• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which rim company do u like? VOLK or HRE?

Which Rim Brand? HRE or VOLK

• VOLK

Votes: 68 61.8%
  • HRE

Votes: 42 38.2%

• Total voters
Greeting all,

Please don’t get wrong about theWb. I am thankful and also convince that most Prime member’s appreciate his active role as a go-to-person for wheels. I admit I felt his differentiation of Volks material as being, "..they use alot of diffent grade of aluminum.." And HRE as, "HRE= usa top grade aluminum t6061 only...” give the impression that Volks material is inferior to HRE.

As for my credential is concern. I'm a consumer product designer, (Designing shoes, helmets, cell phones, etc.) I don't make my living selling wheels, but I know plenty about materials/chemistry such as plastics, metals, and the ever so exotic CF (which was originally from France BTW)

I wish to contribute to Prime in a positive way, my apologies to theWB and his fan. Yes ekin95, this is not about spelling. But I'm pretty new to this forum, and I based it on his typing. Hence I initially painted a picture of theWB as a High School senior in general English class selling wheels on the side.

Perhaps it was more in the way you wrote you other post. ;)

If you got the money why not get both. IMHO if you seldom drive your NSX and always have your NSX clean than get HRE they got the bling factor. Otherwise Volks, because cheaper, easy to mend, doesn't matter if it got dirty. I have Volks and its been raining alomost every night now and I don't mind plus it would be funny to have a GT body but have bling instead. :)

HRE 545s with gunmetal/charcoal spokes in 17x8, 18x10

nsx_hre1.jpg

I will be getting Volk GT-U's with my soon be owned NSX:smile: ; but I'd love to buy a set of 540R's for it. Unfortunately; been there done that...HRE's have weak lips and cost way too much...or maybe not:wink:

Must...go...fast...first...no...bling...no...bling...must...fight...the...the...dark...side...

15032.jpg

Last edited:
TE-37's. FYI depending on size, might take you a while to get. I personally like the look of the 17's all the way around from the 2002 and up NSX's so thats what I got. Took almost 8 months as the 17 x 9's for the rear with NSX offset isnt made in large quantities supposedly. (That or the guys at Volk fell asleep with my order) :tongue:

I have both the HRE and the Volk, I have a 2002.
I use 305X19 and 225X18 on the HRE, they are the 545, they look great, the tires look great, but they are very very heavy, you can feel it in the way the car accelerates, and in the way it shifts. I relize the wheel and tire sizes are a lot different, but the Volks are larger than the OEM and still weight less than the OEM wheels.
I have 225X18 and 265X18 on the Forged Mag Volks, they also look great, are much easier to clean, not as many little creveces, are lighter than the stock wheels, which on a 2002 is hard to find, both wheels were expensive, the Volk took about 4 months to get, they came from Shutoko-R, I got the HRE's from theWB.
I use Pirelli's on the HRE and have put the Mich PS2 on the Volks, I like the Mich very much, quieter, and better ride.

I like HRE styles better than the various Volks. Of course wheel design is a preference, which is why there are thousands of different wheels in the aftermarket.

Another big plus for the HRE's is that they are much more rare than the Volks. When I was at the JGTC, I wouldn't doubt if more than 70% of the aftermarket wheels on the various Japanese cars in the club parking area were Volk Racing. HRE's on the other hand were a rare site to see.

The HRE's are more expensive, but worth the exclusivity in my opinion.

By the way, do we know if the original poster finally choose his new wheels?

Its a shame the SSR's get no love :frown:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Its a shame the SSR's get no love :frown:

I like SSR's!! In fact I have a set of SSR Competitions that I have never used....not sure what I will do with those actually. :frown:

Meeyatch1 said:
I like SSR's!! In fact I have a set of SSR Competitions that I have never used....not sure what I will do with those actually. :frown:

what size? :rolleyes:

Wow. All this talk about Volk vs HRE. If I knew beforehand that there's really only two choices, I would've decided between these two before I ordered my Works Meister S2R's :smile:

But seriously, doesn't it all come down to personal taste and what you view as the most esthetically pleasing, as well as quality of workmanship?

JaySpec7 said:
I was considering HREs but got the Volks instead.... I dunno... something about the GTCs... :D

post-943-1094257706.jpg

silver on silver. Gotta love it.

I don't have an NSX but love the Volk GTCs. I have them on my Z and have no complaints. The build quality is great and the wieght is amazing. I have 19x8s and 19x10.5.

One thing to remember, it may take a while to get the volks. HREs might get to u faster.

My .02

Back