• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which NSX should I keep ? Black or Red ?

I have a bit of a conundrum , I've got 2 NSX's here and one has to go , (wife wants her car park back) :biggrin:

The Black one is Aus delivered Stock standard Auto and for lack of a better word, imaculate! I've kinda fallen in love with the Colour as it looks so badass, but seriously cannot keep it clean which is my turn off .

My plan is to either sell the Black for what it is and be done with it or transfer all my Superchared Manual hot goodies into it and sell my import red one, and do yet another Manual conversion before selling the red one which has 60000 kms on it and also very good nick but not as pristine as the blackie.

Any serious advice would be appreciated, I need to consider all the work involved and the financial benifits . This Is like choosing between 2 hot girls but the prettier one will need more cleaning and upkeep :confused::confused:

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Last edited:
Sell the Red one since the Black one is imaculate. You will have more time to put into the black one to keep it real nice and clean. That will turn you back on instead of off. But it's really up to you to make that decision. It's gonna be a hard one too. Goodluck :smile:!

Are you simply selling for financial reasons only or because the wife wants the car park back?

If it is the wife wanting the car park, I'd just get a one of those tent like temp car shelters and keep both. The NSX is such a good daily driver but only a few do so because of inherent "risks" on the road. Enjoy one for daily driving.

The Black one is a friends car that I have maintained free for many years, and thus I get a good cut of the sale so kind of a partership car but I have the option of buying my fraction for cheap and I only really need one NSX, I personally don't give a toss about my wifes shopping cart car, but she does :biggrin:

I've have noticed though that the black car looks fantastic when just washed , but after a week or 2 of driving It just looks like crap and the red still looks good , dirty but good!

Any Black car owners wish to share ???

Are you simply selling for financial reasons only or because the wife wants the car park back?

If it is the wife wanting the car park, I'd just get a one of those tent like temp car shelters and keep both. The NSX is such a good daily driver but only a few do so because of inherent "risks" on the road. Enjoy one for daily driving.

Last edited:
I now have a black and a white NSX, both 1993 Australian delivered manuals. I have owned the white one for a few years now and it is easy to keep clean, a bit like your red one. The black one looks sensational when it is clean, but it's like painting the Sydney Harbor Bridge, you start at one end and then you have finished it is time to start at the other end again!!!

I should add, I have the other problem, I want to sell one, but my wife now quite fancies herself in it!!! Problem is, she is not prepared to give up her Subaru Forester and we have nowhere to keep it.

I love both cars, so it simply comes down to the one with the lower kilometres, which is the white one. The black looks stunning when it is pristine, but as a daily driver, I'm not so sure, plus I've only got one garage.

The above being said, for what it's worth, if I had to choose between the two in your case, I would keep the black one and do the manual conversion, assuming the kilometres on the black one are low.

All the best,

David

Having a red-auto daily drive and a black-manual, I would suggest; if one truly-ruly has to go, keep the black. As you are experienced with the conversions, long term, you're going to be happier with the black, manual. Long-term value-wise, keeping them stock will make them more valuable. An Aussie delivery will be worth more than a grey import, but I don't think that comes into your considerations. Best answer; keep 'em both - rent a garage. I've met so many people in petrol stations who've had one; say the worst thing they ever did was sell. regards, Paul

I should add, I have the other problem, I want to sell one, but my wife now quite fancies herself in it!!! Problem is, she is not prepared to give up her Subaru Forester and we have nowhere to keep it.

So David if you had to sell one , which would it be ??

Also does anyone think the Black colour raises less "Red Flags" So to speak, with the boys in blue !!

If I was selling one, which I suspect I will, I would sell the black one. However, that would be based on the kilometres. The black one has done 144,000, while the white one has only done 81,000. I should add, if they were both the same kilometres I'd probably toss a coin!!!

So David if you had to sell one , which would it be ??

Also does anyone think the Black colour raises less "Red Flags" So to speak, with the boys in blue !!

Holy cow, so many Aussies owning multiple NSXs, what's up with that? :eek:

My vote goes for keeping the red because outside of the NSX community, everyone seems to like that color more as they seem to think that's the most fitting color for a sports car. Black is nice, but the maintenance...yeesh. Good luck whatever you decide! I see you really like those wheels too. :D

Just my two cents worth but I once owned a black Lotus esprit, looked great but...... shocking to keep clean and also park it in the sun and you struggled to get into it it got so hot! I swore I would never own another black car in my life, and after owning the NSX I could never own another Lotus for that matter, as much as i used to love them!

CLAKE Total Control at your Fingertips!
IMT INDUSTRIES PTY LTD
Factory 7/1 Austarc Ave Thomastown VIC 3074
MOB
EMAIL [email protected]
www.clake.com.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Cheers Owen.

Well if you still intend on selling the black one, please keep me in the loop as you mentioned! :) Can't go wrong either way!

Well I now officially own the Black one outright and after daily driving it for 2 months, I decided to sell it when my red one is back on the road. As I live in the bush I just can't keep it spotless, very dusty here. Thats my one and only reason, however it does drive beautifully and looks awesome, so off to the market soon before I get too attached :frown:

Well my lovely Blackie is on Carsales and already the dumb calls are coming in. For example some guy called raving about how my water jacket is probably corroded ?? The only thing thats ever come out of my cooling system is fluro green coolant. Then after all the re assurance that the car is tip top he says it not for him as he wants a Red one ?? WTF why call me then !

I will discount this car for any Prime member or anyone that has a clue about NSX, just to save me from the strange calls :confused:

Last edited:
Hi, is the car an auto or manual. Your initial post said that it is an auto but your ad describes it as a manual.

It was an auto, I got bored and transplanted all of my manual running gear, engine, trans, electronics etc from my red car to the black . I have turbo track car aspirations for the red car . The black car only has 44000 ks on the chassis, engine and trans etc has 59000ks. I,m also pretty sure the engine is nsx-r na-1 with jdm short gears . All signs point to this, however I want to prove this with engine number crosschecks .

Furthermore, If anyone wants this car as an Auto, I'll reluctantly put it back and Knock $10k off the price, as Automatics in an NSX to me are a travesty !! Sorry auto owners :redface:

Last edited:
Well my lovely Blackie is on Carsales and already the dumb calls are coming in. For example some guy called raving about how my water jacket is probably corroded ?? The only thing thats ever come out of my cooling system is fluro green coolant. Then after all the re assurance that the car is tip top he says it not for him as he wants a Red one ?? WTF why call me then !

I will discount this car for any Prime member or anyone that has a clue about NSX, just to save me from the strange calls :confused:

From the Sunny Coast?

I took my add down and decided to keep it. So much easier than dealing with the dumb questions.

HAHAHa :tongue: I could get rid of my pool table from the garage , but that's not going to happen either !!

Now that you have stablished your territory in the garage, I wouldn't back out at all. Nothing a romantic dinner or jewelry that could fix the dilemma, and cheaper too. Win win situation. I think.

Back