• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which would you do? NSX or Stoptech on caliper?

So it looks like I have to just have a stencil made and paint a logo on my Stoptech calipers after I paint them. I can do whatever I want now.

So should I do the original Stoptech and its logo? Or should I stick to what was OEM and do NSX? Any opinions?

I think just "NSX" would be too small for the stoptech caliper. Even if you sized it to fit.

I didnt think about this, you may be right. The caliper is long and NSX is a short word.

- - - Updated - - -

Just get the vinyl stickers, easy to replace if needed. With one track day with my stoptechs, stickers were still intact and no issues with regular driving.

Well I finally got a hold of them, they don't make stickers any longer. So I have to have my own made. They use a silkscreen process now. I just thought if I am making my own, why not make it look more OEM. But maybe that is dumb... as chudson said it may not even fit right.... I could lie and add "ceramic" in small letters next to it... haha...

Has your clear coat faded or yellowed at all G? I got color matched 1000 degree paint!

Last edited:
I can go both ways but decided on supporting the ACURA brand. I would go with "NSX" in your case but have the shop elongate it a bit so the font ends up short and wide. The effect will be the same imo.

nsx_acura.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Can't see it too well on this one
IMG_0435.jpg

btw.. I've had bad experiences with stickers. I did mine in high heat vinyl and clear coated over it. Only had 2 track days on them yet but they are holding up very well. No discoloring and obviously, no delaminating.

Last edited:
Well I finally got a hold of them, they don't make stickers any longer. So I have to have my own made. They use a silkscreen process now. I just thought if I am making my own, why not make it look more OEM. But maybe that is dumb... as chudson said it may not even fit right.... I could lie and add "ceramic" in small letters next to it... haha...

Has your clear coat faded or yellowed at all G? I got color matched 1000 degree paint!

Dave, my calipers have not faded or changed color yet. This is on 3 years of driving on them and 1 track day. Maybe someone who drives their car harder and with multiple track days will have issues, but I have not. I prefer doing the vinyl because it's held up for me, and less "permanent" then painting the logo (and easy to replace). If you have the template for the stickers, I can get them made for you pretty cheap. I'll ask my vinyl guy for a quote if you like. Probably under $15 or less for a set shipped to you. PM if you are interested, but I'm sure there are tons of shops locally you can go to to.

Senna........you already have the sticker....

If you go with decals, have them made from 3M reflective. At least do a trial sticker in reflective. They look completely normal until the sun hits it or at night if headlights hit them at an angle they look awesome.

When I eventually get my BBKs I'm planning to paint them like this but silver caliper/black letters.

Acura-NSX-Concept-wheels-21-1024x639.jpg

A lot of NSX votes.... I'm not sure I want Acura regan, because there isn't a single Acura emblem on the car now... And I'm not all that fond of Acura these days... I don't want to be associated with that ILX thing.... LOL

Davidf thanks for the tip on that vinyl... I'll ask about that. Thing with NSX is the letters have to be really wiiiiide....

I'm really hoping the clearcoat keeps the vinyl in place and from toasting

Back