• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is still running R-12 refridgerant?

What refridgerant are you running?

• R-12 and sticking with it

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Converted to R-134

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Removed my A/C for weight reduction :)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I don't know...It still blows cold so who cares.

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
134's cooling ability is 27% less than r-12. You can buy r-12 on ebay no problem, although if you look hard enough you'll probably find someone local who still has it. I paid $160 locally just to not have to do it myself. Man made global warming is an extremely expensive hoax IMO. All cars put out lots of O2. If you really believe, I don't see how you could go on joy rides or race around it circles. Realism is a good thing, although in short supply in todays world. Glad I'm old.

There's one advantage of Freeze 12 that some are overlooking - larger molecule size for older systems that do not operate well using R-134 and prone to leaks.

Running R-134 and Freeze 12 back to back in the same car, Freeze 12 does produce noticibly colder air from the vents.

While it's 90-115F out for the next 4 months, that difference is worth it's weight (no pun intended) when trying to cool the cabin down rapidly.

Back