at your dealer). However, body paint - IOW, paint for an area larger than a few chips - is not anything I would provide myself. A really high-quality body shop - which is the ONLY place I would take an NSX for a body repair - will mix their own paint so that it matches the car's paint (with whatever change it has gone through over time and exposure to the elements) absolutely precisely. Paint you buy and supply to a body shop will never even come close. This is one of those things that sound like a REALLY BAD IDEA, because it is.
thanks for your help thats why i wrote a thread to find out if i can find a beter quality paint then the body shop will i dont know how works if there is diferent brands @ paint bussines .
thanks for your help everybody
dimitris
"note finaly my nsx found the best frame shop and its on frame rock !!!

John@Microsoft said:
I sprayed the PPG9836 on some wheels, the Berlina has a little red to it. No problems with the match but I'd need a body panel to blend to be sure. I had to add some DX73 fish eye remover to the clear as getting good atomization out of my tip and compressor configuration has been the biggest challenge on the top coat with the cold weather.

Here is a list of corresponding paint codes for the various vendors. Once you narrow down the products, many vendors online can fill your order if you shop around; the walk-in local supply places tend to be very pricey.

http://www.acuraworld.com/tsb/1996/B96-050.pdf
thanks very much for your reply
dimitris
u know a lot obout paints ?

Back