• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has to stop driving their NSX for the winter?

I feel sorry for you guys up north! I can't stand the cold. If it gets below 75, it's too cold. 80 is perfect. Just had the top off last weekend here in FL. :D

389654_10101685447441662_18961458_n.jpg

I hate winter and ask myself why am I a life long New Yorker

I feel what New York lacks in the winter it more than makes up for in the summer. I think the cold season helps you appreciate the summer, and for that reason, the car more :)

having said that, floridas much nicer this time of the year. But our summers are better.

Last edited:
My 1996 has never seen rain. So living in Northern California the car goes out in any dry weather. Lately NSX has spent more time on the trickle charger with my Buick GN. So not restricted...just make sure its dry outside. p.s. Targa off on trips is way good. NSX "T" is the way to go.

Goes in in October sometime and comes out for limited appearances in April.
View attachment 96552

View attachment 96553

Had to back it out today to put the Christmas decorations on the shelf above the car. It really sucks to only have a decent 5 month window (May thru Sept but lots of rain in May-June) to engoy my toys.

Peter

I drive my 91 turbo all year long here in Minnesota as long as the roads are clear. Interesting the reactions it produces. I've been doing it for over 12 years plus since I've owned the car and even with over 100K miles my baby still looks new. The Mid West mentality is pretty interesting. If you have a sports car it seems like there's a state law that dictates it has to hibernate in your garage from October through May. Just last week on a beautiful clear sunny day I guy followed me down the freeway for a few miles until I exited and pulled into a gas station. He jumps out and screams "Dude do you know what month it is"? So I respond "Is this a trick question". He says "Just wondering since you're driving your Corvette in the middle of winter. All I could do was laugh.
It's just a car enjoy it!

Last edited:
I drive my 91 turbo all year long here in Minnesota as long as the roads are clear. Interesting the reactions it produces. I've been doing it for over 12 years plus since I've owned the car and even with over 100K miles my baby still looks new. The Mid West mentality is pretty interesting. If you have a sports car it seems like there's a state law that dictates it has to hibernate in your garage from October through May. Just last week on a beautiful clear sunny day I guy followed me down the freeway for a few miles until I exited and pulled into a gas station. He jumps out and screams "Dude do you know what month it is"? So I respond "Is this a trick question". He says "Just wondering since you're driving your Corvette in the middle of winter. All I could do was laugh.

No law here in Michigan but I'd rather have AWD in the winter. There are a few Corvettes but usually you will only see Camaro's and Mustang's in the winter since the majority of them are lower trim models. I pulled my NSX out of storage last week for a sunny day because one of my best friends were in town from the Army.

Really? I live in Lakeville just south of you. I have yet to see an NSX in the winter that wasn't in the shop or garage lol. Pm if you wanna meet up this spring/summer sometime. I'd love to meet other NSX owners in the area.

Really? I live in Lakeville just south of you. I have yet to see an NSX in the winter that wasn't in the shop or garage lol. Pm if you wanna meet up this spring/summer sometime. I'd love to meet other NSX owners in the area.

That's my point exactly Vi3tBoy, why don't. Minnesotan's drive their car in the winter. I could see if there was always snow, sand on the road but that's not the case. Especially this mild winter i drive it a few times a week. I've been driving it year round since I've owned the car and it still looks new. Admittedly the downside is although it runs like a beast in the cold air I can't take advantage of it because of the cold tires. :mad:

Do you own the blue T I've seen south of the river?

That's my point exactly Vi3tBoy, why don't. Minnesotan's drive their car in the winter. I could see if there was always snow, sand on the road but that's not the case. Especially this mild winter i drive it a few times a week. I've been driving it year round since I've owned the car and it still looks new. Admittedly the downside is although it runs like a beast in the cold air I can't take advantage of it because of the cold tires. :mad:

To be fair, you live in the bottom 1/3 of MN... travel just 4 hours north and you are up schit creek without a paddle if the weather decides to dump a few inches on those roads. Drive west towards the SD border into farm land MN and you are just as screwed with blistering wind chills and sporadic snowfall that can bury you where you roll.

I went home on lunch break today, I was foolishly thinking about driving my NSX back into work since it is nice outside today (37 degrees). But alas, I go to turn the key and the battery is dead.. bummer

I like doing winter project nick nacks on the cars as well, that I don't have to finish up same day. I try not to do anything to my cars in the summer so there is never down time in the summer. Everyones got their own thing, in the end it doesn't matter if the other guy does this or does that, it's their car. No I have a Black NSX and live right by Full Blown Motorsports for now. Full Blown will be moving to your city of Eagan in March/April time frame to a bigger facility.

I went home on lunch break today, I was foolishly thinking about driving my NSX back into work since it is nice outside today (37 degrees). But alas, I go to turn the key and the battery is dead.. bummer

Enjoy it, I hear monday is supposed to be -20 as a low and -8 as a high or something a few co workers told me. This gonna be a tough stretch of cold weather early next week.

Back