• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which wheel would you pick?

Which wheel do you prefer?

• Total voters
$750?!! to hang some heavy fiberglass on...

One could make a similar argument about a front lip, or any of the other dozens of modifications we do to our cars. It's all about creating the proper stance, and these give the nsx much-needed rear visual presence, well worth the money, imo.

AS Motorsports is probably the most hassle-free source for buying a pair, of course the absence of hassle would come at a slight premium, paying in Euros and not dealing direct. I guess it depends on the value of your time.

If you feel compelled to rationalize the flares to hard-parkers, you could always claim they redirect air away from the turbulence caused by your rear tires, or increase the aerodynamic length of your car's underside, therby increasing downforce. They could also have a stability impact, similar to an F1 barge-board - of course it's all BS, but minimal effort could create quite a convincing argument.

my vote is on weds.

weight comparison?

I don't have weights on the RSII yet but they are lighter than the RS. And the RS are around NSX-R weight. The RS is a super super light wheel. You can tell why, the spokes are very thin but a high number keep strength up. The weds are close... Slightly heavier for the 18x10 rears but close to the weight of the stock wheels. Of course I'm taking 18x9.5, whereas the RS is 18x10. If you want specific weights I can post. I'm mobile right now.

Advans. But I think black wheels get washed out more and you don't really see the detail of the wheel. And I don't think your calipers will be noticed at all.

Basically blacked out wheels draws more attention to the car which is fine if that's what you want but if you have a really beautiful wheel and want to show it off black is not the right color. IMO

Calipers are already quite visible in person from 15 feet or closer. More so than in photos. But certainly visible with either of these as they are very open. I agree I'm personally not that into black wheels. You can see the side shot of the white NSX above... And all NSX's I've seen go from 02 wheels to a black wheel look worse to me. I especially dislike black centers with polished lips, I just don't like that "ring with a hole" look. If I get the Advans it'll be a gunmetal type color. The hyper colors. The weds I'd just have to paint.

One last thing is... Most stock wheels on ANY CAR are a spoke of some type. 5,6,7. I've not seen any factory wheel that looks too much like the RS other than subies. So in person it's pretty aggressive.

I can't believe how far the RSII surged ahead in the poll. I wonder if it's for reasons I discussed or if that many people prefer its looks. I am surprised it is over 2-1 now. :eek:

Fat 5s FTW! Advans are soo played out on the NSX. I mean, everyone and their mom has them now...except my mom who's rockin the Fat 5s. :smile:

Played out? There are like 3 2005 NSXs in all of New England. I don't hang out as car shows either, no one here even recognizes what the NSX is. The dealer asked me if my silverstone interior is stock and that they wouldn't warranty my headlamps because I had painted them "silver". This is the highest volume Acura dealer around. This isn't SoCal.... It isn't like you are used to... and if it is played out on this forum, I don't care. I care about what performs and looks good. Besides, the RSII is new, no one has them yet.

Last edited:
Played out? There are like 3 2005 NSXs in all of New England. I don't hang out as car shows either, no one here even recognizes what the NSX is. The dealer asked me if my silverstone interior is stock and that they wouldn't warranty my headlamps because I had painted them "silver". This is the highest volume Acura dealer around. This isn't SoCal.... It isn't like you are used to... and if it is played out on this forum, I don't care. I care about what performs and looks good. Besides, the RSII is new, no one has them yet.
If the Fat 5s aren't getting any love, how about the Rota G-Force then? You can get a set in every color!

14_acuransx.jpg

I'm so full of Win today.

For pure looks I like the style of the Weds, but only in the gray. Not a big fan of dark wheels.

Stay with the stock!

Sounds like your mind's already made up! When they coming in?? :biggrin:

He loves to derail my threads...

I wish 18/19 wasn't such a performance downer because BC Racing forged ones look really good. Better than both of these. Viper drivers car looks incredible on those wheels. I think I'll get a set of RSII and try them on. I can sell them here if I don't like them. Might have a harder time selling weds black wheels. The fact that they make only one color now stinks.

I think your stock looks pretty darn good already.

But, if you must buy rims and those are the only two options, then I would pick Advan RSII.

I think your stock looks pretty darn good already.

But, if you must buy rims and those are the only two options, then I would pick Advan RSII.

RSII won't come out until late July or August anyway. Don't get me wrong... I love my OEM wheels. It's the best looking 17" wheel there is. 35+ people signed up for that 02+ replica wheel thread, there's a reason for it. My motivation is to 1) save some weight, and 2) allow the BBK to be seen better because it is beautiful. I'm going to throw some of those new black lugs on the OEM wheels and plastidip the Acura A on the center caps and see how that looks.

love.

i used to dream that she was my gf back in the day. lots of hand holding and deep eye gazing. :biggrin:

Now that people have made up their minds.. can we proceed to discuss other winning topics?

Let me present some more Win here.

kristin-kreuk-18.jpg

Back