• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is the oldest NSX owner that still drives their car regularly?

Beautiful garage, I turned 34 in February. What's on the pillars of the black car?

Have a serious scratch in the pillar.....so I put a temporary emblem over the scratch.:biggrin:

Attachments

• John002.jpg
    John002.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 807
Not new to prime, recently re-registered. This thread has got to be the most enjoyable read so far for me. Great thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my NSX in 2006, when i was 70. I've driven to NINE NSXPO's including Columbus twice, and to Las Vegas, Denver, Orlando, Palm Springs, and most recently to Elkart Lake Wis.
Iv'e put about 75K miles on the car since I got it. Howard

Last edited:
Howard,
There's an old saying "if you ain't the lead sled dog, the scenery don't change much" You are he and have got a few years on me. Pardon the poetry. Keeping the thread alive. Congrats.
Blessings,
Don

Last edited:
I got my NSX in 2006, when i was 70. I've driven to NINE NSXPO's including Columbus twice, and to Las Vegas, Denver, Orlando, Palm Springs, and most recently to Elkart Lake Wis.
What’s really impressive is back then they didn’t have Waze..

age and Nsx ownership

Wow. Just wow. Thanks dor the motivation
I was 44 when I got my 1st NSX, a Kaiser Silver 98, then an 01 Spa Yellow in the end of 02 and finally a 96 Brooklands Green which I have now at 64. Getting in and out has always been fun as all 3 cars were lowered but, it is a small price to pay for the pure joy I get out of hearing the engine bouncing off the red line during the last 20 years !

Last edited:
I put a deposit down for my NSX at a car show in 1990 and took possession in February 1991. At 70 years old, I am still enjoying the ride 27+ years later. I had the car out on the track last year which was a blast as usual although driving aggressively through tight winding canyon roads is probably my preference. Age does have some advantages as I note that the local police seem to be a bit more lenient when they identify a senior at the wheel.
I wonder if there are any other owners who have owned and driven the vehicle continuously since 1991?

I bought my 91 when I was 29. About to turn 35 here soon.

I'll reply back in 20 years (hopefully).

I'm 58 but bought mine from a 70+ Apollo astronaut.

How did this just get skipped over! Apollo Astronaut!? Could you share? Maybe shows my age (51), getting intrigue by the mention of an Apollo Astronaut!

How did this just get skipped over! Apollo Astronaut!? Could you share? Maybe shows my age (51), getting intrigue by the mention of an Apollo Astronaut!

Me and Colonel Walt Cunningham (USMC and NASA Apollo 7)...in Houston. He had bought the black NSX new and had Hennessey Motorsports do a Stage IV modification.

Attachments

• Walt and Tom.JPG
    Walt and Tom.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 475
Me and Colonel Walt Cunningham (USMC and NASA Apollo 7)...in Houston. He had bought the black NSX new and had Hennessey Motorsports do a Stage IV modification.

That is Fantastic! Great Pic and great story!

Awesome story. Even astronauts like the NSX...

Back when the astronauts had a de facto deal with Chevy for Corvettes he went against the grain with other sports cars. Google around about him. He only got out of the NSX because his life-long tennis playing messed up his left knee (clutch knee). He and I still communicate about how good the NSX is.

This is one impressive thread !!!! I hope the following generations carry it on to the point that Jay Leno does a show on the NSX culture. He did sort of touch on it with the Ted Koppell, Gen 1 vs Gen 2 comparison, but all you guys together are remarkable. Maybe invite Jay to an NSXPO and do a round table discussion with you old farts right before y'all go out on track. yeeHaw.

Actually, I am probably regressing!
Had the GT out this weekend...thanks again for directing me to this car!

I love both our "handmade, all aluminum, mid-engine, rear wheel drive cars". One I call the scalpel, the other, the machete! Maybe you'll make NSXPO next year in DC, and we can reunite the wives!!

I love both our "handmade, all aluminum, mid-engine, rear wheel drive cars". One I call the scalpel, the other, the machete! Maybe you'll make NSXPO next year in DC, and we can reunite the wives!!
You forgot manual transmission...
Reuniting the wives can get costly! But it (NSXPO) sounds like a good idea!

Last edited:
You forgot manual transmission...
Reuniting the wives can get costly! But it (NSXPO) sounds like a good idea!
Didn't forget, but the only way to get a GT, is manual, so I just "assumed"!! I have my daughter and son-in-law, and grand puppies, in Arlington, so it's a "no brainer" for us!!!

Back