• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get TB/WP done in N. Phx

I'm buying a 93 that's long overdue for the timing belt/water pump. I live near the 51 and Cactus. I've talked to a mechanic at N. Scottsdale Acura who seems to know what he's doing on an NSX. Any other recommendations up this way?

Whew,
My experience with NSAcura is they're about 20% higher than any of the other Acura dealers.

If you want to stick with an Acura dealer, I recommend Acura of Peoria, Gary Callis-Service Director, Chris Thomas-Service Drive Rep, Lance-Parts Manager.

If you want to go with a speed shop with a great selection of options, definitely Science of Speed, Chris Wilson-manager, great crew there...

t.

I've assumed that SoS would cost more than a dealer. Am I wrong? They sure have a great reputation.

You should be able to get quotes on the job over the phone from any shop(s) you're considering.

SOS was less expensive than the dealer, and had way better customer service.

...there you go C-n-C.

Your car will be in the best hands at SOS. No reason not to take it there, also since you just got the car you can meet everyone there and build a relationship with them. One trip will be all it takes and you will continue to go back.

After reading the responses here, and checking out the SoS website, I'm convinced. Thanks for the great advice.

Definitley go to SOS shop!!! You will need to schedule the work though as they are always busy doing mod jobs like super charger installs. Chris is the best and the mechanic Jeff will give you the straight talk if he sees other work recommended. I have been very pleased with their work.

Last edited:
Thanks for your recommendations guys.

Our rates tend to be significantly lower than Acura dealers. Our rate is $85.00 / hour while most dealers in the valley are around $125.00 / hour. In addition, specializing in the NSX has allowed us to build a great deal of competancy and efficiency further lowering cost to our customers. We put a significant amount of care in each job, whether it's a simple oil change or a complete engine overhaul.

take care,
-- Chris

I live in Glendale and I am more than happy to drive my car over to SOS to have them work on it. Pricing is not cheap but fair and the work for me has always been done right.

I live in Glendale and I am more than happy to drive my car over to SOS to have them work on it. Pricing is not cheap but fair and the work for me has always been done right.

I was hiking Piestawa a few months ago and spotted a black NSX in the parking lot. Talked briefly with the owner, he let me look the car over a little (I was curious about the trunk size). It was turbo'd. Was this you? If so, thanks; seeing your car was one of several things that inspired me to buy one.

Another recommendation for Chris and Science of Speed; they're the only ones I let work on my car.

Cap'n Carl, that was me. Congrats on picking up an NSX. SOS has done most of the work on my car and I have never been disappointed.

...New Mexico, actually.

Would someone be so kind as to PM me where he is?

Back to the thread -- SOS is the way to go.

Last edited:
we were not mentioned either.. but just did a tb/wp/ and rocker adjustment on txvslv's NSX for 800.00 in labor.

BTW - we didnt move to TX or NM either

Regards

And probably took your sh*t with him...
See you on the 10th...

he told me texas via text. i doubt he's trying to hide from me... but either way, he's gone.

Back