• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

White Face Guages

Hey Blew-by-u.

Well from the two people that I have talk to this seem to be the way it is done. I have wrote G2Motorsports 3 times now. And have not gotten a response. I am assuming that the company is dead or something. I see the gauges being sold by a company called Jc_motorsports on ebay. Dont kno if this is the same company.

Juice
You are right you can do that too. I am assuming you removed the bulbs and put the clip back in the dash? I thought about that. Just did not do it.

92NSX.
Well 4 hours is a good time to remove the intrument from the car, and add the gauges and then put it all back in. Plus you have to run the wires for the new gauges. It is an all electronic dash so no old cables. But you do have to take about 4 parts off before you can start to remove the pod.

Thanks
Jim

Does anyone know if the needles on the NSX are made out of Lexan material. Also does anyone know how to remove the needles? What is the best way to do this with out throwing the gauges off?

Think I have found another person that might be able to supple the needles.

Thanks

Jim

Diveboy,
Thank's for the heads up about the gauges and the insturment cluster.
I just bought a set of them from 'jc motorsports'(?) and went to Paypal them and it went to 'G3 Spoiler'(?) or something like that. Is this one and the same company? I emailed them and asked for their paypal account name and was told it was 'jc [email protected]' so now I am totally confused.
Anyway, are you happy with the product overall thoough? Any regrets other than the price thing I have read about?
Thank's for all your help.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Yes. I do like the gauges. I think when you do the total package it looks really awesome. I would do it again. But I also am a blue person. I will take everything as long as it is blue.

I am hoping to fine a place to buy the needs from that I can trust. It seems like every time I ask for the instructions on how to install them they seem to stop emailing me. Once I find a person willing to be up front with me I will let you know. I may try to get some needles out of a wrecked NSX dash. So if any one wants to voluntree a set of needs out of bad dash for this project I would appreciate.

will keep you up to date on this project

Jim

Well one of the guys that I was talking to about their blue needles. He sent me and email back and stopped accepting mail from me. This is the user that is in the ebay auction above. So I am guessing he is not someone that the NSX group wants to do business with. This is what he said and did.

Thanks
Jim

The original message was received at Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:34:14 -0400
(EDT)
from web13906.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.175.69]

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with
its
delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors
-----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail
could
not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which
is a
general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to air-xh01.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 550 ebyauctns IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER
550 <[email protected]>... User unknown

Message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; rly-xh03.mx.aol.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; air-xh01.mail.aol.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 ebyauctns IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS
SENDER
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

Forwarded Message [ Save to my Yahoo! Briefcase | Download File ]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:34:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member
To: [email protected]

Plain Text Attachment [ Save to my Yahoo! Briefcase | Download File ]

Well I have also been talking to another person. Well
I have not received the information from you that you
said you would send me.

Thanks
Jim

--- [email protected] wrote:
> I reviewed your thread, and don't be surprised when
> Leslie from Texas bends
> you over the barrel, see the NSX does not have lexan
> needles as your
> thinking, thus your kit you buy from her will be a
> waste of money. IM not
> trying to make a sale because I don't care if you
> buy my kit or not, but I
> dont want you to get something you cant use, he
> thinking is that your needles
> are lexan based and they light up. so good luck
smile.gif

>
> be informed
smile.gif

Originally posted by 92NSX:
Diveboy,
Thank's for the heads up about the gauges and the insturment cluster.
I just bought a set of them from 'jc motorsports'(?) and went to Paypal them and it went to 'G3 Spoiler'(?) or something like that. Is this one and the same company? I emailed them and asked for their paypal account name and was told it was 'jc [email protected]' so now I am totally confused.
Anyway, are you happy with the product overall thoough? Any regrets other than the price thing I have read about?
Thank's for all your help.

guys, i bought the gauges on ebay after the price drop.the day after i bought i went back to my ebay and the company had changed names and was no longer posting any gauges for sale.I emailed my concerns to the new jc named company and they told me not to worry a week went bye with no more replys and the day i was gonna eamil again and find out what was up they arrived in the mail.btw they are offering the gauges again.so regardless of all the nonsense and the crazy price drop they do appear to be getting them to the buyers.I installed the gauges but have not hooked them up to a 12 volt power supply yet.where did you guys wire them to.. the kick panel fuse box empty slot?or headlights.also what about the factory lighting for the oem gauges.did you disable it to the six gauges. the install directions are sketchy.any info welcome.i was thinking of just using an aux slot on the kick panel box for the red wire and run the black to the closest ground.what has been the place most of you wired to and where did you mount your touch pad?
david

Well the guy that sent me the email refered to Leslie as a girl. It is a guy So I am not sure what he knows. I am still doing more research on the project of the needles for everyone.

Ok on the wireing up of the gauges lights. I jumped it off of the big block that goes to the gauge pod on the right hand side. I think the number was like B9. I looked on the wiring diagram. This was the lights that turned on the dash lights. If you look at the picture you might be able to make out the wire. If I remember correctly it is a red wire with a green stripe. I hope this helps. It seem to work every well for me.

Thanks
Jim

because im very anal about my nsx what i did was wire it directly to the fuse box and used a relay which would turn the gauges on when the parking lights were turned on... the touch pad i stuck down above where the hood release latch is .... it cannot be seen unless u really look but if u need to adjust it ever you can just reach down and do it with out any problems....any other questions you can email me [email protected]

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 28 August 2002).]

I just bought a set on ebay last Fri for $80. I received on Monday. They look pretty good as far as design and quality. However, I have not installed them yet.

Regards,
Danny

Can anyone confirm if the "icons" (for lack of a better word) can be seen completly? In some of the PICS I have seen it appears the gas and oil icons are only partly visible. Maybe it is just the angle of the photo?? Does anyone else see this?

so after reading all of the messages, I am still not clear where you purchased your white gauge faces from or how much. how easy were they to install?

thanks!

------------------
- Joel Smernoff
'96 NSX-T
'88 M3 track toy (for sale)
'91 Legend winter trasher

Originally posted by blew-by-u:
Can anyone confirm if the "icons" (for lack of a better word) can be seen completly? In some of the PICS I have seen it appears the gas and oil icons are only partly visible. Maybe it is just the angle of the photo?? Does anyone else see this?

I'm curious about this too. From the pics I've seen it lloks like they move the symbols down to make room for the glowing ring around the needles. Hopefully someone who has installed them can tell us for sure.
Will

------------------

Originally posted by NyC NsX:
because im very anal about my nsx what i did was wire it directly to the fuse box and used a relay which would turn the gauges on when the parking lights were turned on... the touch pad i stuck down above where the hood release latch is .... it cannot be seen unless u really look but if u need to adjust it ever you can just reach down and do it with out any problems....any other questions you can email me [email protected]

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 28 August 2002).]
I totally agree with going to the fuse box.i did not know that the kick panel fuse box has 4 additional aux 12 volt power connectors at the very top of the box.to get to them you need to drop your underconsole panel and can access the top of the fuse box.you can view a pic of the fuse box and powerconnectors i am referring to in the faq section of the 1991 servman.pdf page 1035 under the electrical section.also check this out,it refers to the connectors but does not spell out which one does what.the pdf does. http://www.nsxhelp.com/faq/diy23.htm
1.turns on power when headlights come on(thats where i will wire my red wire off gauges instead of tapping in somewhere in the cluster)much cleaner.and will ground the black wire to a screw right next to the fuse box.the screw goes right into frame.MY only concern is you guys that are tapping into the cluster are by doing so using the fuse for that cluster insuring you dont burn out your gauges.these four extra 12 volt power connectors are great.one for lights,one on all the time (dont use that one)one when key is turned to position one,and lastly one that powers on when key is turned to postion 2. but what about a fuse for these additional power connectors.anyone know if they have one? i was thinking the best,safest practice to wire these is to use these aux 12 volt connectors and put in line fuse on the red wire say a 5.you could also wire your radar detector or anything else that needs 12 volts here cleanly freeing up your lighter socket
how bout some feed back on this wire scenerio
read the link and view the connectors and pin # in the faq pdf's like i said its in the servman one under electrical.this opens up lots of add ons for me.but want to find out about fuses for these.i will post more when i know
david

Back