• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who makes a REAL NSX-R wing? Is their such a thing?

0aoa = 0 degree angle of attack. the data is on the APR site.

http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=181

I must be at least at 15degrees since I took the wing and adjusted everything to the max. And then took the 2" extensions and put that at whatever max angle I can get.

All I know is at high speed turns I'm more concern with losing oil pressure than traction.

When I take fellow NSX guys out rides in my NSX and allow a handful to drive mines they all are 100% sold on the benefits of downforce and that my spoiler absolutely works, even in lower speeds.

I can even tell from watching the guys in my rearview mirror how much their NSX seem to struggle when I take turns at freeway speeds.

pretty crazy, lol. take a look at the numbers... i recall 13 degree's gave you more downforce than 15. there is a point of diminishing returns and i think they touch on that.

i am glad you see the benefits, now if you added downforce to the front, you can see the front stick too... instead of lifting as it does now. aside from downforce, the benefits of keeping the aero balanced is the handling characteristics stay the same at speed, as it is painstakingly done on the NSX-R with a 40/60 split. in the end, its up to the driver... but lift isn't a desired trait in cars, so i would recommend some front aero.

now if you play at top speeds, i would highly recommend some serious thought about balance... as a former rx-7 guy, i think you may have seen this before... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGMtLaRXEw

pretty crazy, lol. take a look at the numbers... i recall 13 degree's gave you more downforce than 15. there is a point of diminishing returns and i think they touch on that.

i am glad you see the benefits, now if you added downforce to the front, you can see the front stick too... instead of lifting as it does now. aside from downforce, the benefits of keeping the aero balanced is the handling characteristics stay the same at speed, as it is painstakingly done on the NSX-R with a 40/60 split. in the end, its up to the driver... but lift isn't a desired trait in cars, so i would recommend some front aero.

now if you play at top speeds, i would highly recommend some serious thought about balance... as a former rx-7 guy, i think you may have seen this before... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGMtLaRXEw

I've got a front splitter already.

And yes i've seen that video of the RX7 sailing.

i won't be hitting those speeds. it's really for more freeway stability for me.

thats good, a front splitter should produce quite a bit of downforce anyways... so your set-up isn't bad.

I've got a front splitter already.

Please provide a pic of the splitter.

Because a Shine GT lip is NOT a splitter. It generates NO downforce.

I had an APR GTC300 wing running at 8 deg and on the track the car understeered like a pig. I had to get a ducted hood, undertray and REAL splitter that was 3" and secured to the frame in order to even have any semblance of balance.

On the street I'm sure you're fine because you won't ever be pushing the car hard enough for it to matter.

Last edited:

I had an APR GTC300 wing running at 8 deg and on the track the car understeered like a pig. I had to get a ducted hood, undertray and REAL splitter that was 3" and secured to the frame in order to even have any semblance of balance.

On the street I'm sure you're fine because you won't ever be pushing the car hard enough for it to matter.

I dun track my car, but for my use on the streets and my 235 front tires it seems balanced enough.

It seems that 12 degrees of aoa has the highest downforce and lowest drag coefficient compared to any aoa above 12 degrees.

right when i heard splitter, i envisoned a massive piece protruding out the front and side and covering much of the bottom of the front, secured by rods... im glad someone gets it.

Back