• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's Buying NSX 2.0

In regards to manual transmission I was at a Ford dealership and the salesman told me out of every 50 Mustangs sold 45 are manuals.

Nor surprising as the choices are a torque converter automatic or a manual 6 speed.
You'd expect most to choose the manual in a sports car no?

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with all the above... By the way, I just confirmed my order (been on wait list for about 2 years) today!

Also curious about the confirmation.
Do you mean you have a deal with your local dealer?

I've been #1 on my dealer's wait list for years. They have one car allocated from Acura and will not sell me #1 until they get another car allocated. They have no idea when that will happen, but thinks it will be fall. Dealer wants to keep the first car in the showroom for traffic.

Dealer told me he has 10 people on the waitlist. I'm calling other dealers to see if I can get a car, but chances are slim.

How did you confirm the order? Acura Canada isn't accepting orders yet.

They are now... I have had a deposit for about a year and a half now...
Options with prices are out and a secondary confirmation deposit will be taken in a few weeks.
I have been told I should be getting my car the end of the year or one of the first at my dealer in 2017 as I am #4 on the list at that dealer.
If anyone wants to see the full options price list, pm me. As well, I can most likely get someone an allocation spot for the following year if they want. (I am not making any money out of this, just want to help out my sales manager)

Last edited:
Bram, you always seem know what's going on inside Honda Canada.
Any more news on Honda Canada accepting orders?

Last edited:
Bram, you always seem know what's going on inside Honda Canada.
Any more news on Honda Canada accepting orders?
Congrats on the sale of your car Jim. Are you going to purchase the 2.0? Any regrets of selling?

Congrats on the sale of your car Jim. Are you going to purchase the 2.0? Any regrets of selling?

I'll miss it but as you know when a car gets to be 25 years old it needs regular upkeep.
In a condo with no garage there's no place to work on it and I'm getting too old to be crawling around it.
The best car I ever owned.

- - - Updated - - -

The information that I currently have is that Honda/Acura Canada will start accepting orders for the new NSX by late March.
Bram

Thanks Bram

I'll miss it but as you know when a car gets to be 25 years old it needs regular upkeep.
In a condo with no garage there's no place to work on it and I'm getting too old to be crawling around it.
The best car I ever owned.
Somehow I can tell, you'll be back. Maybe with a 2.0 though:wink:
In any event, thanks for all the technical help with our old ladies.

The information that I currently have is that Honda/Acura Canada will start accepting orders for the new NSX by late March.

Bram

I placed my order at Acura of Oakville on Feb 29th. The "NSX build to order Details" has a build date of May 2016 and a unique ID assigned to it. The submitted build to order details that is sent to Acura / Honda HQ has the customer information first along with Unique ID, Build Date, Lock Date (Apr 4-16) and then dealer code and dealer name. It seems like dealers cannot order cars for stock unless a principal of the dealer or friend / family member is used for customer information.

I have been told delivery will be Late May or June 2016. I hope this is true so the car can be enjoyed this summer rather than arriving in the fall and having to store it.

Last edited:
Johnny,

Your case is a bit Unique, because, Carmen would have placed the order based on your information. I know that he has had several orders over a year now, and AoO have two of the first batch of Canadian NSX slated for delivery in late May timeframe.
If you get it before the May 27-29 weekend you have to bring it to Est Fest.

The build configurator tool would not be ready untill late March.

Bram

Bram,

AoO does seem to be better informed than most of the dealers that were at the Autoshow VIP evening. Ted Klaus spent a good amount of time with the AoO group including myself and another buyer answering our questions. We asked Ted if a plant tour was a possibility and Carmen told me last week that they are working on setting something up at the plant and will know soon. Is the the NSX Club setting this up or is it a dealer activity?

If the car does arrive before May 27th I will bring it. Where is Estfest taking place?

Last edited:
So, got word that the Canadian version of the NSX configurator will go live on March 14. I'm assuming that Acura Canada will be accepting orders at or around the same time.

Johnny,

Your case is a bit Unique, because, Carmen would have placed the order based on your information. I know that he has had several orders over a year now, and AoO have two of the first batch of Canadian NSX slated for delivery in late May timeframe.
If you get it before the May 27-29 weekend you have to bring it to Est Fest.

The build configurator tool would not be ready untill late March.

Bram

I don't think its unique. My purchase order from Acura Sherway has April build date. 😀

I know Downtown Acura also has ordered the same build date. They are not selling their car, but keeping it in the showroom.

My guess is every Canadian dealer who has an allocated first build have already booked their order with Honda. I don't believe the Canadian configurator is holding up Canadian bookings.

I have to admit though ... it will look cool on the track

I love everything about these two cars, except for the mirrors. They look a little flaccid. The autobacs racing car looks sick!

Back