• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has to stop driving their NSX for the winter?

Yup, the NSX is in Winter hibernation, along with a few other "good weather" only cars. As others have said, not so bad as it save $, miles, and allows for a rekindling of appreciation and joy every Spring!! Perhaps a little rationalization there :)

Took me 20 years to get an NSX, and I've been crying for the two months its already been in storage..crying mostly because probably 50 of the last 55 days I could have driven it. Of course, now the bad weather is FINALLY getting here..and Ive been begging for it just to justify the cost of storage.

My car was parked sooner than I wanted. Got sent overseas.

I drive my NSX year round. As long as the roads are dry, I am out there. Besides, the 10 extra whp in the cold is nice!

Was going to say, I start driving mine this time of year! The cool air and no A/C feels like it adds 20 more horsepower compared to the dreaded summer heat :biggrin:

It is not the snow I am so concerned with. It is the idiots that can't drive in the snow that scares me.
This winter a woman in a Dodge Charger slid into my wife's SUV. My wife was actually parked at the time. This kind of thing is more concerning than driving. I wish they would make snow tires law here!

My car was parked sooner than I wanted. Got sent overseas.

Bummer.... hopefully you'll be back next spring? (Thanks for your Service!)

I had mine out on Dec 6. But after the ~10 inches of snow we received Wednesday night through Thursday morning, it is now hooked up to the float charger & covered.

Like somebody mentioned, my choice to keep it a garage queen. With any luck it will be back out on the roads in March.

I drive my NSX year round. As long as the roads are dry, I am out there. Besides, the 10 extra whp in the cold is nice!

Yeah, something like 10 hp. :)

Took me 20 years to get an NSX...just to justify the cost of storage.

You wait 20 years to get an NSX then you put it someplace that you can't see it everyday? You deny yourself the late night visits?

I don't drive my NSX is snow, but short of that, the cold isn't going to hurt anything. Drive on...

Hell no it won't. And winters- at least in Ohio- just aren't what they used to be. If you don't put your car in jail someplace for the season there are usually decent opportunities to get it out here and there. Just choose your spots wisely.

WINTER YUCK
its all washed ,waxed,preped for the winter sleep
its only been 3.5 weeks now and i am missing it already
i gota find a better weather place to live

I did my last drive last night before the snow hit here in Toronto .
I usually put the car in from Christmas to the end of march , then I fly down to Cancún for work and do lots of go kart racing ;) .
still, miss the NSX very much when is down , and that's why I track the crap out if it when it's on the road .

-MSR

Wasn't suppose to leave until March, but 2 people had to drop off due to personal reasons. I had to cancel my Timing belt/WP service at Brezina cause I was leaving the same week. My wife told me about the snow fall. Wish we got a snow blower for her before we left.

Bummer.... hopefully you'll be back next spring? (Thanks for your Service!)

I had mine out on Dec 6. But after the ~10 inches of snow we received Wednesday night through Thursday morning, it is now hooked up to the float charger & covered.

Like somebody mentioned, my choice to keep it a garage queen. With any luck it will be back out on the roads in March.

Just took my car out to Shenandoah ~ it was 50 degrees when we left and I intended to drive around a bit with the top off but it was about 40 degrees by the time we got there. Took the top off anyways... for five minutes before putting it back on.

I notice my suspension squeaks and rattles when it is cold. I have Eibach/Bilstein in the car and initially when driving the car home, I noticed the suspension would do this but eventually 'warm up' after a few minutes of driving and the noise would go away. I think now it is actually cold enough that the suspension continues to do this even after driving for a while. Is this normal or a bad sign? I was hoping to continue driving the car well into winter as long as it wasn't slick, wet or snowy outside.

I store mine in my parents garage so I can take it out easily on the warmer days that pop up here and there, works pretty well. I like how much more the engine shakes at low rpm when the mount are cold - makes it feel more raw, ha.

B0FE8BAB-34CB-4845-825A-50EEB9A55570-488-0000003A36E5EC42.jpg

Cold and snow is one thing, but salt/sand is the killer. I wait until the streets are washed/swept in the spring. Around March/April. I had it out in early Dec this year on a sunny day. It had snowed previous to that but it didnt stay and they had not plowed or sanded/salted yet. Its gonna be a long few months.

Not me. Mine gets driven almost everyday. The only time I don't drive in the rain is if it was just washed. I waited 19 years to get one so there was no way it was going to just sit in the garage.

Pulling my car out of storage today at 5pm and taking it back tomorrow after work. A dear friend of mine is in town for a short time and the weather is favorable for a couple of days.

Damn, I should do the same... Its not like aluminum rusts anyways, right!

58 degrees tomorrow in the DC area. Guess who's gonna try driving to work with the roof off? :tongue:

Back