• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which tires to use for Seattle?

hi all

so Im moving next week, to Seattle as I mentioned before.
I need tires, so I was wondering, should I get rain tires? or all weather
or is it not that big a deal?

thanks

Moazzam

It rains alot up here. I don't drive my car in the rain though. I've owned many lowered and sporty cars up here though and non of them had rain tires. You'll be fine.

But this year, in Portland, it rained every day from Sep. of last year up to about a week or two ago.

I am sick of the rain.

Goodyear F1 GS-D3 have excellent wet traction. I currently have them on my NSX.

I'm running Goodyear F1 GS D3 as well, I have them on the NSX and my daily driven Honda fit. this is probably the best wet tires you can get.
Is your NSX a daily driver?

Goodyear F1 GS-D3's on my car here in San Francisco. I like these tires a lot! Not as much rain as Seattle but it still gets wet.

I use Kumho MX, not the best tires, but good enough for nsx at affordable price. I haven't driven Kumho SPT on nsx yet, but they seem to do fine with my wife's TL-S, I'm not exactly blvd cruiser even on that car....

F1 GS D3 seems to be a good choice if you need a tire that do well in most conditions.

I use Kumho MX, not the best tires, but good enough for nsx at affordable price. I haven't driven Kumho SPT on nsx yet, but they seem to do fine with my wife's TL-S, I'm not exactly blvd cruiser even on that car....

F1 GS D3 seems to be a good choice if you need a tire that do well in most conditions.

Yes, If you have confidence with your driving and drive like NSXdreamer2 which is constantly side ways, you probably can live with other tires in the wet. :biggrin:

I absolutely *LOVE* and I mean love the Bridgestone RE050. Absolutely amazing dry and excellent wet. I feel absolutely confident with this tire in all circumstances.

In comparison - the Michelin PS2s which are excellent tires, I'd rate the dry performance & wet performance 7 out of 10, and 10 out of 10 for the Bridgestone. Significantly above a already very good tire.

Get the Bridgestones; I'm not going back.

i dont have an NSX.. but me and all my buddies use Ventus cause its cheap and they handle pretty good in the rain :D but i highly recommend Michelin tires.. great company IMO

Back